Donghae and Siwon

Miss Interpreter

 

D O N G H A E

“She went into a coma. From what we are seeing, it doesn’t look like she’s going to make it.”

Those were the doctor’s exact words.

And these words shoved me into a sea of emotions.

First, there was grief – grief caused by the intensity of the situation. Grief caused by the fact that Yoona went into a coma. Grief - because the doctor believes that she’s not going to make it.

Second, there was guilt. I felt that this all happened because of me. Me, Lee Donghae – the celebrity. Lee Donghae – the man who took her to that coffee shop. Lee Donghae – the person who took her to Mokpo. If I were an ordinary citizen, there would be no fans. This wouldn’t have happened.

Third, there was shame. It was hard for me to call Yoona’s family and tell them what happened. I promised Mr. Im that I would take good care of Yoona. Right now, he probably thinks of me as a first rate liar and a failure.

Fourth, there was anger. I felt so angry at the world for being so unfair. Why do bad things have to happen to good, hard-working men like me? What did I do wrong to deserve this kind of fate?

I buried my head in my hands as I sat in front of the room where Yoona was in. For reasons, the medical staff wouldn’t let anyone inside the room for more than thirty minutes and my thirty minutes was up.

I spent it holding her hand, embracing her, looking at her face, crying, begging. “Wake up, please, Princess? Our wedding is in a couple of days, you know?”

I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to see her again.

Part of me wanted to barge into that room and embrace her, shake her, sing to her, make her wake up again, even though I know that it wouldn’t happen.

She went into a coma.

Yet a larger part of me wanted to die.

From what we are seeing, it doesn’t look like she’s going to make it.

A larger part of me wanted to die with her.

~~~

S I W O N

Early morning the next day, I woke up, jumped out of bed, went to the hotel balcony and called Ivy Chen. After a few rings, she picked up. She sounded enthusiastic at first, but when I presented the problem to her, her voice darkened.

It was hard to get her to confess. Even though we were miles apart, I could sense the fear in her being. Finally, she broke down and told me everything.

“Tell me if I got this right. You went online and posted in some forum that Hae is going to Mokpo?” I clarified.

“Yes,” the voice at the other end sounded muffled.

“And you were the one who took that picture of him hugging Yoona and posted that online, too?”

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“Because I loved him,” she started to cry. “I felt so much anger inside of me that I wanted to take revenge.”

I almost chuckled. This was too much like Skip Beat. But this time, the effects of her actions were more serious. Someone had to be brought into the hospital.

I was about to reprimand her, telling her that what she did was unrighteous when another call came up. “Wait a second. Someone else is calling me.”

I pressed the hold button on my phone, looked at the screen and furrowed my brows. “Donghwa? What’s up?”

“Choi Siwon? Is my brother with you?” Donghwa’s worried voice came on.

“N-no. He’s gone missing again?” Obviously, I thought. “Did you check the hospital where the princess is confined in?”

“We just got back from there,” Donghwa answered. “He’s been missing for almost a day now.”

Missing for a day? Now why would he disappear all of a sudden? Unless –

“Donghwa, did he leave a note?” I asked after I remembered the letter he left behind before his first flight to Dokbayo.

“I don’t know,” Hae’s brother replied. “I’ll go back to the hospital and check.”

“Please do,” I put the phone down, forgot all about Ivy, woke up Eunhyuk, told him everything and booked a flight to Mokpo.

~~~

Author’s Note: The story is about to end now. There are only a couple more chapters left. Thanks to everyone for the support!