Chapter 10

Desire [HIATUS]

“Hey it is time for school,” spoke Leeteuk after they ate breakfast.

“Is it that much already?” asked Sandara and looked on the clock. “Damn…” she cursed and disappeared from the dining room. Soon, after Sandara disappeared, dining room became empty as Rae Jin was confusedly sitting on the chair, wondering what she should do.

“Come,” said Leeteuk and stood up.

“N-nae,” she stuttered nodding. She stood up and followed him, while Ryeowook, Eunhyuk, Hyoyeon and Yuri decided to clean the dishes.

Leeteuk and Rae Jin were quietly walking down the hallway, until they reached huge doors. Different voices were heard from the other side, which frightened Rae Jin. Leeteuk opened the doors and walked inside, Rae Jin quickly following him behind him.

“Seonsaeng-nim,” voices were heard from in front.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” smiled Leeteuk and waved shortly.

“What brings you in our class?” male voice asked surprised.

“You have a new classmate.” He answered and stepped aside, completely exposing Rae Jin. Her eyes widened as she met with the eyes of different people, who looked at her coldly.

“Rae Jin~” Yuri chirped and waved widely.

“Y-Yuri-ssi,” she smiled lightly and bowed.

“You will be sitting next to Yuri and Daesung… Where is Daesung?” called Leeteuk angrily.

“I haven’t seen him for a while already…” one murmured and sat on his seat.

“He ran out of the class as soon as he walked in…” spoke one girl and quietly added: “Maybe he was too scared of the new girl.” gaining laughter.

Rae Jin startled while someone suddenly rushed into the classroom, yelling: “I am here! I am still alive!” with his hands high in the air.

“Kang Dae Sun” Leeteuk coldly called him. Daesung startled and his eyes widened when he saw Leeteuk standing right in front of him, but a wide smile appeared on his lips when he spotted Rae Jin.

“Jinnie!” he called and ran to her, hugging tightly.

“Ya Daesung, she’s mine!” called Yuri from her seat. Daesung stuck his tongue out and covered Rae Jin from others’ eyes. He felt strange feeling and he protected her.

“Daesung get back on your seat.” Leeteuk said and glared at the younger.

“You won’t scare me, hyung.” he glared back and slowly walked to his seat, without moving his eyes from Leeteuk. “I am watching you,” he gestured with two fingers from his eyes to Leeteuk, repeating it few more times before he sat down on the chair.

Leeteuk ignored the look Daesung was giving him and continued with introductions. “As you heard from principals, a new student will be attending this class from now on.” He looked at Rae Jin and slowly nodded.

“H-hello,” She was stuttering. “M-my name K-Kang Rae Jin, I-I hope we can get a-along…” she bowed.

“I assume I won’t hear anything bad from other classes and teachers, will I?” he asked and glared at students.

“What are you taking us for, ahjusi?” A girl asked, gaining laughter. “She is special, so what? We are all special in this class.” She smiled. A small smile appeared on Rae Jin’s lips, but it faded away as soon as it came, when the girl added: “At least my family is still alive.”

“Kyuri” Leeteuk coldly called her, sending shivers down everyone’s spine.

“What did you say?” Rae Jin quietly spoke, never leaving her eyes. “My family is…dead?” she murmured.

“No they aren’t,” Yuri nervously smiled and stood up. “She is rude because her parents just got divorced.” She glared at Kyuri, who looked away.

“Let’s start with class…” murmured Leeteuk and looked at Rae Jin, narrowing his eyebrows. “Rae Jin…would you like to sit down?” he asked.

“Yeah…” she nodded and walked to her seat that was between Daesung and Yuri. She looked around the class before her eyes travelled to the window, remembering the time when she arrived at school.

Donghae She remembered seeing him hiding behind a tree while three principals were lying on the ground. Red eyes She remembered a person, a man, looking at her with red eyes and two gorgeous women beside him.

“Rae Jin?” Yuri’s voice woke her from her thoughts.

“Yes?” she smiled and looked at her.

“It is lunch time.” she smiled and stood up. “Want to go together?” she asked.

“I am not hungry,” she lied. “I will stay here.” She smiled and watched Yuri and Daesung leaving the classroom. Her smile disappeared the moment doors closed behind.

At least my family is still alive, Kept repeating in her head. She wanted to scream, but she knew if that happens, she will endanger everyone even herself.

Biting her lower lip, she quickly stood up and looked towards doors, seeing Kyuri. “Can I ask you something?” she asked.

“Who?” Kyuri asked. “Me?” she pointed at herself.

“Yes,” Rae Jin quietly nodded.

“What do you want?” she let a sigh out, knowing she can’t get away with it. “If it is about what I said earlier I was just joking. Your parents were talking with principals before they left.” She said and looked at Rae Jin. “Geez, you shouldn’t take a joke so seriously…” she added in murmur and sat back on her seat.

No Rae Jin shook with her head. I clearly remember those red eyes and three people that made principal frown. She narrowed her eyebrows and looked through window. “I need answers…” she murmured to herself and ran out of the class.

“Rae Jin,” Daesung and Yuri called after her when she passed by them.

“I will be back in few minutes.” She called, without looking back. She could still hear them calling her name, but she didn’t stop; instead she ran out of the school.

Where are you? She bit her lower lip and looked everywhere around. “I know you are here.” She said quietly, before she saw a dark alley.

Don’t go there, A female voice said in her head.

“I have to…” Rae Jin murmured to herself. “I have to find out…” she ran into alley. She knew she could find him if she just runs ahead, without turning back, and she was right.

It was a place no one has seen or visited except three people. There was a lake, just like behind Park’s dorm, with a small bridge over and few benches made of wood. There were also trees around the lake and a small swing that caught Rae Jin’s eye.

But she didn’t come here to adore the nature that was in front of her. She came here to find answers. She will ask questions if he lets her before he disappears into air like every time before.

“It is dangerous to be with me.” He spoke slowly, without looking away from the book he was reading.

Rae Jin didn’t mind. She was slowly walking towards him, until she was standing right beside him and sat down on the grass. She didn’t say anything and neither has he. Silence grew between them and it wasn’t an awkward silence; it was calm, like if her mother was standing beside her.

“What are you doing here?” He spoke, breaking the silence.

Rae Jin opened her eyes and looked at the lake, seeing a wall around them, so no one could disturb them. She quietly looked at him and realized he had red eyes, just like him. “I…” she murmured, but her voice was caught in . She couldn’t let a single sound out. Was it because his eyes were bloody red or because she didn’t find the right words to ask?

A smile appeared on his lips as his eyes turned back into brown colour while the wall disappeared. “I am sorry if I scared you.” he lowered his head.

“It is okay,” she spoke quietly, finally finding her voice.

“Only two people know about this place.” He continued, startling her. “One of them is me and the other one was a person that used to be on this school.”

“Does he have red eyes as you?” She asked and second later covered , cursing inside her head for asking this stupid question. “I am sorry, it is just I remember one, no, three people that had red eyes just like you.” she smiled and looked down at her hands.

“Why are you here, Rae Jin?” he asked and closed his book, putting it on the ground next to him. “Something must have happened in the school, right?” he murmured, making her bit her lower lip.

Letting a sigh out, she raised her head and looked straight into his eyes. “I remembered the day when I came,” she started, “and I know I startled you with my voice when you tore my necklace that grandmother gave me, which also caused principals to fall down, when they tried to seal some of my powers away, but my mother calmed me down.” she stopped and bit her lower lip, looking down.

“Go on…” he encouraged her with quiet voice.

“I don’t know why this memory is blurry, but I clearly remember his voice and my brother’s body lying on the ground when I turned around…” she raised her head. “What happened?” she asked.


Author's Note:

I am sorry I haven't updated in a while. The truth is I had no idea how to continue and the idea just came today, though I needed the whole day to write this chapter. I don't promise on updating every week or every month, but I do appreciate for reading this story.

Thank you for subscribing and reading.

Updated: April, Thursday, 3d 2014