ღ 10 ღ

A Ray of Hope

Davichi - To Angel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iatmYud58Bk


"Hey, you seem to be deep in thought." Daehyun cautiously poked Suzy's right cheek.

 

Upon receiving the physical contact from Daehyun, she swiftly brushed her arms against her cheek to shoo Daehyun's forefinger away. She wasn't amused.

 

"I'm sorry but could you please excuse me." Suzy dragged her rickety body out of Daehyun's sight. 

 

She was hobbling as if she fell off a bicycle and scraped her knee. He knew that something was bothering her, though he cannot fathom what and why. 

 

He watched her with fretful eyes, her figure disappearing into the green grass and the dandelions drifting lazily in the air. He cocked his head to the side and wondered why she was on edge. Suzy was not the only one who was feeling a vilest pain in the chest, Daehyun was undergoing it too.

 

Daehyun knew that he should not just stand there like a scum and let Suzy suffer alone. He chased after her and reluctantly held her shoulder. It happened in a span of a few seconds and Suzy did not even have the time to duck it. Daehyun did not know what to say so he wrapped his arms around her petite body. Suzy struggled underneath his grip but he refused to let go.

 

"Tell me, tell me what's bothering you." Daehyun rested his chin on top of her head and spoke through gritted teeth.

 

Suzy who refused to spill the beans just knocked her fist against Daehyun's chest. No matter how hard she tried, Daehyun refused to let her slink through the tight embrace. 

 

"Can't you just leave me alone?!" Suzy finally choked out.

 

"What did you say?" Daehyun's eyes widened, he was taken aback.

 

"Leave me alone." Suzy repeated apathetically. 

 

He released Suzy from the hug and took a step back. He staggered backwards and watched Suzy's detailed movements.

 

Without hesitation, he cupped Suzy's face and made her face him. That decision involved lots of courage and hindsight. He knew that she was sulking because of a guy.

 

"Is it because of that boy whom you met up with the other day? Are you mad at me because I ruined your plans?" Though Suzy could not see his glistening eyes, she knew that he was struggling to hold back his tears. 

 

"They say your pupils dilate when you see someone you love. I want to be able to see once, to see whom I really like." Suzy faltered.

 

"What do you mean?" Daehyun pinned his eyebrows together.

 

"I've been telling myself that I like you, but I don't think it's genuine. It's not real enough. It feels like I've been drugged and cajoled into liking you just because you're nice to me. That's not what you call true love! It's sympathy!"