Chapter 1

Desire [HIATUS]

Every person has something that makes his power hidden. Yours is this necklace. It’s made of silver wings with ocean blue diamon in the shape of heart together with small silver heart and key, which hides your power, so no one can know or feel how strong you are. But … if you lose it the hunters will haunt you down. Take good care of it, my dear. Grandma’s words kept reminding me for zillion of times for the past week.

“Is grandma bothering you again?” a dark brunette smiled from the sofa next to couch. His eyes were glowing from yellow color.

“Stop your hormones, Tae.” I raised a hand.

“Sure,” he smiled and looked at TV, his eyes turning back into black color. I let a sigh out and stood from the couch. “Where are you going?” he asked, without taking his eyes from TV.

“On fresh air,” I answered and walked towards hallway.

“Do you have necklace on?” he suddenly sounded worried and concerned.

“Yeah,” I sighed and put my shoes on. I heard he turned off the TV and stood up, soon appearing on the hallway, behind me. “I’m fine, Tae,” I murmured and glanced at him.

“You may look fine, but you’re not.” He sighed and put his shoes on. “I can feel that something’s bothering you, so I’m coming with you.” He said. I shrugged and walked out of the house. He followed me and we started walking down the street, where people were walking as well. Some of them looked at me with surprise and shock, while others kept walking, without bothering to look anywhere.

“Uhm…where are we going?” asked Tae after we were half way from the home.

“I don’t know,” I shrugged. “I just want to walk around, before I go to high school.” I said and looked around.

“Oh come on,” he laughed and put and arm over my shoulder. “You’re leaving on Friday so you still have whole week ahead of you.” He shook with his head and continued: “On top of that, it’s only two hours away from here.”

“Two hours away or not, high school is different than elementary school.” I rolled with my eyes and shrugged Tae’s hand off. He shook with his head and laughed again.

“You’re so funny, you know.” He ruffled my hair as we sat down on the bench in park. “I’m going to miss you,” he added quietly, for anyone to barely hear it.

“Me too,” I smiled and leaned on his shoulder, but quickly pulled away, smacking his shoulder. “Don’t play with my feelings, Tae! How many times do I have to repeat myself?” I glared at him. He let a laugh out and stood up.

“You deserve to be happy, Rae Jin.” He smiled and reached out his hand.

“Yeah right,” I murmured and rolled with eyes, taking his hand. “Just because you’re six years older than me, doesn’t mean you’re more vise.” I furrowed my brows and looked around.

“Let’s go back, day day.” He chuckled and started walking. Letting a sigh out, I started walking behind him, till we came back to our house where a white BMW X5 was parked on the driveway.

“They’re back…” I murmured and walked inside the house. “We’re home,” I called and stepped out of my All Star shoes.

“Welcome, sweetie,” mom appeared on the hallway, smiling and pulled me into tight hug.

“Gosh Tae, stop messing with mom’s feelings…” I hissed behind teeth and glared at him. Not a second passed, she pulled away and glared at Tae who smiled sweetly, saying: “Tae, we already talked about this.” in strict voice.

“Yes, eomma…” he smiled and passed us, going back into living room, where he decided to play with dad, but he didn’t give in.

“Dad and I went to see your school today and we got a notice that you’re starting tomorrow, not next week as it was planned.” She said.

“What!?” I squealed and suddenly heard one glass has shattered into pieces.

“Rae Jin, calm down…” she put hand on my shoulder. I bit my lower lip as I smiled apologetically. She let a sigh out and walked into kitchen. I quietly followed her and sat on the chair by table.

“What do you mean I’m starting school tomorrow?” I asked calmly.

“The principals of school were quite angry today, because some important word leaked out, which made all new students to come to school tomorrow at 9am.” She explained and threw away the broken glass.

“But I’m not ready…” I whined and slammed my head on the table.

“I know, dear. No one is ready yet, but this day would come sooner or later.” She said and caressed my head. “Though we thought we’ll have one week left to be together it seems we won’t.” she let a sigh out.

“What if that incident happens again?” This time I asked with quiet, broken voice.

“Rae Jin,” she called and cupped my face in her palms. I looked straight into her sky blue eyes that instantly calmed me down. “This school is protected from everything. Even hunters won’t be able to find it, it’s like Hogwarts.” She smiled and pulled away.

“But that means I have to go today, right?” I asked and looked through window.

“Yes,” mom nodded and walked to refrigerator where she opened and took strawberries out. I let a sigh out, but quickly a smile appeared on my lips as I saw strawberries right in front of me.

“I smell strawberries!” Tae suddenly yelled from living room.

“There are none!” I yelled back and quickly took them, running upstairs into my room.

“Ya, Rae Jin!” he yelled and banged on my doors, while I happily started eating them.

“Too late~” I sang and ate the second one.

“You’re going to be doomed for this, Kang Rae Jin!” he threatened and walked away angrily after kicking in the doors for last time. I chuckled and slowly ate the rest, while looking up into ceiling.

I guess it’s time… I thought and let a sigh out, sitting up after an hour of lying on the bed.

“Rae Jin,” dad’s voice came from the other side.

“It’s open.” I said and looked towards them as they opened, revealing a black haired man in his late 40’s. “Dad,” I smiled and stood up. “What are you doing here?” I asked and put my hands in my pockets.

“I came to talk with you.” He said and stepped inside, sitting on the bed. I nodded and sat next to him, looking at him.

“If you’re worried for tomorrow, don’t worry.” I smiled.

“It’s not that,” he let a heavy sigh out. “Though a part of it is true…” he added quietly.

“Then what’s wrong?” I asked worried.

“I want to say take care when you’ll be there.” He said and looked at me. His black eyes showed sadness and worry. “It’s very dangerous outside. Only use your powers when you’ll need them; otherwise study hard, okay?”

“Dad, everything will be fine.” I smiled and hugged him around neck. “Don’t worry; I can take care of myself.” I said and tightened the hug.

“If anything will happen, call right away, okay?” he whispered and hugged me tightly.

“I will,” I nodded and pulled away, kissing his cheek. He smiled nodding and looked around the room, till he saw luggage.

“Get ready. We’re leaving in two hours.” He said and stood up.

“Ne,” I nodded and stood up as well. He kissed my forehead and walked out of the room, while I walked towards my wardrobe and started packing.

***

“We’re here,” dad smiled and parked on the empty park place in front of big building. I looked out of the window and saw a huge residence right in front of my eyes.

“We’re in Namhansan…” I murmured and looked at mom who stepped out of the car. I followed her, until someone jumped right in front of me.

“Rae Jin!” mom screamed and tried to take my hand, but it was already too late. He grabbed my necklace that grandma gave me, and pulled it down. In a matter of second I was cornered with three tall figures. Out of shock I kneeled down and covered my head with hands, closing my eyes tightly.

“Rae Jin,” a minute has passed when I suddenly felt calmness going through my whole body. “Rae Jin,” It was mom’s voice. Slowly opening my eyes I looked up and saw mom kneeling in front of me, smiling.

“M-mom,” I stuttered and wrapped hands around her neck, hugging tightly.

“It’s okay,” she patted my back. “It’s over…” she added and pulled away from me. I looked around and saw that three figures that were covering me not too long ago, lying on the ground, while a guy that broke my necklace, was hiding behind a tree and peeking at me in complete shock.

“W-what happened?” I asked confused and afraid.

“Don’t get afraid, because you did out of instincts, okay?” she said and held me for shoulders. I gulped and nodded, glancing at dad and Tae who helped the men to stand up.

“When that boy,” mom started and pointed at the guy behind tree, “appeared right in front of you and broke your necklace. You were surprised by sudden appearance, which made your body reply with huge impact of your power.”

I quietly listened while glancing at the guy from time to time.

“Because of your massive power, principals wanted to store it away, but you were too afraid so you defended yourself, which caused a huge shock for them.” She explained and let a quiet sigh out.

“Well, miss Kang.” A black haired man smiled widely. I startled and hid behind mom like a little kid. “Welcome to Alice Academy.” He said and reached his hand out.

“W-what?” I was confused.

“This was a part of your test.” Dad explained and sighed face palming. “I knew it was a bad idea…” he added quietly.

“O-oh,” I murmured and stepped out, slowly reaching my hand out.

Just when I shook hands with the man, all of them, including the guy, stiffened and cornered me like some fragile girl.

“I see you have new student,” a male, husky voice came from in front. I shivered by his statement, but mom held my hand, calming me down.

“She’s cute,” he smirked. I couldn’t help but to look to see who it was. His eyes were glowing from redness, which made me quickly hide behind mom and dad. “And I bet if I take her, she won’t last a minute…” he added and stepped closer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hahah first chapter is out and it already .. *sighs*

I really apologize if this chapter was bored...I'll do my best on next ones. :)

...and you probably know who he is, right? .-.

Thank you for subscribing to this story.

and yes...here are pictures that I found on tumblr: A guide to K-pop

And I was laughing like crazy while reading this...part of it...is true..

Update: Wednesday, 3d April 2013