Chapter 11

Desire [HIATUS]

“I don’t think it is the right for me to tell you anything instead of principal or people responsible for this.” Donghae smiled and looked in front at the lake.

“Please,” she begged, but seeing he wouldn’t tell her, Rae Jin narrowed her eyebrows, thinking of something.

I bet if I take her, she would last an hour. She recalled the man’s words, making her eyes wide. Furiously standing up, she gained Donghae’s reaction, and stepped at the edge, startling him.

“What are you doing?” He asked and stood up, looking her legs that were slowly taking steps back.

“If you don’t tell me the truth I will jump.” She was looking straight at him. “I know that man, whoever he is, wants me alive.”

Biting his lower lip, Donghae hesitated. “You know I can’t tell.” he said and looked into her eyes.

“Try,” she threatened and took a step back. “Tell me the truth, Donghae.” she desperately called and fell on her knees.

Donghae walked to her side and pulled her in a hug. Though he wanted to tell her the truth, he couldn’t. “I am sorry,” he said in a whisper and tightened the hug, letting Rae Jin know that the worst she imagined happened.

“No,” she shook with head as tears streamed down her cheeks. “No,” she murmured and shut her eyes as pictures of her family appeared in front of her. Knowing she will raise her voice as she will yell, Donghae shut his eyes tightly, getting ready, but that didn’t happen. All she did was let a human scream out, confusing him.

“Who messed my memories?” She cried in his embrace. “Who killed them? Who? Who decided to tell me a lie?” But knowing she won’t get any answer from Donghae, she decided to follow him when she will have a chance.

She stopped crying moment later, startling Donghae, and pulled away from him, wiping away her tears. Taking few deep breaths before she looked at Donghae with a smile, she stood up and looked at the lake. Donghae stood up as well and looked at the lake, wind passing by them.

“They are looking for you.” he said quietly.

“Let them,” she murmured. “They will find me sooner or later, but I prefer later than now.” she turned her head and saw the same man, she saw on the day she came, standing on the other side.

“Did you see him?” Donghae looked at Rae Jin as her eyes were wide open.

“Y-yes,” she nodded in answer and shivered from his stare.

“He won’t hurt you,” Donghae smiled and held her hand. “He is on the other side of the lake and only half of lake is protected by the school.” Rae Jin looked at him as he was now looking at the man.

“Hyung,” the man called. “You caught my prey.” He sounded proud. “Will you let me have her?” He reached his hand out.

Donghae narrowed his eyebrows and pulled Rae Jin behind him, holding her tightly. Knowing she is safe with him, she held onto his T-shirt and looked at the man that was standing on the other side, looking at Donghae in anger.

“Hand her over.” His voice was cold.

“No,” Donghae shook with head. “She is nice, forget her.” He said, begging with his eyes. “You still have his girlfriend, who he still loves.”

“He fell for the new girl.” The man hissed and looked at the side, two women appearing next to him together with a black haired man. “I want her. I don’t care in what state you bring her, I want her, even if she is barely breathing.” he said and disappeared.

“Oppa,” The first brunette smiled innocently as she stared at Donghae with bloody red eyes.

“On my mark run and don’t look back.” He said quietly.

“What about you?” Rae Jin looked at him worried. “I won’t leave you behind.” she said and held tighter on his T-shirt.

“You have to,” he looked into her eyes, his slowly turning red. “I am one of them and those three can cross the river. You have to run back to where you came. Find Leeteuk and stick to him. He is the only one they are most scared of.” he said and looked back in front when the three of them were already in the middle of the lake.

“But-” “Go,” Donghae raised his voice as he pushed her, wall appearing around the four of them, while Rae Jin was helplessly trying to break free to grab Donghae.

I will come back. I promise. She closed her eyes and turned around, running in the way she came from. She ran as fast as she could, until she saw Leeteuk’s back from afar, looking around with Heechul and few more people.

“J-Jung Soo!” she called, making the five people to turn around.

In a second they cornered her in worry as Yuri held her hand. “Are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?” she asked and checked her hands for any scratch.

“I am fine,” she breathed. “B-but Donghae isn’t…” she said and looked at Leeteuk. “He is in danger. He is fighting against three people I don’t know, but they all have bloody red eyes.” The moment they heard the colour of their eyes, they frowned and looked at Leeteuk, waiting what will they do.

“Leeteuk,” Heechul called the older.

Leeteuk remained silent as he watched Rae Jin, before he looked behind her, frowning. “What are you doing here?” he asked in a cold tone. Everyone turned their heads and looked at the brown haired man standing in front of them.

“I am on a mission,” he smiled in answer. “How are you hyung?” he asked and tilted head to the side, making Heechul groan in irritation. “You didn’t change at all, Heechul hyung.” He looked at the latter who created a fire in his hand.

“Heechul,” Leeteuk called and raised a hand, stopping from making a move. Heechul looked at Leeteuk in confusion before he backed away, holding Rae Jin’s hand. “Take her away,” he said and stepped forward.

“No,” Rae Jin hesitated. “D-Donghae is fighting on his own by the lake.” She looked at Yuri, Taemin and Hyoyeon that were beside.

“Take her away,” Leeteuk repeated angrily and glanced at the three before he looked back in front. “Who let you in?” he asked in cold tone that sent shivers down everyone’s spine.

“We can come in any time we want to.” He answered and looked at Rae Jin. “You should listen to her. Hyung is really fighting against three people.” he said and looked back at Leeteuk, who narrowed his eyebrows.

“Rae Jin let’s go…” Taemin said quietly and tried to pull her behind them, but everything was in vain.

Being too late to use force, Rae Jin took the opportunity and let a scream out, making everyone shout their ears as she ran away from them in the way that was leading to the lake.

“Someone go after her.” She heard Leeteuk from behind and soon after footsteps of four people. Ignoring their calls she kept running, until she reached the lake, but there was no one anymore, only devastated lake and broken bench with wet book on the ground.

“No…” Rae Jin shook with her head and fell on her knees, looking in front. “No,” she murmured.

“Rae Jin,” she heard Yuri behind.

“We were too late…” she whispered. “He is…gone…”

“Let’s go back.” Taemin helped Rae Jin to stand up.

“Are you crazy?” Heechul barked at her. “Donghae is a hunter. A killer that is going to kill you if keep staying by his side.” He yelled in anger. “Do you want to die that badly?”

“Then why did you lie to me about my family?” she yelled back. Knowing she used higher voice, she didn’t mind if the four of them were suffering because of it. She was too angry for them to hide the truth from her when she thought she made friends.

“It was to protect you.” spoke Hyoyeon.

“Protect me my .” Rae Jin looked at her. “If you wanted to protect me, you would tell me the truth when I woke up instead of messing with my memories. And now Donghae is gone.” She pointed at the lake. “He is gone because of me. He is gone because he protected me.”

“Donghae would never protect a monster.” Heechul glared at Rae Jin.

“Heechul” Yuri, Hyoyeon and Taemin looked at him horrified as Rae Jin coldly looked at him.

“I thought we were friends, but I guess I was wrong.” She said quietly. “And if you think I am a monster, then maybe I should leave this school and let the hunters catch and kill me.” she scoffed. “At least I am the last one of my kind, aren’t I?”


Update: April, Sunday, 27th 2014