What's Past Is 'Epilogue'

Guilty Pleasure

Seohyun saw her surrounding, sat back in her chair, crossed her legs, and closed her eyes, basking in the old familiar feeling of sitting in this place. She missed this place and the feel so much. It holds so much history for her, and all her buried memories finally come back flashing in her mind.

One hot August weekend, the summer after fifth grade, the Choi, Lee and Seo families had all met on their usual place, the same place with where she at right now. Her mother told her that today the Cho family had been in the city after nearly four years of being overseas. And today they gathered to welcomed them
“Do you remember Kyuhyun honey? you were in the same kindergarten with him, he moved abroad four years ago and he with his family returned to the city today” Seohyun’s mom told her. She barely listened her mom, she was having fun, painted each of her fingernails and toenails a different color with Yoona and Sooyoung beside her. And Donghae, being the only boy among the young girls, he looked absolutely bored. 
A moment later, a black audi stopped in front of them. A married couple stepped off the car who happily greeted by the families who have long been awaiting their arrival. They definitely are the Cho family.
And a few moments later, shyly a little feet stepped off the car wearing a matching gray waistcoat with knee-length shorts and his favorite brown boots.
“hello… hello… kiss… kiss…” mother crowed, kissing Mrs.Cho’s smooth-hollow cheeks
“and you are Cho Kyuhyun, aren’t you? You’ve grown up now” Mrs. Lee approached him and then she kissed Kyuhyun on the cheek, he flinched. Skinship and being treated like a little baby boy was things he hated the most
“kids, say hello to Mr. and Mrs. Cho and of course our little Kyuhyun” Kyuhyun glancing at Mrs. Lee then to Donghae, Seohyun, Yoona and Sooyoung who were standing in line with steely dark-brown and an owl-like eyes that made his eyes look sharper than it really was
“what's wrong with him? Why is he looking at us that way?” Sooyoung whispered in a concerned, confidential tone. They don't greet him with a big smile and gave him a wrinkles on their face instead, especially Donghae who are not expecting any new boy friend in the group, who felt that his position as the only boy in the group threatened. Kyuhyun also, didn't seem interested at all with his ​​new friends
Trying to smarten the atmosphere, Seohyun suddenly approached him boldly, threw her arms around his neck, and kissed him on the cheek. That wonderful, surprising kiss that made Kyuhyun jerked in shocked. She wearing a light blue silk slip dress and pink rubber flip-flops. Her black hair hung loose, just touching her bare shoulders. She looked like an angel. Seohyun is known as a tough-bubbling, easy going girl stronger than boy. So don’t be surprised to see how she welcomed Kyuhyun just then. Meanwhile, Yoona is highly contrary-different, she was a quiet and shy girl who playing as the brave little girl’s hanger-on? with Donghae who always protect her from anything that made ​​her hurt and sad
“I’m Seo Joohyun, simply Seohyun” she held out her hand “and you are?”
“… Kyuhyun, Cho Kyuhyun” it took a few second for him to took her hand and shook it
“Hm. That’s a great name, now meet my friends Yoona, Sooyoung and Donghae”
“hay…” they said in unison 
 
And naturally they became good friends. Five of them grew up together and their friendship grew closer and closer. They’d sharing things together, taking care of each other. It always would be the five of them; Seohyun and Yoona and Sooyoung and Kyuhyun and Donghae. They would drive to school together, spent the day in their usual stoop until late night, They’d drive around Gwanak district randomly singing the stupid hymns they sang at school and acting like crazy old people, watched the rock bands performing at the café near SNU Station where they spend their Saturday night and sing along with the band until their voices sounded loud in the crowd. They’re smart, they’ve inherited classic good looks, they wear fantastic clothes, and they are all popular, who is not envious with their perfection. People are jealous of their friendship, a friendship they would cherish forever. Seohyun hopes that they’re will stay that way.
 
It was February of eleventh grade. Every year is weird went back to school, seeing each other face to face again but at least Seohyun had her bestfriends Yoona, Sooyoung, Donghae and Kyuhyun. That year she wanted nothing but a great year just like the last year when she spent almost her 24 hours of her days with her besfriends. But things did not always go according to what she wants. When Sooyoung finally found her prince, her true love; Shim Changmin, she barely hang out with Seohyun and her others friends. Then again, Kyuhyun and Yoona finally confessed their feeling for each other, realized that 'they're really mean to be', destined for more than just a friend and decided to knit a more serious relationship, forcedly  Seohyun and Donghae had to build up their defenses between them a little bit. It's not like they don’t agree Kyuhyun being Yoona's boyfriend and vice versa, they agree, very strongly agree, it's just being the closest friends of Kyuhyun and Yoona, Seohyun should give a little space between her and Kyuhyun, and Donghae had to give the distance between him and Yoona, to avoid a misunderstanding because now Yoona is Kyuhyun’s and Kyuhyun is Yoona’s. And Donghae, well, actually he's not the type of guy who likes being-in-a-relationship, he’s not the one, because he thinks a serious relationships have a strong bond which will only hold his freedom. But then again he met with this girl, Jessica, which has a not-much-different principle with Donghae; the boys can have her body but not her life and of course her heart. She sticks to every guy and pretend that she love them when actually she’s not. So Donghae is more often spent his days with Jessica, and it makes Seohyun ended up spend her days alone. Though in reality she was become a lonely girl but she still remained smile and understood, her friends also have their own life, they might not spend all their lives just for her. And things was getting worst when Seohyun decided to have a relationship with Jung Yonghwa, the only son of Jung corporation owner, a vocalist from the band Rock whom she met at the café few years ago on Saturday night. With his messy dark-brown hair and eccentric appearance he still looks handsome, he’s not too obviously handsome, but he’d have the kind of face that made you want to look at it. Yonghwa came to her life at the perfect time, when she needed someone to lean on. What makes things worse is that everyone knows, including herself that Yonghwa is the school's snobbish cynic and resident bad boy, the heartbreaker, he sticks to every girl he just met and his life is filled by one-night-stand with girls he met few hours before. And as a friend of course Kyuhyun, Yoona, Sooyoung and Donghae deplored Seohyun’s choice. 
 
One hot summer day in June, second semester during breaks, as usual they gather in cafeteria. Across the cafeteria, Seohyun herself was just joining the lunch line. She noticed her bestfriends right away and smiled, waving cheerfully as if to say ‘I’ll be there in a minute!’ Seohyun slid her tray along the metal counter, choosing her favorite summer lunch menu.
“Hey guys” Seohyun sat down next to Yoona, smiling radiantly. Yoona looked up at Seohyun and turned the corners of her glossy lips upwards. It was almost a smile
“Where are you go last Saturday night?” Yoona asked staring at Seohyun
“Oh ... I was with Yonghwa, he asked me to watch his band at the café” Seohyun answered, her spoon
“So you are still get in touch with Yonghwa?” Donghae asked
“yeah. He’s a good guy anyway” she answered and peeled back the top of her yogurt
“a good guy? Oh come on, we've known him since the ninth grade and he's far from good” Sooyung said, full of hatred as if he’s the most bad guy in the whole world
“what do you mean?”
“don’t get us wrong Seo, we’re not forbid you to have a relationship with Yonghwa, but we’re knew who he is, we’re just don’t want you to get hurt” Yoona said
“do you see me get hurt now?” Seohyun stood up, shooting a warning glance to each of them “what had happened to you guys? I finally found a good one for me, I'm comfortable around him, he treated me better than you thought, and I'm happy now. Aren’t you glad to see me happy?” she said half shouted, and walked away stiffly. Yoona was about to catch Seohyun when Kyuhyun held her and chase Seohyun instead
 
“Seohyun-ah...” Kyuhyun called her when he saw Seohyun running through the cafeteria door but no response for her
“Ya! Seo Joohyun!” He called her louder, catching her arm tightly as he caught her up and turned her body to face him forcedly
“What?” She said wryly
“What’s wrong with you?”
“I’m the one who should ask that thing? What's wrong with y’ll? Y’ll don’t seem happy to see me with Yonghwa. Do I not deserve to get my own happiness?” she replied, Kyuhyun let go of her arm
“Look, we don’t intend to grab your happiness or whatever you think. But it's about Yonghwa, I know, you know that he is an since then, you deserve a better guy, you're too good for that bastard”
“Like who?” She said dropped her voice, her tears already on the verge. She couldn’t believe that her friends do this to her, she’s loved Yonghwa too much to listen to her friends’ words
“anyone but him”
“then what about Yoona, I think she deserves a better guy than you too. You told me not to be with Yonghwa, do you think you're better than him? you can be worse than him” She added, warned Kyuhyun that he is not much better than Yonghwa. Well actually Kyuhyun is not much different from other school’s heartbreaker who always flirt with girls in school, He is quite famous for his playboyness and his skill in wooing the girls. Kyuhyun and Donghae were actually ones of the regular of the little pizza joint on the corner of the City Park and Seungri high school. There’s usually a group of girls from Seungri High School standing around outside the pizza place, so Kyuhyun and Donghae will stop and flirt with the girls, who acts all shy and pretends they’re innocent, but they’re actually really a huge . Kyuhyun and Donghae has a cute little gag that makes all the girls laugh so hard their s nearly pop out of their shirt. The Seungri girls all wear really tight clothes and short skirts and high heels.
“Do you think Yoona completely give up her life for you? Tss ... no, she did not, she can’t trust you completely yet. She know you from heart, flirting with the girls, get drunk and spend the night with them back then, and then suddenly you bind a serious relationship with her and asked her to be entirely yours when you can’t necessarily be entirely hers. Do you think she would just give up her life for a guy like you? Do you know what the reason why until now she didn’t want to sleep with you? It’s not because she wanted to wait, she wanted to be special, but she don’t want to give her first to guy like you” angrily she blurt out all the words that should not be says. she smirked half laughing but stop when she saw Kyuhyun’s blur expression. Without saying anything she left him alone standing frozen
 
A year has passed. And now she regrets what happened that day and the days after, maybe if bad things did not happen that day, then, the same things won’t happen in the next days. But let bygones be bygones, yet the day won’t be rearward but go forward however she's trying desperately. So don’t look so sad! The sun will come out tomorrow, even though the sunshine had set year ago.
 
.
.
.
 
 
 
 
This chapter is about their past,
and the next chapter is still going to tell about their past and explain the current situation.
 
Many readers say that the story is much like Gossip Girl, and yeah it is. but I didn't fully copy all of the plot and become a copycat I just adapted the idea, because honestly Gossip Girl is one of my favorite TV series and I'm obsessed with the characters, I came to the idea to adapt it into my fic that look fit with the characters and the quadrangle love between Kyuhyun, Seohyun, Yoona and Donghae.
so please be nice and give me a kind comments, Thank you ^^ ...