ღ 21 ღ

A Ray of Hope

Moon Myung Jin - Crying Again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp1k_A3T3Pk


"No. Answer my question first. What are you doing here? And what happened to Suzy?" Myungsoo pinned his eyebrows together while clenching his fist, resisting to grab Daehyun's collar.


"Look, I don't have much time, her days are numbered!" Daehyun yelled at him, his nostrils fuming out fire.


The furnace in Myungsoo's face slowly disappeared and got replaced by an ice berg instead. His curled up fingers drooped from their position and his jaw fell. He shook his head vigorously and blinked rapidly.


"W-What did you say?" Stammered the anxious Myungsoo.


"She's ill, she's down with a case of tumor." Daehyun looked down at his feet before sighing heavily.


Myungsoo tried to find his voice but was only able to emit a soft whimper. Tears welled up in his eyes and it leaked out like a broken faucet. He tried to shrug away the thought of losing Suzy but it couldn't be helped.


"How many days does she have left?" Myungsoo picked up his gaze and faced Daehyu with a smug expression.


"A week or less, according to the doctor."

<>


"Where am I?" Suzy bolted up from her position and tried to reach out for something to hold.


"Suzy? You're finally awake!" Daehyun woke up from the noise Suzy was making.


He instantaneously got up from his seat and rushed to Suzy's side. She looked frightened and vulnerable. Her arms were stretched out to their fullest potential and her hands were clamped around Daehyun's face. She tried to figure out were his features were located.


After realizing that she couldn't get her sense of sight to work, she shrieked the loudest she had ever done in her entire life and broke out in tears.


"I'm blind again!" She clasped her hands around her ears and kicked in all directions.


She fiddled miserably with her hair but could not get to calm herself down. She was panting heavily, trying to digest what was happening to her.


"I don't want to die yet Daehyun." She sobbed out her despair and remorse to him.


"I know." Daehyun kneeled in front of her and wrapped his arms around her to make her feel more safe and secure.


Her blubbing found no end. Daehyun's heart broke while watching the tears flow out of Suzy's face. She was in an immense pain and he felt horrible as he was not of any help at all.


"I'm so sorry this had to happen to you." He embraced her tighter and gently placed her head against his chest.


Suzy rolled her hands into a ball of fist and used it to pound Daehyun's chest. Daehyun stayed immobile and weeped cautiously, he used all of his moral courage not to let Suzy know that he was hurting too.


The doctors barged into the ward after hearing Suzy bawling her eyes out. They apathetically separated Suzy from Daehyun. Daehyun used his strength to get back to Suzy but he was held back by a few lusty male nurses. Suzy who knew nothing about what was going on in her surrounding, zoned out into space.


She turned her neck from left to right vigorously and tried to mutter Daehyun's name. However, the doctors injected her before she could even choke out his name.


Suzy was put to sleep by force.

<>


Suzy let out a groan before languidly sitting up.


"My head hurts." She whined while resting her head on the back of her hand.


"Don't worry, it might disappear after you've eaten your lunch."


"M-Myungsoo?" A light bulb lit up on the top of her head as she immediately recognized Myungsoo's modulated voice.


"Yes it's me." Myungsoo replied in a sardonic tone.


A chortle slipped out of Suzy's mouth and a wavering sense of relief engulfed Myungsoo. His lips were pressed against each other since he was trying to suppress his sob.


A tear slipped out of Suzy's eyes and her lips started to quiver. A stiffled sob leaked out of as she tried to locate Myungsoo's warm hand. He directed his hand towards hers and gave it a light squeeze. Suzy reciprocated by sandwiching his hand in between hers.


"I don't want to die yet, Myungsoo. I don't want to hurt Daehyun, our wedding is just two weeks away." Suzy weeped again.


"When everything is about to turn into rubble, a glimmer of hope will still be present to keep us going." Myungsoo stared into her eyes, though she could not decipher how Myungsoo looked like when he said it, she could feel his sincerity.


"You're definitely my ray of hope Myungsoo." Her eyes along with the rest of her body, smiled.