ღ 20 ღ

A Ray of Hope

Mblaq - Prayer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ogRlB5BRDY


Suzy was immediately rushed to the hospital. Daehyun interlocked his fingers with Suzy's as he ran with the other nurses when they were pushing her into the emergency room.


"Please don't leave me." He pleaded.


Before Suzy had gotten the surgery, her family was alerted that she had a tumor in her brain and that she only had a few years left to live. She was fortunate enough to have lasted this long, you can call it a fortunate of serendipity. Tears blurred Daehyun's vision and he was too panicky to even form Suzy's image in his head.


"Sorry sir but you're not allowed to enter." A male surgeon held his arm out to form a barricade so that Daehyun would not rush into the emergency room.
He leaned against the wall and slid down to his knees. His body heaved with him as he sobbed quietly. He hoped that Suzy will not be taken away from him.


"Suzy..." He said in between his sobs.


<>


A loud siren resonated in the town square, an ambulance zoomed past Myungsoo. He stared at it in wonder as he trailed its track from where it came from. It definitely came from where he last left Suzy but he shrugged the thought away.


"What if something happened to her?" He muttered to himself.


He was in a state of disarray, he wondered if he should follow his instincts and rush to the hospital.


<>


Suzy was sent to the ward she was assigned to and Daehyun hopelessly paid her a visit even though she still would not be able to respond to anything, he wanted to keep her company at least. He could not pluck up the courage to inform her parents nor inform his own about his fiancee's condition.
He sat behind her headboard and cupped his hands over his face. He weeped again for the nth time that day and did not dare look up. His phone rang several times but he could not hear it due to his loud squawking.


Suzy lay pale and cold beside him, almost ready to bid farewell. Daehyun languidly reached out for her hand and he nestled it in between his. He rubbed it gently to warm her up a little.


"Please Suzy, you can get through this. I know you can." He heaved a long quivering sigh.


After much thought, he whipped up his phone in his trembling hands and dialled Suzy's house number. A tranquil voice answered, it was her dear mother. Daehyun contemplated again upon hearing her voice, he did not want to ruin the jovial lady's mood and turn it into a blizzard. Sadness piled up by itself like a snow in a blizzard.


"Mrs. Bae, I have something to tell you. Please don't be shocked." Daehyun swallowed the lump stuck in his throat before enlightening her about what had happened earlier.


A loud thud could be heard from the other line, followed by orchestra of the default phone line melody. Daehyun's lower lip quivered before he could utter another word.


"Mrs. Bae?!" He bolted up from his seat while calling out to the other line.


It seemed that Mrs. Bae was too shocked to hear the news that she had dropped the telephone while digesting what happened to her daughter.


"Oh Suzy, please wake up." Daehyun dabbed at her cheeks and gave it a gentle peck.


<>

Meanwhile, Myungsoo was bumbling towards the hospital entrance. He did not know why his feet led him there but he tagged along. He saw someone with a familiar gait and he had to rack his brain just to find the answer.


"Daehyun!" He called out his name.


Daehyun stopped dead in his tracks when he heard Myungsoo's voice echoing in the aisle. He tipped his head up, pressed his lips together and blinked rapidly several times. Though he harbored resentment against Myungsoo, he knew that he was the one Suzy truly like. He thought that he has the rights to know about her condition however he doesn't know how to break it to him.


Myungsoo slowly approached him before gawking at him. Daehyun avoided his eye contact and cleared his throat to convey that he was feeling uncomfortable with someone leering at him.


"What brings you here?" Myungsoo questioned.


"Look, I don't have much time to explain but I need you to do me a favor." The fire in Daehyun's eyes were gone and soft affection replaced them.