Chapter 7

Kpop Hunger Games

 

[Minho's Point Of View]

I spent the morning with Jemmi who was dressing me up and doing my hair. She was getting me ready for my interview. She put me in the tightest clothes ever, telling me that the capitol loves skinny people and that looking skinny was one of their fashion trends.

An hour or so passed, and i am now lined up with the twenty-three other tributes waiting to go onstage for our interviews. I stood there quietly, waiting.

Jessica on the other hand, was shaking in her tight shirt and mini skirt. I could easily tell that she was nervous, by the way her eyes flew around in every direction and how she roughly chewed on her finger nails.

"Are you ready?" i asked. She jummped to the sudden voice.

"I'm not going to do good.." she says.

"You'll do fine. The people here already loves you." i say, trying to make her feel better.

She rolls her eyes. "Oh yeah, because i have dozens of sponsors lined up at my feet." she begins. "The only reason they have noticed me is because of you. Everybody loves you. I'm not like you, I'm not charming or funny or anything" she rages at me.

By now most of the other tributes are staring at her. She really knows how to get unwanted attention.

She pouts, "I dont have a y body like yours" she cries out like a five year old.

I look around feeling embarresed. Jessica is pretty much crying infront of me and i'm just standing here.

I smirk at everyone who are staring.

"Jes... Jessica" i awkwardly say, i place a comforting hand on her shoulder.

"They like you more than they like me. Jessica Jung; the beautiful girl from SM District. Has high hopes and big dreams!" I say, not knowing what was coming out of my mouth.

She laughs.

Before i can blink we were heading onto the stage.

The lights are blinding. I squint and try to find my seat on the stage.

Jeong Hyeong Don; the host and the person who is going to interview us, dashes onto the stage. I've met him a few times before when SHINee went on 'Weekly Idol'.

Hyeong Don says something witty to the crowd. They laugh and he introduces the first tribute. "Kim Hyuna"

I watch as Hyuna makes her way from her seat over to the stage. I hear Jessica, who is sitting beside me, hiss under her breath.

I may loathe her for being another tribute, but she does look breathtaking. Her ankle length golden dress sparkled in the light. Hyuna never fails to keep the audiences eyes on her. She flips her hair and replies to all the questions Hyeong Don ask in the y voice she has, keeping the audience amazed.

Once Hyuna was done, the boy tribute, Yoseob, doesnt fail to do the same thing.

Next was NH Media, U-kiss's AJ.

"So out of you and Kiseop, who is the female tribute?" Hyeong Don asked.

"Kiseop of course!"

The audience laughed.

YG.....Pledis....JYP... its almost SM's turn. I started to feel the nerves.

"thankyou Ren and Lizzy" Hyeong laughed as the Pledis tributes left the stage.

"and now let me introduce to you, FNC Entertainment's female tribute. Jimin (AoA)"

Jimin hops on the stage and speaks to the audience in her cute voice using a lot of aegyo. They soften their faces and its as if their hearts have melted. Jimin sure knows what she's doing. Once She finishes and has sat back down, evryone is in tears.

"What a cute little dongsaeng" you hear Hyeong Don whimper.

However, the boy tribute, Lee Hongki (FT.Island) was the exact opposite. Everyone knows Hongki as being the cute, innocent leader of FT Island. and that was true. But for some reason ever since day one of being here, he acts as big as a skyscraper and looks angry all the time. Most people are intimidated by him.

This must be just some plan of his, after all, he is also an actor. He has good acting skills. But i'm a better actor of course.

The buzzer rings. Its our turn now.

Jessica makes her way up and Hyeong Don wraps his arm around her and smiles.

*

[Jessica's Point of View]

"Another small fighter" Hyeong Don laughs. I grip my hands; what does he mean by 'small fighter' ? I put a fake smile on my face.

The light shines brighter on me and i reflexively put my arms up, just so i can see the slightest bit. The audience laughs.

"So SM district. Wow, that's got to be a lot of pressure on you. Especially after the win of SooHyun and what became of him" Hyeong Don says.

"Yes, Soo Hyun has been... quite the challenge.." i answer.

"When has it been easy with him?" he askes another question.

"When he's asleep." i reply.

This gets the audience laughing.

Hyeong Don laughs. "How true." he says. "So tell us, what is it like for you to be entering the Games?"

I stand still. What i really wanted to say was I hate it here! i hate you President Rain, and everyone watching this! if i could, i'd plunge a knife into every last one of you.

"Its an honor. I feel stronger coming in here. I want all the tributes to know that even though i'm small, I can last as long as any of them" I finally say.

I glance over to Minho who gives me a thumbs up. From behind me, i can hear the soft sound of someone snickering.

I glance to the right, just enough so i can see behind me from the corner of my eye, and catch Hyuna trying to cover her face. My expression turns from happy to angry. Everthing i've been wanting to say is starting to boil out of me, i cant controll myself from--

"I hate this stupid place!" i blurt out. The audience turns dead silent. Everyone is staring at me with looks of disbelief. I realise what i had just done and cover my mouth. I look at Hyeong, who i'm expecting to throw me out of the building.

"I...can't..Jess..you are so brave!" He exclaims.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Brave? Did he just call me brave?

"But I-"

"We have a true fighter!" he cheers to the audience. "This girl form SM district has enough courage to come up on this stage and declare her true feelings for the Capitol. Tributes, you better watch out, a fighter has been brought upon us!"

The buzzer goes off and i myself to my seat.

"Good luck to you, Jessica Jung, SM district tribute"

----------------------

haha, i know its a short chapter, but its just a small segment thingy since the games are around the corner (like a chapter away!) haha.

So i hope you liked it ^_^

stay tuned for the next update which should be in a few days :D yay!