ღ 13 ღ

A Ray of Hope

Navi ft. K.Will - We Really Loved Each Other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiaeAU1bIRQ


The driver ignited the engine and the vehicle coughed loudly before finally gaining consciousness. Myungsoo closed his eyes and bit his lower lip before taking a baby step back. He wanted the driver to notice him.

 

“Kid! Get out of my way!” The driver yelled, his nostrils fuming out flames.

 

“I won’t!” Myungsoo snapped back, anger and everything else curdling in his stomach.

 

He wouldn’t want to get rid of Suzy completely, he wanted to at least hold onto something. A small glimmer of hope, the piano. He pinned his eyebrows together and gulped in a mouthful of air, it was now or never.

 

The hefty man jumped out of the truck and stormed towards Myungsoo whose eyes were shut. He dragged him recklessly out of the road and pushed him by the shoulder. Myungsoo was taken aback and he did not have the guts to shoot back at him. Therefore, Myungsoo ended up falling face first on the grass patch by the sidewalk. Myungsoo’s shirt was pristine no more, there were patches of mud on it.

 

Before Myungsoo could even get up, the driver has already made his way to the truck. He then barreled away in the truck and out of Myungsoo’s sight. Myungsoo was gaping and his breathing soon turned into a painful sob, he was watching the outline of the truck helplessly. He was wilting, his energy was drained ever since he was pinned to the ground.

 

“Suzy…” He weeped while hitting his head with his fist.

 

His eyes lingered on the luscious green patch and then to his wobbling knees. He languidly wrapped his arms around his knee and he nuzzled his face against it. He paid scant attention to the civilians who walked past him. He was filled with regrets and these thoughts swam in his head.

 

<>

 

“Suzy it’s time for lunch!” Mrs. Bae called out from the kitchen.

 

“Coming!” Suzy replied instantaneously.

 

Suzy trotted down the steps and into the kitchen. The aroma wafted in the air and this whetted her appetite. She smelled pasta and she knew that her sense of smell can never fail her. Suzy knew that her mom would always cook pasta whenever she’s in a good mood, her dear mother was even humming a song.

 

“Mom let me help you set up the table.” Suzy offered and ambled towards the racks.

 

She tinkered her fingers around before finally placing it on a piece of utensil. She then reached out for a plate. Mrs. Bae watched her daughter’s back view and could only heave a sigh of relief. She was relieved that her daughter was not having any drawbacks about the sudden change in environment. Suzy grew accustomed to the way her previous house was built, she knew exactly where each furniture would be placed and where to take things that she would need. It will take time for her to get used to her new house.

 

Afterwards, the mother and daughter duo started digging in. The smile wouldn’t leave Suzy’s face as her mother’s cooking instantly brightened her mood. Mrs. Bae then looked at her with a motherly grin plastered on her rosy face. They were too busy wolfing down their food that they didn’t even bother speaking. Looking for the perfect time, Mrs. Bae carefully examined Suzy’s face before finally breaking the silence.

 

“Suzy, I figured that probably it’s time for you to receive the necessary surgery.”

 

Suzy froze in her place and the fork she was holding clanked against the glass table. She couldn’t believe what her mom voiced out. She blinked for a while before facing her mother.

 

“We received a notification about a cornea donor. Suzy, let’s please take this opportunity for you to be able to see again.” Mrs. Bae reached out for her daughter’s hand and she gave it a light squeeze.