Chapter 10

The Singer, the Dancer, and the Jerk

“Fresh air, for one and a half hours, eh?” Taemin raised an eyebrow as Eunmi entered the living room.

“I ran into a friend.” She fibbed.

Taemin rolled his eyes. She is the worst liar ever.

“Appa’s finishing lunch in the kitchen, we’re going with him when he’s done.” he told her.

Eunmi nodded and went upstairs to put her bag away and tie her hair up.

“Where’d you go early in the morning, noona?” Jongin asked from her doorway.

“Fresh air.” She replied. “And what do you mean early morning? It was 12 in the afternoon!”

Jongin raised an eyebrow, not really buying it.

“Where’s Yeon?” she asked.

“Sleeping.” Jongin replied.

“Ohh, well I think abeoji is almost done eating.” Eunmi said when she tied her hair up. “Later, squirt.” She ruffled his hair on her way out.

“You two, ready?” Hyunki called from the kitchen when Eunmi got downstairs.

“Yep.” Eunmi answered, tripping over a stair.

Taemin snorted and laughed loudly, “Wow, Fat-”

“Keep going.” Eunmi grinned.

Taemin closed his mouth, “Wow, fat whales are really interesting.” He said, flipping to the animal channel.

“Yeah, thought so.” Eunmi joined him in the living room.

“Jongin, look after Taeyeon!” Hyunki called up the stairs. “Your mother will be at home soon!”

“Okay!” Jongin replied.

“Let’s go.” Hyunki motioned Taemin and Eunmi towards the door.

They all put their shoes on and piled into the car.

“Now, you two will be waiting tables. And I don’t want you two tripping each other or messing up the orders.” Hyunki said as they drove to the restaurant.

“Don’t worry.” Eunmi and Taemin said angelically.

“Those innocent tones make me worry even more.” Hyunki muttered as they pulled up in front of the restaurant. “And Taemin, please refrain from socializing too much with our……. female customers.”

Taemin grinned as he got out of the car and fixed his hair in the side view mirror, “I can’t help it if I'm charming.”

Eunmi rolled her eyes, “Oh, please.”

“Do I detect a hint of sarcasm?” Taemin peered at her as she got out of the car.

“No.” Eunmi blinked. Hyunki shook his head and led the two of them into his restaurant. It was quite big and filled with people. The decorations and design fit the mood perfectly.

Eunmi smiled as everyone enjoyed the delicious food; Hyunki was a great cook and had many delicious recipes in his restaurant.

“Grab the aprons from the back.” Hyunki said, leading them into the bustling kitchen.

Both of them went into the back room and grabbed black waist aprons with pockets.

“This is quite big.” Eunmi remarked, tying a long knot.

“Because you have mine.” Taemin shook his head and switched aprons with her to get the bigger one.

“Hurry up!” Hyunki called and Taemin and Eunmi ran to the main part of the kitchen.

“Go wait tables 7 and 9.” Hyunki instructed. “And remember to be polite and respectful. Eli will help you guys keep up with orders.”

Eli was the head chef of Hyunki’s kitchen, he was a great cook and was really cool. When Eunmi first met him she had gotten along great with him.

 “Notepads and pencils are over there.” Eli pointed to the far counter and Eunmi and Taemin both grabbed a notepad and pen. Eunmi went to table 7 and Taemin went to table 9; where the pretty girls were.

“Hello, what would you like today?” Eunmi beamed with her notepad and pencil ready in her hands. The man of the 4-membered family told her their order and Eunmi diligently wrote everything down.

“Anything else?” she asked and he shook his head. “Okay, your food will be here soon.” She told him before walking over to the kitchen and sticking the order on the front board. Eunmi was doing the job properly, talking to the customers respectfully and taking their orders nicely.

“Hey-yo, what would ya like today?” Taemin asked when he got to his table.

“One plate of cream pasta-” the girl started but Taemin cut her off.

“You really want cream pasta? Blah.” He made a face as he wrote it down.

“Yeah, anyways, one cream pasta-.” The girl finished telling him their order. Taemin messily wrote it down and then smiled at the other girls, “Anything else I can get you ladies?” he winked.

One of the girls giggled and Taemin played with her hair, “You have pretty hair.”

Eunmi, who had just given her table glasses of water, saw Taemin playing with the girl’s hair and rolled her eyes. She walked over to the table where Taemin was having fun talking to the girls.

“Uh, Taemin.” She gritted her teeth. “I think it’s time for you to actually go and give Eli the order.

Taemin blinked, “Oh, right. I’ll be right back.” He smiled at them again before Eunmi dragged him away.

“What is wrong with you?!” Eunmi hissed. “You’re supposed to act professional!”

“I’m just being friendly.” Taemin shrugged as he stuck the paper on the board.

“Table 7!” Eli rang the bell and Eunmi rushed over to grab the trays of food.

She carefully picked both of them up and walked to table 7.

She gently placed the plates on the table and smiled, “Enjoy. If there is anything else you need, just tell me.” She bowed before walking back to the kitchen to put the trays away.

Taemin, on the other hand, was slowly handing water to the girls.

“Oh, my bad.” He said carelessly as he dropped water on the girl whose hair he played with, she gasped as the cold water hit her.

“Could you get us some napkins?” she asked, gritting her teeth. Doesn’t seem so cute now, does he?

“Yeah, sure. They’re right over there.” He pointed to the napkin dispenser on the wall far away from them. He smiled again before walking to the kitchen. The girl bit her tongue to refrain from blowing up and then thanked her friends that helped her clean up.

“Both of you go clean table 10. It’s the big one at the back.” Eli instructed.

“You want me to clean?” Taemin blinked. “I’m sorry, I don’t do cleaning. I make friends with the cute customers.”

Eunmi rolled her eyes again. He is such a pig.

“Go.” Eli pushed them to the sink to grab rags and brooms.

“I’ll broom, you wipe the table?” Eunmi suggested.

“Nope. I ain’t touching people’s leftover food.” Taemin said, taking the broom.

“Well, I don’t want to either!” Eunmi exclaimed, holding the broom as well.

“Tough cookies.” Taemin shrugged and tugged on the broom.

“You do it!”

“No, you do it.”

“No!” Eunmi tugged on it.

“This is the second time I’ve caught you guys almost getting into a full fledge fight.” Hyunki commented as he appeared behind them.

Eunmi and Taemin both let go of the broom and it fell to the ground.

“Here, Taemin, you take the broom.” Eunmi smiled nervously as she picked it up off the floor and handed it to Taemin.

“Why thank you, sis.” Taemin also smiled in a fake way and put an arm around Eunmi. They both smiled brightly as if they were saying ‘We get along great’.

Hyunki shook his head as he went back to the kitchen to help with the food preparation.

“Ugh.” They both shuddered as they stepped away from each other. Eunmi sighed and grabbed the rag and a garbage can. Both of them walked over to the table and began cleaning it. Taemin brooming the floor and Eunmi wiping the table.

“Hey! You’re dropping stuff on the floor on purpose so I have to broom it!” Taemin accused.

“It’s not my fault I miss the trash sometimes.” Eunmi said, then she looked at the floor, “And you’re not even brooming properly! Half the stuff is still there!”

“Nu uh, that’s the stuff you keep missing.” Taemin argued.

“Table 9!” Eli called.

“Oh, looks like I have to go my table. Have fun brooming and wiping.” Taemin dropped the broom immediately and patted Eunmi’s back before disappearing into the kitchen.

Eunmi blew a raspberry before finishing the clean-up of the table.

“I didn’t know this was your dad’s restaurant.” A voice said from behind her. She jumped and turned around to find Daehyun with his arms on the top of a chair.

“Oh, hi Daehyun. Well, it is.” she smiled. “What are you doing here?”

“Same thing everyone else is doing.” he pointed out.

“Oh, right.” She turned red. “Where’s your table? I’ll take your order.”

“We’re over there.” He pointed to five boys heading to a table in the corner. They were pushing and shoving each other, making a lot of noise.

His friends looked a little intimidating to Eunmi.

“Okay, I’ll come in a second.” She said before taking the rag, broom, and trash can to the back. She washed her hands and saw Taemin giving his table their food. Finally, he’s doing something properly.

She noticed her table finishing their food so she decided that she would give them their bill first, then take Daehyun’s table’s orders, and then clean table 7.

She took the bill from the front counter and walked to the table. She gave it to them and they clipped the money onto the bill clipboard. After they smiled and thanked her, they left and Eunmi put the money and bill away.

Taemin was walking back from his table with his tray in his hand when he saw Eunmi heading to Daehyun’s table.

His eyes narrowed. What are they doing here?

He set the trays on a random empty table and caught up with Eunmi.

“I’ll take care of them. Go wipe down the tables.” He said, stopping her.

“Hey, no! I'm not cleaning your table.” She huffed.

“Too bad, go.” Taemin pushed her away and walked to BAP’s table.

Eunmi blew another raspberry and went to the back to grab the rag to wipe the tables.

Taemin took his notepad out, “What do you want?”

“That’s not a very polite way to take our orders.” Yongguk said.

“Yeah, well entering the restaurant like crazy baboons isn’t very polite either.” Taemin snapped.

“Oohooo, waiter boy’s got a bit of a temper.” Himchan sang.

“Do you want anything else other than a punch in the face?” Taemin asked, losing his patience.

“Yeah, a different waiter. Where’s the pretty waitress that was walking around?” Yongguk stretched his neck to see where Eunmi went. His eyes found her wiping a table, “Yeah, her!”

“She’s busy. Now order what you want before I kick you out.” Taemin glowered at them.

“Dude, calm down.” Daehyun rolled his eyes. Taemin’s insides burned as he glared at him. Daehyun quickly told him what they’d want and Taemin went to the kitchen without another word.

Eunmi finished cleaning up and saw that more people had arrived. She took their orders and went to the kitchen where Taemin was angrily sticking an order to the board.

“I just finished cleaning your table.” She squinted her eyes at him.

“Wonderful.” Taemin said plainly.

“Table 5!” Eli called. Taemin grudgingly picked up two of the three trays. He was really tempted to spit in their food. But, believe it or not, he was better than that.

“I’ll take the other one.” Eunmi offered.

“No!” Taemin glared at her. “Leave it, I’ll take it.”

“Why would you take two trips when I can just take it?” Eunmi gave him a weird look and picked the tray up and followed Taemin.

“I told you to leave it.”

“Are you starting an argument?” Eunmi asked. Taemin shut his mouth and glowered at her. He didn’t really care who she hung out with, anyone but Daehyun. Not to say that he got along with his friends, but he despised Daehyun much more.

They got to their table and Taemin set the plates on the table.

“Hi Eunmi.” Daehyun smiled at her as she put more plates in front of them.

Taemin gave both of them an annoyed look and they finished giving them their plates.

“Taemin, you forgot the water.” Eunmi shook her head as she went back to the kitchen to get the water.

“Your sister is nice. What happened to you?” Zelo, a 9th grader, blinked.

“Shut it, maknae.” Taemin gritted his teeth and walked away. Eunmi came out of the kitchen with six glasses of water on a tray.

“Why are you so friendly with that guy?” he demanded.

Eunmi gave him a weird look, “I’m supposed to be mean?”

“I told you, stay away from him. He’s bad news, don’t get all chummy with him.” Taemin said.

“I’m just being nice! You should try it sometimes. And anyways, why do you care?” Eunmi asked.

Taemin bit his tongue and then swept past her, “Fine. Whatever.” Eunmi shrugged and walked on.

 “I can’t believe you live with that.” Himchan gave her a sympathetic look. Eunmi gave him a weak smile and tried not to turn it into a frown.

“Yeah, the guy’s got a temper.” Jongup remarked. Eunmi blinked, Taemin was impatient but she had never seen him actually angry or lose his temper.

“Thanks.” Daehyun smiled and Eunmi smiled back before walking away.

Why do I feel like I'm missing something between those guys and Taemin? So much tension, and I doubt that Taemin would be happy to hear that Daehyun’s my new instructor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hellooo

I decided to update cuz I won't be able to again until the weekend~! school T_T

Just to be clear, Taemin doesn't like Daehyun at all. He doesn't want anyone related to him to be associated with him.

Oh, my lips aren't purple anymore :D

But I still have the stupid cold -_-

I wasn't sure whether I should add comedy to the tags or not, but whatever, for now its a little comedic~!

My throat is so ugh D:

Well, bye~! :D Stay healthy guys, stay healthy. Eat your veggies, take medicine, and drink water ;)