ღ 14 ღ

A Ray of Hope

Brian Joo ft. Tiger JK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2nE3OXru3w


“Are my ears lying to me?” Suzy cupped her hands over her ears.

 

Tears of joy welled up in her eyes, it has always been her dream to see the wonders of the world again. Her mom went up to her and kneeled down to hug her. Suzy instinctively hugged her dear mom back as tight as she could. She was overwhelmed with joy that for a second she forgot that she was sulking yesterday due to the loss of a good friend.

 

After the meal, Suzy skipped happily to her room. She started twirling, oblivious to the things that she might hit using her long and slender arms. Her good mood was prevailing. The wind blew and it ran through each fibre of her hair. She spread her arms like a bird and faced the window to enjoy the cool and gentle breeze.

 

“Looks like someone’s excited.” Daehyun’s voice pulled Suzy from her stupor.

 

She turned around and ludicrously scuttled towards Daehyun, welcoming him with a big and warm hug. She nodded in response and pulled away from the hug afterwards. Daehyun was surprised, the upset Suzy was gone and was replaced by an ecstatic one. He placed his warm and welcoming hands on her waist and then he hauled Suzy up in the air, he gritted his teeth in order not to show his weak side to Suzy. She then giggled in return. Daehyun did not want to ruin Suzy’s mood so he did not mention Myungsoo anymore.

 

Suzy took his hand and guided him to her bed. They both sat on the edge, waiting for someone to speak up or start a random topic. Suzy shuffled her legs and scuffed her bedroom slippers against the floor. Whereas, Daehyun was watching her with very intrigued eyes. He tapped his fingers against her bed cover before snaking his forefinger to her right cheek. He poked it lightly before letting slip a chortle.

 

“I’m happy whenever you’re happy.” He stretched out his arm and lightly tousled Suzy’s hair before poking her cheek again.

 

Suzy pouted upon receiving a good-natured chaff from Daehyun. It has been a while since they shared a friendly conversation.

 

“When will you have your surgery?” Daehyun took this opportune moment to scoot closer to Suzy.

 

“My mom said next month or as soon as possible. She’s just as excited as I am.” She beamed.

 

“I’m really happy for you.”



“I’m happier--”

 

 

Before Suzy could even finish her sentence, Daehyun cut her off with a peck on the lips. He lost self-control and he leaned closer to kiss her without hesitation, without even thinking of the consequence. The fact that he might lose Suzy because he crossed the friendship border.