Donghae

Miss Interpreter

 

D O N G H A E

The world just woke up from its refreshing slumber. The trees greeted me by waving their branches, as if dancing in tune to the breeze. Dew drops embellished their leaves like clear cut diamonds. Pastel colors burst from the blooms on the windowsill.

It couldn’t get any more beautiful than this.

I walked out into the balcony and realized I was wrong. The beauty of a spring morning was incomplete without her – like a jigsaw puzzle missing a large piece.

She was sitting on a white table, her dark hair falling gracefully on her shoulders the way a willow tree would drape its leaves on the glimmering creek. She was wearing that pink Louis Vuitton blouse I gave her.

She turned around and beamed at me, gazing at me with those doe eyes.

“Good morning, Oppa,” her voice was sweet and soft – like an angel’s.

I drifted towards her, a lost, wandering soul who finally found its solace…

BOOM!

BOOM!

BOOM!

“OPEN UP!”

I opened my eyes and rubbed them with my fists. Who was that? Was that part of my dream? I closed my eyes again and turned to one side.

BOOM!

BOOM!

BOOM!

“I SAID, OPEN UP!”

I bolted out of bed. Curse housekeeping! Why do they have to arrive so early? Why can’t they just clean my room when I was gone? And why do they have to be so loud and demanding and downright offensive?

“ALRIGHT! I’M COMING!” I yelled back. “BUT NEXT TIME, BE MORE POLITE OR I’LL MAKE SURE YOU’LL GET FIRED!”

I cursed under my breath as I struggled out of my pajamas into more decent looking clothes (designer jeans and a Marc Jacobs long sleeve shirt). I ran one hand through my hair and glanced at myself at the mirror. With or without make-up, I was still good looking.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

I dashed towards the door, ready to yell some more at the very rude hotel maid.

“You’re giving this hotel a bad name! Can’t you see that it’s only eight o’clock in the morning and I still might be sleep-“ I stopped.

This was no hotel maid.

This was a very angry Yoona-sshi.

The way she glowered at me, it was as if she was about to skin me alive, butcher me and burn me at the stake. In her arms was the box I spent so much time packing with tape yesterday.

“Y-yoona s-sshi,” I started. “Hi?”

“YOU ARROGANT, STUPID, OBNOXIOUS JERK!” she aimed the box at me, but threw it down angrily at the ground.

I flinched. Didn’t she know that there’s a cell phone inside that?

“DO YOU THINK IT’S FUNNY TO SEND ME STUFF LIKE THIS? WHAT DO YOU TAKE ME FOR?” She kept on screaming and even kicked the box, sending it sliding down the floor.

I raised a finger to my mouth, telling her to keep it down. She might wake up the other guests.

“I’M NOT A ! JUST BECAUSE I ALLOWED YOU TO PAY FOR MY DINNER DOESN’T MEAN THAT I ENJOY BEING SPOILED LIKE A !” Her face was turning a deep pink and her eyebrows knitted together.

“Please be quiet,” I tried to persuade her, bringing my arms down in front of me. “People might hear you.”

“I DON’T CARE IF THEY HEAR ME, YOU DUMB LOSER! ACTUALLY, IT WOULD BE BETTER IF THEY’D HEAR ME SO THEY’LL KNOW HOW MUCH OF A DESPICABLE, CONCEITED, VAIN IDIOT YOU ARE!”

“Yoona-sshi, please…”

She opened , ready to yell for the fifteenth time when I rushed forward, wrapped one arm around her body and clamped my other hand over .

“GERROF YOU ERT! DONTOUCH ME YOU SON OF A –“ she screamed even more and flailed hysterically.

Damn, she’s stronger than she looks, I thought to myself as I tried to keep her from escaping my hold. With my feet, I struggled to kick the door close. But for some reason, it swung open instead.

Wondering why, I looked up.

Yoona stopped moving in my arms and looked up, too.

Standing right in front of the doorway was Eunhyuk. And he looked like he just received the shock of a lifetime.