Chapter 9

Desire [HIATUS]

“Jiyong,” murmured TOP and turned around surprised.

“She’s still alive…” whispered Donghae.

“I know,” Jiyong nodded. “But she’s…” he stopped and looked away. “She’s not the girl I used to know and loved.” He said and looked back at Donghae.

“But you still love her.” he said. Jiyong remained quiet. “If you care for Rae Jin, but love her, don’t do anything, just stay back.” Donghae said and turned around, trying to leave, but a wall appeared right in front.

“You’re working for him, don’t you?” asked TOP.

“I’m working for no one,” Donghae turned around, looking straight at TOP. “You know what I am, yet you’re so relaxed around me, like I’m one of you.” He laughed.

“You are one of us,” said Daesung.

“Not anymore,” he whispered as his eyes turned into red color that shined in the night.

“You said you won’t do anything!” hissed TOP and prepared for attack.

“And I’m fulfilling my promise.” He nodded. “Jiyong, I’m serious,” he continued as he looked at him. “If you care for Rae Jin, just a little, leave her alone. I’m more than sure he won’t do anything.”

“Says who!?” Jiyong raised his voice. “Yoona said the same sentence to me three years ago! And what happened?! She left with him and never came back!” he yelled.

“That was then!” hissed Donghae and stepped forward making Daesung step back. “On top of that she was mortal! Human!”

“Human or not, I loved her and I still do!” he hissed.

“Damn it all!” cursed Donghae and raised his hands in the air, creating two huge waves.

“Donghae!” yelled TOP and looked at Daesung. “Get her out of here!” he hissed. Daesung nodded and quickly disappeared from the scene.

“Mm,” Rae Jin murmured and slowly rubbed her eyes.

“I’m sorry, did I wake you up?” asked Daesung when he slowly and gently laid her on her bed.

“W-where am I?” she asked and looked around.

“In your room,” he smiled and caressed her head. “Want me to sing a song again?” he asked and sat at the edge of her bed. She laid back, resting her head on the pillow, and nodded smiling.

“Ah, where’s Saja and Mulsuri?” she suddenly asked and looked around panicking. The moment she said their names, Saja ran inside and jumped on her bed, while Mulsuri flew beside her head. “Here you are,” she smiled and caressed their heads.

“You ready?” Daesung chuckled. Rae Jin nodded and looked at Daesung. He smiled and started singing the same song. In the mean time, Rae Jin drifted in her sleep again, while Sunny ran in her room.

“Daesung,” she called him.

“I know,” he whispered and looked at her. “I’ll come right away.” He said.

“Okay,” she nodded. “Don’t forget to shield her.” She added and stormed off. Letting a sigh out, Daesung stood up from bed and walked over to close the doors.

Veldrin, sslig'ne ilta – Shadows protect her.” Daesung whispered in Elf language as he raised his hands in the height of his elbows. A sudden wave of shadow was directed towards Rae Jin and cornered her, Saja, Mulsuri and bed.

“Sweet dreams, cousin.” he smiled sadly and walked out of the room.

When he reached the garden Jiyong was furious while Donghae was fighting for air.

“Jiyong, calm down!” said Sunny and tried to walk closer to him, but a hand stopped her. She looked beside and saw Minho shaking with his head and looked at Youngbae.

“Jiyong,” Youngbae called him quietly. In instant, he calmed down as his eyes shot wide open, forming tears.

“Get out of here!” Daesung yelled to Donghae who was finally able to breathe. He confusedly looked at him and disappeared in an instant.

“If he’ll make any more noise, I swear I’m going to kill him with my own two hands.” Cursed TOP and held Jiyong, before he collapsed to the ground.

“You can’t blame him.” spoke Yuri. “He’s been confused and controlled ever since he disappeared.” she said and looked at the mess.

“On top of that we should be careful, since Rae Jin came.” Said Taeyeon and looked at those who were gathered. “She’ll be in danger from now on, together with us.” She added and looked at Jiyong who was on TOP’s shoulder.

The night was quiet and calm. When everyone went in their own way, Daesung went back into Rae Jin’s room, seeing her sleeping tightly. A small smile appeared on his lips and leaned down, kissing her forehead before he disappeared into his own dorm.

In the morning, when Rae Jin woke up, she changed into jean shorts and pink summer long sleeve. When she was done, she slowly walked out on the hallway, seeing everything quiet like yesterday.

“Where is everyone…?” she thought to herself.

“Rae Jin!” someone suddenly called behind her. She turned around and saw Daesung smiling widely.

“Daesung-ssi,” she smiled and lightly bowed.

“Don’t be so formal.” He smiled and pulled her in a hug, surprising her. “Just call me Daesung or Dae oppa.” He added.

“N-ne,” she stuttered nodding as her face was in a light shade of pink.

“Ya, Daesung, stop torturing her.” Tiffany laughed at the end of hallway. Daesung pulled away and stuck tongue at her.

“Jealous much?” he smirked.

“Me? Jealous of you?” she scoffed and rolled with her eyes. “You must have had strange dreams tonight.” She laughed and walked to them. “Did you sleep well?” she asked and looked at Rae Jin, ignoring huffing Daesung.

“N-ne,” she nodded and looked from one to another, scared a little.

“Aw, don’t be scared.” She pulled her in a hug. “Though Daesung has strange days sometimes, he wouldn’t harm you.” She smirked as she glanced at him. Daesung’s eye twitched as he pouted with crossed arms.

“Would you come to breakfast or not?” third voice spoke and let a sigh out. They all looked down the hallway seeing Leeteuk standing.

“Morning,” smiled Rae Jin, but her smile turned into frown when Leeteuk just walked away without saying anything.

“He’s always like that.” Sighed Tiffany and shook with her head, holding Rae Jin’s hand. “Let’s go,” she added smiling. Rae Jin nodded and held Daesung’s hand, smiling as well. Surprised by sudden hold, Daesung’s cheeks turned into light shade of pink as he looked down at Rae Jin’s hand that was holding his.

“You guys are late!” Heechul groaned when the three of them reached the dining room where everyone was already sitting by table, hardly holding back their hunger.

“M-Mianhae,” Rae Jin stuttered and bowed deeply.

“Look what you did now.” Sighed Siwon and hit Heechul.

“What?!” exclaimed Heechul and glared at Siwon. Siwon hit him again and pointed at Rae Jin who was slowly backing away, behind Daesung’s back. “Choi, I swear if you’re going to hit me one more time, I’m going to kick your face so no one will recognize you.” He threatened.

“Heechul,” Leeteuk sighed. Heechul looked at Leeteuk and then at Rae Jin who was peeking behind Daesung.

“Sorry,” he scratched the side of his neck and smiled nervously.

“He has short temper,” Taeyeon sighed. “Sit down,” she smiled and gestured on the empty seat in front of her, right next to Leeteuk and Yuri. She slowly nodded and walked to the empty seat while Daesung and Tiffany went to their own seats.

“What would you like to eat, Rae Jin?” asked Ryeowook with wide smile.

“U-uhm,” she murmured and looked around. “A-anything is fine,” she smiled with light shade of pink.

“Pancakes?” asked Shindong and offered her a plate of pancakes with chocolate on top. Her eyes suddenly shined as she nodded and clapped like a little kid.

“Here you have it,” chuckled Yuri at her behavior.

“G-gomawo!” she exclaimed and looked at the plate in front.

“Bon appétit everyone,” smiled Ryeowook.

“Bon appétit,” everyone replied and started eating their breakfast. Rae Jin clapped her hands, gaining attention from Leeteuk, Yuri and Taeyeon, and closed her eyes for a moment.

“What are you doing?” asked Taeyeon after she opened her eyes again.

“This right now?” asked Rae Jin and looked at her. Taeyeon nodded. “Oh, it’s just something my brother Tae and I decided to do before every breakfast.” She smiled.

“Oh,” she nodded. “I thought there was something wrong.” She let a chuckle out.

“Aniyo,” Rae Jin shook her head. “It’s a prayer we always do.” She said and started eating. Right after one bite she shut her eyes tightly, making the three worry.

“Are you okay?” asked Yuri and held Rae Jin for shoulders.

So good~” she sang and looked at Shindong. Yuri’s, Leeteuk’s and Taeyeon’s eyes widened at her voice. “Who made these pancakes?” she asked him.

“Wookie,” he smiled and pointed at him. Rae Jin looked at him with wide smile, saying: “You’re the best cook right after my mom!” and thumbed up.

“I’m not the first?” he pouted.

“Hey, you should be grateful.” Rae Jin chuckled. “No one can beat my mom in cooking, not even my father who is a chef of well-known restaurant in France.” She said.

“Bwoh?!” he exclaimed. “In France?” he was surprised.

“Ne,” nodded Rae Jin. “Most of the times he’s not at home, but when he is, mom and dad keep on competing with each other and I’m that black sheep.” She let a sigh out. “I’m always judging together with Tae, but lately he disappears before dad even comes into house.” She said angrily.

“You sound like a happy family.” smiled Sunny.

“We do?” Rae Jin was surprised by sudden sentence. She looked down at her plate and smiled lightly. “I guess we are.” She said quietly, almost whispering.


A/N

So sorry for long update. I was busy with school and with other stories, so I almost forgot about this one. I'll update more often now...at least I'll try...

Hope you like it and don't forget to comment and subscribe.

Update: June, Sunday, 2nd 2013