Chapter 12

Desire [HIATUS]

Rae Jin angrily turned away and disappeared in the way they came from. Hyoyeon, Yuri and Taemin glared at Heechul, who kicked the book before he picked it from the ground, narrowing his eyebrows.

“This is…” he murmured and opened the book, widening his eyes second later. “Why am I such an idiot?” he cursed at himself and closed the book, turned around and ran after Rae Jin. “I should have known better…”

Rae Jin was running in the way where Leeteuk was still fighting with a hunter. Feeling her presence the hunter turned around, ignoring Leeteuk, and charged towards Rae Jin. Leeteuk, knowing of his intentions, appeared right in front of him in an instant when he tried to take her.

“You are quick, hyung.” He smiled.

“Kibum, stop this nonsense…” Leeteuk said and glanced at Rae Jin, who stopped beside him. “What are you doing here?” he hissed.

“Where is Donghae?” Rae Jin ignored Leeteuk and looked straight at Kibum.

“Hyung?” Kibum looked at the younger. “Why should I tell you?” he asked and tilted head to the side.

“I want to know.” She hissed and stepped closer. “Everyone knows your leader wants me dead and I am giving you an option.” She said, making Leeteuk to narrow his eyebrows as he stared at her.

“An option?” Kibum raised an eyebrow and glanced at Leeteuk. “Please,” he gestured with hands to keep talking.

“Lead me to where Donghae is.” she calmly said.

“Rae Jin,” Leeteuk called coldly and held her hand, but she shook it off.

“You all think I am a monster, so why should I stay here?” she looked at him with determination in her eyes, which he could see. “On top of that…why did you of all people lie to me that my family is still alive?”

“I am impressed,” Kibum clapped with hands. “You lied, hyung… That is something you don’t hear or see every day.” He said and looked at Rae Jin. “I will lead you to Donghae, but,” he stopped and stepped closer. “Are you ready to risk your life for someone who tried to kill you?” he asked and disappeared into fire.

“Where did that bastard disappear to?” Heechul appeared next to Leeteuk and looked around before he saw Rae Jin standing in anger. “Rae Jin,” he called her name quietly, but she disappeared, before anyone could say anything, without a word.

“What is this?” Leeteuk looked at the book that Heechul brought with him. Yuri, Hyoyeon and Taemin stepped beside and widened their eyes, seeing the title.

“This is the book I found by the lake.” Heechul answered and looked at the older. “He was trying to…” his voice cracked. “…change…”

How to prevent yourself of being under control

“Rae Jin~” Daesung smiled widely and reached his hands out, but she quietly passed by him, continuing her way towards her room.

Daesung narrowed his eyebrows and looked at Seunghyun, who shrugged, not knowing the reason. Letting a sigh out, Daesung knew. He knew the reason she was acting like that and he didn’t like it one bit.

Sitting on her bed, Rae Jin kept staring in front of herself, into space, thinking of her time with her family. Her eyes were teary, but she didn’t give in. She wiped away the tears before they could stream down.

Her family is gone because of her. Donghae, who protected her though he could kill her any time, is gone because of her. He could have kidnapped her, took her whenever he wanted to and gave her to hunters, but he didn’t. He protected her as she ran away.

She wanted to scream, but she knew if she does, everyone will oppose of her being in school. She is a threat to everyone, even to herself; she knew that better than anyone else.

A quiet knock was heard on the doors that gained Rae Jin’s attention. She raised her head and slowly stood up, walking towards doors. She held for the hook, but didn’t open the doors. She was shivering from holding inside so many emotions.

“I know a place…” A quiet voice of Jiyong was heard from the other side. “If you want to come, come to entrance in a minute. I will wait.” Was everything he said before a silence filled Rae Jin’s room once again.

Biting her lower lip, Rae Jin closed her eyes and opened the doors, going to a place Jiyong told her to go. He was waiting for her in front of gates and the moment he heard her footsteps, he raised his head and smiled a little.

“Let’s go,” he said and held her hand, startling her.

She didn’t ask any questions. She was quiet the whole way, while being led by Jiyong, who was walking in front of her. Though they both knew they were followed, they didn’t stop.

Once they reached destination, a small house, Jiyong stopped and fully looked at Rae Jin. She raised her head and looked into his eyes. Jiyong quietly looked around before he opened the doors, leading her inside.

“Whatever happens inside, stays inside.” He said knowing Rae Jin was bothered by this question.

Letting a quiet sigh of relief out, she nodded and looked around. “Uhm…” She murmured, but stopped midway realizing. All the anger she was feeling was gone. All the sadness she felt was also gone.

The moment she heard Jiyong’s voice from in front of her room, the anger, sadness and disappointment disappeared from her mind and thoughts. Looking at him, Rae Jin found herself being close to him.

“Rae Jin…” Jiyong whispered her name and raised his hand, slowly caressing her cheek. Rae Jin closed her eyes, feeling the gentle touch before he moved away with a frown. “I am sorry…” he lowered his head and turned around, afraid of facing her.

Rae Jin quietly observed him as she stepped closer and held his hand, startling him. Jiyong looked at her, sadness seen in his eyes. She quietly raised her hand and traced down his cheek with an index until she stopped at his lips.

“You have suffered enough…” She said quietly with a warm smile, making Jiyong’s heart to break in pieces as tear streamed down his cheek. Rae Jin wrapped arms around Jiyong as he quietly broke down in her embrace.

She was hugging him for a while, until he pulled away. “And you saw me crying.” He joked, making Rae Jin chuckle. “I am sorry you had to see this side of me.” he said quietly.

“What are you saying?” she murmured and wiped away the tears on his cheeks. “If you need a shoulder to cry on or ear to listen, I am here.” She smiled and stepped back a little. “Indeed I am different than you, but I can listen.” She added quietly.

“Before,” Jiyong started, “when we were all still happy and when the head hunter was still attending this school, I met a woman.” Rae Jin quietly started listening. “She wasn’t one of us, in fact she was human. She knew that I am different, since we were growing up in the same neighbourhood.” He laughed, recalling the memories.

“But once she came to this school, everything changed.” His smiled disappeared from his lips as he made a fist. “No one was against her staying here, but the opposite. Everyone was looking after her like she was a queen and hunter wasn’t exception. He…fell for her…” he gritted the last three words.

Rae Jin unconsciously held his hands.

“At that time he was still normal, just like we were. But that love blinded him and also her.” Jiyong continued. “One day he attacked me and his friends. No one knew what has gotten into him, not even principals, but I knew. His eyes were dark red, like blood, and thought everyone thought he started wearing contacts I knew he was becoming one of them.”

Jiyong turned around, away from Rae Jin as she quietly stood there.

“My sister was also one of hunters,” Rae Jin’s eyes widened, “but she was killed by his hands because she suggested for hunters and us to live together. He didn’t agree so he killed her in front of my eyes.”

Rae Jin could feel her breathing was becoming quicker as she started searching for air. She was suffocating.

“He killed my sister and took the one I loved with him along with my friend. I will make him pay for that even if it costs my life.” He turned around and saw Rae Jin struggling for air, making his eyes wide. “A-are you okay?” he panicked once she fell on her knees coughing and breathing deeply.

Rae Jin quietly nodded and smiled. “I…am fine…” she managed to say before she calmed down.

“I am so sorry,” Jiyong apologized. “I had no idea I was using power.” He was feeling guilty, she could see.

“It is okay, Jiyong,” she smiled. “Are you feeling okay as well?” she asked.

“Yes…” he nodded and helped her to stand up.

“Well, well…” A female voice spoke once they walked out. “What do we have here?” she murmured, gaining the two’s attention. They raised their heads and saw five women standing in front of them with smirks on their faces.


Note:
Sorry for not being able to update in this time. I still have few exams this week left before I end high school.

Hope you like the updates ^^

Update: June, Friday, 13th 2014