ღ 15 ღ

A Ray of Hope

Lyn - Say

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8viYz-Yxq8A

 


5 years later…

 

Myungsoo was aimlessly playing the chords by heart and the melody resonated in his living room. He was staring out into space as it was his day off and he had nothing particular in mind. With a sardonic flick of his eyebrow, he thought of what he should do that day.

 

His gaze darted towards the window. He looked out of it and into the sheeting rain. The weather didn’t help at all, instead it made him feel down. After a few minutes, he languidly stood up and placed his guitar aside. He reached out for his coat that was hanging behind his door as he twisted the doorknob. He stretched out his arm to deduce how drench he would get later on. Running under the rain is always the answer to stress relief.

 

With a smile slipping into his face, he spread out his arms and ran out to the opposite pavement. Fortunately, there were no vehicles passing by so he had the entire street to himself. It was isolated as the residents wanted to stay indoors in this rainy season. Since he didn’t want to take the risk of slipping into a coma again, he strutted off to the busy area.

 

There were a lot of honkings and quite a hubbub of laughter and shouting. There was a sale ongoing on his right, a traffic jam on his left and an exodus of children crowding outside a glass door. Curiousity got the better of him, he let his feet lead his way to the group of children. They were very well behaved as they waited for something to happen, something that may take hours. He stooped down and observed the children’s faces, they were filled with much enthusiasm and excitement. They didn’t even pay attention to him, they treated him like a thin air. Afterwards, he tipped his head up and looked at the poster pasted on the glass door. He figured that they were waiting for their piano teacher to arrive right after reading the big fonts.

 

A silhouette of a tall and slender lady formed on the inner surface of the tinted glass door. The children made a beeline outside the door and they jumped up and down to welcome her. Myungsoo waited outside with them as well. The lady finally revealed herself after unlocking the door, she sweeped the door open and welcomed them with open arms. She kneeled down so that she was on the same eye level as the kids. Myungsoo blinked in bafflement upon seeing her. He rubbed his delicate eyes several times before picking up his gaze again.

 

He stared straight into her eyes and he suddenly felt his bones turning spongy. His forefinger cautiously crawled its way up until it was directly across her face.

 

“S-Suzy?” He said in a wavering voice.

 

She picked up her head after hearing his stammering voice. She looked at him in doe eyed confusion, as if it was her first time seeing him.

 

“Aren’t you Suzy?” He pinned his eyebrows together and he looked just as confused as her.

 

They had the same facial features and the same beguiling smile that it made impossible for Myungsoo not to suspect that it was her. However, something was off. She was able to see, she didn’t stagger when she went out and her pupils were following the direction of her neck.


“Is that really you Suzy?” He thought.