Chapter 12

The Singer, the Dancer, and the Jerk

The home phone ringing took Taemin out of his thoughts. Taeyeon had fallen asleep on his lap. He gently put her down and went into the kitchen to pick the phone up.

“Yeah?”

“How are you and Taeyeon doing?” Hyunki asked.

“Yeon fell asleep.” Taemin said, he began walking upstairs to grab a blanket for her.

“Okay, that’s good. Listen, I need you to stay there with Taeyeon, it might take us a while here.” Hyunki said.

“I was going to stay anyway.” Taemin said playfully. “Anyways, what’s the situation there? Any deaths?”

“Taemin, this is not something to be joking about.” His father scolded. “We’re not sure about Eunmi’s condition yet.”

“Ohh, well uh, wish her luck on the whole analaxis thing.” Taemin yawned. “Where’s the kid? How’s he doing?”

“He refuses to leave so I guess he’ll be staying with us.” Hyunki sighed. “When Eunmi gets out of the emergency room, I’ll call and tell you.”

“If it’s late, try and not to. I’d rather not be woken up to be told she’s alive. But feel free to call if anything goes wrong.” Taemin said, going back downstairs after grabbing a blanket for Taeyeon.

“Lee Taemin!” Hyunki yelled over the phone.

“Kidding, kidding.” Taemin threw the blanket over Taeyeon. “So I think I know what caused that reaction thing to happen.”

“Really?” Hyunki asked, surprised. “What? How do you know?”

“It was a chocolate. With cranberries inside in it.” Taemin explained.

“Really? Why would Eunmi buy chocolate with cranberries inside?” Hyunki wondered.

“Someone gave it to her.” Taemin gritted -his teeth. “There was a note on top of the part that said there were cranberries in it.”

“Really? Well, I’ll tell the doctor that. He’s here, I’ll call you later.” Hyunki said.

“Kay, bye.” Taemin hung up and flopped back onto the couch. He tried to fall asleep beside Taeyeon but he couldn’t so he got up and made himself hot chocolate.

He looked at the time, it was almost midnight. What’s taking them so long?

He played on his phone for a bit, sipping his hot chocolate before realizing he should take Taeyeon upstairs and put her in bed. He put the hot chocolate on the coffee table and picked Taeyeon up. He grabbed the blanket and headed up to her room. After putting her down on her bed, he put the blanket over her once again.

At that moment, the phone rang again and he anxiously ran downstairs. What if it was bad news? What if the reaction had gone further than expected?

He entered the kitchen and picked up, “Hello?”

“Eunmi’s fine now.” Hyunki informed him. Taemin let out a silent sigh of relief. “It was a good thing Jihyun gave her that shot before we left. It could have been much worse. The doctors gave her more medicine and a couple of needles. Now she just has to rest up for a day and take care of the rashes. We’re coming home after Eunmi takes another dose of medicine.”

Taemin cleared his throat, “That’s cool.”

“Okay, I’ll see you when we get home.” Hyunki said before hanging up. Taemin put the phone down and leaned against the counter.

If it was anything more less fine, you’d be dead Jung Daehyun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since Eunmi was okay, Taemin had just gone straight to sleep and didn’t bother staying awake for everyone to come home.

Everyone had slept late that night so Hyunki and Ms. Kim had let Jongin and Taemin miss first period so that they could catch up on sleep.

Taemin groggily woke up and rubbed his eyes. He kicked his blanket off of him and walked to the bathroom. He passed by Jongin and Eunmi’s rooms and decided to peek in.

In Jongin’s room, he was sleeping with his arm dangling off the side of the bed and his face buried in his pillow. Kid musta been tired.

Taemin closed his door and went to Eunmi’s room. He opened the door and saw that she was sleeping while breathing heavily. He could see the rashes on her arm because it was sticking out from under the blankets. They were better than yesterday. On her side table was a pouch, probably with more epinephrine shots, and a cream for her rashes.

He closed the door and went into the bathroom. After showering and brushing his teeth he went downstairs. Ms. Kim was downstairs, preparing breakfast. He heard Jongin going into the bathroom which meant he was awake.

“Oh, Taemin-ah, you’re awake.” She said when Taemin entered the kitchen. “Is Jongin up?”

“Yup.” He answered, sitting down at the table. “Where’s appa?”

“Work.” She replied and placed a plate of eggs and toast in front of him.

“Eunmi won’t be coming to school today.” She told him. “Do you want me to drop you and Jongin off at school?”

He thought about it, “Yeah, I don’t feel like waiting for the bus.”

Jongin came downstairs with wet hair and Ms. Kim gave him his food as well.

“Did you check up on Eunmi?” she asked them.

“Sleeping.” Both of them answered.

“Okay, hurry up then. We leave in 20 minutes.” She reminded before going upstairs to check up on Eunmi herself.

“Has that allergic reaction thing ever happened before?” Taemin asked, getting up to grab a glass of juice.

Jongin stopped chewing and swallowed hard.

After hearing no response, Taemin turned around and gave him a questioning look. Jongin was looking down, his fork had fallen onto the table and he had a blank expression on his face.

“Helloooo?” Taemin waved the bottle of orange juice in his face.

Jongin blinked and swatted his hand away, “Oh, um, I should go get changed.” He got up and left his quarter finished plate on the table.

Taemin gave him a weird look  but poured his juice and finished eating his and Jongin’s breakfast. He didn’t thinking much of Jongin’s sudden wave of quietness.

“Okay, boys! Hurry up, let’s go!” Ms. Kim urged, sticking a note telling Eunmi where she was on the fridge.

Taemin put their plates in the sink and went upstairs to change. In five minutes, he and Jongin were in the car with Ms. Kim driving them to school.

“Now, go straight to class.” She said. “Especially you, Taemin. No wandering the halls. I only called the school to verify both of your absences for first period, and you probably only missed about half of second period.” She told them, pulling into the school.

“Okay, have a good day.” She said as Taemin and Jongin got out of the car. “And go straight to class!”

“Bye.”

“Later.” Taemin closed the door and both of them headed into school.

“Where are you going?” Taemin asked Jongin.

“PE.” He replied. “You?”

“Physics.” Taemin groaned as they entered the attendance office where they would have to get an admit slip to get into class.

“I’ll see you later then.” Taemin said after they got their notes and were heading their separate ways.

Jongin nodded and headed to his locker while Taemin went straight to physics. His locker was completely useless to him.

He entered the class and saw Ms. Choi in the middle of a lesson.

“Taemin, late again. What is today’s excuse? Well, you are more than 20 minutes late so I need a note from the office.” she crossed her arms.

He grinned and showed her his note, “Wasn’t my choice to be late.”

“Very well. Sit down.” Ms. Choi handed the note back to him and continued her lesson.

“Taemin oppa, why were you so late?” Yeonhee whispered to him as soon as he sat down.

“That’s my business, not yours.” Taemin said.

“Taemin, Yeonhee, quiet.” Ms. Choi scolded.

Taemin’s jaw dropped, “It wasn’t even my fault this time!” he glared at Yeonhee.

After assigning class work, Ms. Choi remembered that she had to take attendance.

“Oh, where is Eunmi? Taemin, do you know where she is?” Ms. Choi asked with concern as she marked Eunmi absent.

Taemin smirked, “Sure I know where she is. She’s at home, sick. Yesterday she had a very severe allergic reaction.” He looked directly at Daehyun. “Because someone gave her a chocolate with cranberries inside it. What the idiot didn’t know, was that she’s very allergic to them. She had to go to the emergency room yesterday night and she has big monstrous bumps everywhere. She’s hardly recognizable with those rashes all over her.” He exaggerated. Taemin looked away from Daehyun and shrugged, “Then again, she’s an idiot for eating it.”

“Thank you, Taemin. For that long and descriptive amount of information.” Ms. Choi smiled sarcastically.

“No prob, teach.” Taemin winked. Ms. Choi shook her head and finished attendance. When the entire class was working, Daehyun glanced at his empty seat and then at Taemin.

He got up from his seat and stood in front of Taemin’s desk.

“I’m sorry, this area is a pest-free zone.” Taemin informed him, making a box with his fingers indicating the ‘pest-free’ zone.

“What were you saying earlier?” Daehyun asked straight forwardly.

“Oh, you mean when I was talking about how you almost killed Eunmi?” Taemin feigned curiosity.

Daehyun narrowed his eyes, “What do you mean?”

“The scrumptious chocolate you gave her had something she was allergic to in it.” Taemin repeated. “Deathly allergic.”

Daehyun blinked, “What? Is she okay? Was it bad?”

“Well, I don’t know. She couldn’t breathe and had to go to the emergency room.” Taemin tapped his chin with his finger. “Anyways, go away.” He waved Daehyun to his seat.

Daehyun walked to his seat in a daze.

Allergic to berries? I didn’t know that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Taemin and Jongin came home, they found Eunmi on the sofa watching TV.

“How are you feeling, noona?” Jongin asked.

“Good.” She smiled. “Thanks for staying up to make sure I’m okay, Taemin. Thanks.”

“No problem.” He winked. “Remote, please!” he immediately took it from her and began watching his program.

“Hey! I was watching!”

“Now I am.”

“No fair! Give it to me!” Eunmi tried to reach for it.

“Oh, ew gross. Please get your arm out of my face.” Taemin scrunched his face up as he saw her arm.

“Then give me the remote!”

“No.” Taemin said, he put it down and then sat on it. “Try and get it now.” he grinned.

“UGH! YOU ARE SUCH A PIG!” Eunmi punched his arm.

“And you’re an idiot. Who told you to eat a chocolate that had cranberries in it?” Taemin raised an eyebrow.

“I didn’t know, okay! There was a note-” she stopped mid sentence and looked at him. “Wait, how do you know it was the chocolate?”

“Found the wrapper in your jacket. I see you and him are getting closer.” Taemin remarked. “Whatever. Just don’t say I didn’t warn you.”

Eunmi rolled her eyes.

“Well, you both owe abeoji $45.” Jongin noted as he sat down as well.

Both of their eyes widened in realization.

“Jongin, you can’t-” Taemin started but was cut off by Hyunki who entered the room.

“Can’t tell me? I already know.” Hyunki smiled.

“I don’t have 45 bucks!” Taemin blew a raspberry.

“Liar.” Eunmi rolled her eyes again. She sighed in defeat, “Okay, I’ll give you the money.” She got up to get the money from upstairs.

“And you, Taemin?” Hyunki smiled.

“Going going.” Taemin followed Eunmi.

Hyunki high-fived Jongin in victory, “I knew it would be too good to be true for them to get along for a week.”

“Where’s umma?” Jongin asked.

“Work. I’m going to go pick Taeyeon up in a few minutes.” Hyunki said.

Taemin and Eunmi came back downstairs (shoving and pushing each other along the way) and gave Hyunki the money.

“I’ll give you both $15 back since I’m the best dad ever.” Hyunki offered and returned some money.

“Ou yay!” Taemin took his and Eunmi’s half and ran up the stairs.

“HEY! GET BACK HERE! YOU STEALER, GET OVER HERE!” Eunmi yelled and ran after him. There were a couple of crashes and bangs.

“I’ll go pick Taeyeon up. Make sure they don’t take the house down.” Hyunki said to Jongin before leaving the house.

“Give it to me!” Jongin heard Eunmi chasing Taemin around the upstairs. “LEE TAEMIN, WAIT TILL I GET MY HANDS ON YOU!”

Jongin shook his head with an amused smile on his face. Just another normal day with those two.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HEYYY GUYSSS

I AM DONNEEE, YIPPPEEEEEE

I'm so happy omg, summer is finally here!

How were your exams? Good? Good (: Mine were pretty good as well.

I freaked out before math omg, but it wasn't as bad as I expected. But whatever! Byebye grade 10!

This chapter's kinda meh, but I'll work harder on the next.

From now on, I'll update like every 2-3 days.

Funny/Stupid story: So you know how at the end of the year you have to clean out your lockers, my friend was doing hers and there's a bunch of writing in marker in her locker. So she asked me to get her toilet paper from the bathroom to wipe it off with the spray she brought.

Anyways, so I go and get her a toilet paper roll. And when I give it to her she's like ....... I asked for a bit of toilet paper... not the whole entire roll!

And I was all excuse me, you did not specify the amount of toilet paper you wanted so I brought you the entire thing! I even went through the embarrassment of carrying a toilet paper rollin the halls!

Anyways, so after she used it she put the roll in locker next to hers and she also put her 6 month over due library book in the other locker. I'm pretty sure I forgot something in my locker..... oh whatever

That's it for now~! Byebye!

PS I still can't do colour :(