ღ 6 ღ

A Ray of Hope

 

Infinite - As good as it gets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4z7wn89hjk

 


Daehyun immediately froze upon hearing Suzy's shriek. He stopped on his track and rotated his heel to face her. He stooped down to carry Suzy in his arms.

 

"Let's go." he said in between his gritted teeth with his side profile facing Myungsoo. 

 

"Wait, I still want to talk to Myungsoo." Suzy struggled to escape from Daehyun's grasp but it was to no avail. He was way too strong for her.

 

"Let me go!" she emitted a squeal of distress. 

 

 

"Let the girl go." Myungsoo's hands turned into tight balls of fists.

 

"You don't even know her. What if you do something heinous to her?!" Daehyun snapped.

 

"I won't do that." Myungsoo shot back.

 

"Stop fighting!" Suzy flailed her arms in desperation. "I'll go home."

 

"But Suzy." Myungsoo replied, exasperated.

 

"I'll go home, I don't want my parents to be worried." Suzy motioned for Daehyun to let her stand on her own two feet.

 

Afterwards, she straightened the plaids on her clothing and staggered towards the traffic light. The two men watched her gait and how she was struggling to find her way back home. Daehyun wanted to accompany her but Suzy had a bitter expression on her face. He wanted her to cool down.

 

"This is all your fault." Daehyun murmured in his head. 

 

"Are you just going to let her wobble and eventually fall flat on her face just like that?" Myungsoo pointed an accusing finger at Daehyun. "Help her."

 

Daehyun's eyes flickered to Myungsoo unwillingly then to Suzy's vulnerable state. Daehyun let out a long and dragged sigh before turning his heel towards Suzy's direction. He heed Myungsoo's regard. 

 

"Suzy! Wait up!" Daehyun sprinted towards her.

<.>

 

"Why did you do that?! Do you know the dangers of meeting up with a stranger?!" Suzy was receiving a dressing down from her mother. 

 

"I'm sorry." she hung her head low while she quietly sobbed. 

 

"It wasn't her fault." Daehyun tried to defend her but it was to no avail.

 

"Thank you for bringing her back to us safely." Mrs. Bae gave Daehyun a light pat on the shoulder. 

 

Suzy smiled bitterly. She hated the fact that her mother was too fond of Daehyun. Sometimes she felt neglected because her own mother seemed to adore Daehyun more than her own daughter. Daehyun and Mrs. Bae seemed to conspire with an agreement they were discussing in the living room. Even though Suzy was just a few metres away, she still couldn't make out on what they were talking about. She tried to eavesdrop but it failed.

 

In the end, Suzy went into her room to get some catnap. When Suzy was about to close her eyes to drift into neverland, she heard the same familiar voice calling out her alias. 

 

"Moon? Are you there?" Myungsoo susurrated.

 

"Myungsoo?" Suzy said in a high pitched tone. 

 

She was happy that at least someone would keep her company since she was feeling down. Her heart flutters every time she hears Myungsoo's voice. 

 

"How are you feeling? I heard your mom's thunderous voice." Myungsoo leaned against his headboard while writing a poem. 

 

"It's nothing. I'll get used to it, eventually." Suzy sighed.

 

She walked towards the wall that was barricading her from Myungsoo. She sat down on the floor with her head leaning against the wall. She closed her eyes and listened to her rhythmic exhales. 

 

"Are you sleeping?" Myungsoo seemed to hear her loud breathing.

 

"I'm not."

 

"I'll sing a song for you then." he suggested.

 

Suzy's lips tingled upwards and soon she was smiling uncontrollably to herself. Myungsoo's voice seemed to touch her heart and made her feel tingles. She swayed her head from side to side gently. Soon, she was already lulled to sleep. 

 

"Are you still there?" Myungsoo heard Suzy's loud snore. 

 

He chuckled while writing the last stanza of his poem. "Sweet dreams, Suzy."