ღ 5 ღ

A Ray of Hope

Secret - Only U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLXRSsawsG4

 


 

"My parents won't allow me to go outside alone." Suzy fiddled with her fingers. 

 

She ambled towards her bed and dived onto it, pushing her hair back. She felt helpless and anxious since he didn't want Sun to find out the she was visually impaired. He didn't want him to avoid her and lose her one and only friend. All she could do was let out a sigh.

 

That night, she went to sleep extra early so that she can sneak out of her house while her parents are still asleep. She woke up at dawn and she used her sense of touch to try and look for a decent dress to wear. Once she was finished getting ready, she wore her flats and tiptoed towards the door. The door creaked open but it was not loud enough to wake her parents from their deep slumber. Suzy counted the baby steps that she took.

 

She was unsure of where the coffee shop was. Somehow, she regretted saying something so foolish. She stretched out her arms and tried to figure out where she was stranded. Since she wasn't familiar with the pavement, she accidentally twisted her ankle and lost her balance. Before her face could even come in contact with the ground, someone has already caught her.

 

"Are you okay?" the same familiar voice pulled Suzy from reverie.

 

"I-I'm okay..."

 

"Could it be him?" she parroted in her head. 

 

"I-I need help." she stammered. "I'm looking for a guy you see..."

 

"Who is it?" the guy helped her regain her balance and stand on her feet again.

 

"I don't know his real name but we're supposed to meet up in the cafe nearby. Perhaps you can guide me there."

 

"Wait... Moon?" reality dawned upon him.

 

"Sun." Suzy forced herself to smile.

 

She felt useless and embarrassed. She didn't want him to see her in a helpless state.

 

"Y-You're blind?" he stuttered and he scanned her from head to toe.

 

"I-I am." Suzy bit her lower lip.

 

"Why didn't you tell me? It's dangerous to lurk outside alone." he pinned his eyebrows together and shook his head in disapproval.

 

"You were my only friend." Suzy debated.

 

"But still." he pushed. "Let's bring you back home."

 

"Wait!" Suzy tried to escape from his grip. "Tell me your name first."

 

"Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo. Now let's bring you back home." he said in a rush.

 

Suzy let out a suppressed smile and nodded. Myungsoo placed his arms around her and directed her to a chair.

 

"Let's check if you got any wounds from your fall." he stooped down and checked on her knee.

 

It was slightly bruised but not to the extent that it was very noticeable.

 

"Does it hurt?" he looked up.

 

"No."

 

"Shall we go?" he stood up and straightened his shirt.

 

"Neh..."

 

Myungsoo cautiously took her hand and gave it a light squeeze to make her feel rest assured. It was clammy and he knew that she was frightened. Seeing her in a vulnerable state made him want to protect her from danger. Suzy shook it off. She didn't want him to show sympathy towards her.

 

"For someone so susceptible you're quite feisty." he remarked with a chuckle.

 

Suzy flared her nostrils and let out a wistful sigh.

 

Myungsoo threw her over to his shoulder and held her tightly. This earned him a smack from Suzy.

 

"Yah! Put me down!" she yelped.

 

"I don't want you to fall and bruise your knee again." he said in a coarse voice.

 

Daehyun was watching them from afar concurrently. Since he was unaware about Myungsoo's relationship with Suzy, he bolted towards him and gave Myungsoo a punch on the face. Daehyun swiftly caught Suzy in his arms and checked if she attained any injuries.

 

"What's going on?" she stared out into space with a frantic expression on her face.

 

"ert!" Daehyun shouted at Myungsoo, accusing him of something he would never do.

 

"She's my friend." Myungsoo pushed.

 

"I've never seen you in her house before. Leave her alone!" Daehyun's voice thundered.

 

"Stop!" Suzy screamed upon hearing the commotion the two were making.