ღ 19 ღ

A Ray of Hope

Lee Jangwoo - Saying I Love You

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLoAWsIH5Io


Suzy trudged towards the lonely Myungsoo. His head was hung low as his body heaved due to much sadness. He picked up his gaze when he sensed a shadow cast above him. It was Suzy and she returned, looking and feeling a bit better.


"Myungsoo, it was surely nice to meet you again." She held out her hand for a handshake but Myungsoo did not reciprocate.


He stood rooted to the ground while staring at her blankly. He wondered if he still has feelings for her, he hoped that she could hear his pounding heart. He diverted his attention to her hand but did nothing at all.


"I wish we could be friends just like what we used to be." She added and wafted her hand in front of his face to break into his train of thought.


His teeth were clenched and his jaw was strained. Even though years had passed, it still hurt that she only sees him as a friend. After realizing that he was love lorn on the inside, she let her hands slip to her side again. Her gaze softened with sadness and her eyes conveyed how apologetic she felt towards Myungsoo.


"I was wondering if you'd like to come to our wedding, I'm formally inviting you." She smiled blithely, stashing away the tears behind her eyes.


Myungsoo's head jolted upwards and he looked at her in utter horror. His ears may be lying to him, he chanted in his head but what she said kept replaying in his head like a broken record.


"A wedding." He mouthed, half to himself.


"Yes, Daehyun and I are getting married soon." Suzy's voice faltered at the end, she was struggling to hold back her tears.


"Of course, I should come." Myungsoo finally replied.


She blinked in bafflement, she could not believe her ears. She could not believe that Myungsoo would give up on her just like that. Her heart spoke that she longs for Myungsoo even more now but she could not pluck up the courage to tell Daehyun herself.


"See you in two weeks I suppose." She sniffed before pasting a smile on her face.


"See you." Myungsoo held up his hand and waved at her wistfully.


He rotated his heels slowly and dragged his heavy feet towards the opposite road. Suzy watched him vanish into the smoke emitted by the vehicles. She tried to reach for him but all she felt was the wavering heat mirage.


After watching Myungsoo and Suzy from afar, Daehyun finally came out of the building and ambled towards Suzy to comfort her. Her shoulders drooped due to remorse and disappointment.


"Do you like him that much?" He placed his forefinger under her chin and coaxed her head up.


She shook her head apathetically, it was obvious that she was lying. He sighed wistfully and threw his arms around her. He locked her in his embrace and pleaded.


"Please don't leave me, you're all I have." He whispered to her, begging.


She nodded in response as she wrapped her arms around him.


"You know I'll do anything just to make you happy." He added while hugging her even tighter. "Even if it means I have to give you up."

Before Daehyun could even complete his sentence, Suzy's frail body shook violently and Daehyun missed his timing. She fell onto the ground with a loud thud, it was so loud that it resonated even inside the building. The children all sprinted out of the classroom just to be greeted by an unconscious Ms. Bae.