Donghae

Miss Interpreter

D O N G H A E

This is it.

I’d finally get to know what kind of guy Yoona-sshi likes. I’d finally find out the type of man who’d make her giggle and blush. I’d finally understand why she’s so unaffected by my looks, charm and charisma.

But first, let me tell you the story of the time when I did the Strong Heart Logo Song. There was this part in the music video where I winked. (It was during the part when I was singing “You’re my story” – you can look it up in youtube.com). After that segment was broadcasted, I heard rumors that there were actually fangirls who fainted when they saw me wink.

I gave Yoona-sshi a unique, personalized wink. It wasn’t broadcasted for everyone else to see.

I winked just for her. But what did she do?

She stood up and prepared to leave.

I honestly cannot understand how her mind works. Her vision seems to be alright. Maybe she likes women? No, she doesn’t seem to be that kind of girl.

I watched as the operator pressed some buttons on the “Ideal Boyfriend/Girlfriend Generator”. This machine will finally answer my questions about Yoona-sshi and put my mind to rest.

“First question,” the operator spoke up after a moment. “How tall is your ideal man?”

Yoona-sshi looked at me. I straightened up and pretended to look around.

“190 centimeters,” she answered.

I choked. What? I’m only 176 cm (180 with insoles). Is she saying that I’m not tall enough?

“Next, what color is his hair?” the operator asked.

Again, Yoona-sshi glanced at me. So I ruffled my light copper colored hair and stood as casually as I can.

“Black,” Yoona-sshi replied.

Black? But that was my original hair color! Did she know that? I only had it dyed because of my role in Extravagant Challenge. But I was born with black hair! I guess since I’m done filming the drama, I could revert back to my original hair color. Which is black, by the way. Black!

“What color is his skin?” the operator inquired.

Yoona-sshi squinted at me and declared, “Dark brown. Definitely dark.”

My jaw fell to the ground. No, I’m kidding. But it almost did. I couldn’t believe this. I tried so hard to make my skin fair like this, but there are still girls who actually prefer dark-skinned men? Maybe if I spend enough time out in the sun, I’d turn dark brown. Maybe I could go surfing in some tropical country…

“How does his lips look like?” the operator asked once more.

Yoona-sshi took one look at my thin lips and answered. “I like them thick and full.”

“So you like kissable lips, don’t you?” the operator giggled. Yoona-sshi gave her a timid smile.

Thick, full and kissable? I ran my finger across my thin lips. I guess I could have collagen injected here and there…

“You’re done!” the operator exclaimed as she pressed the big fat “enter” button on the machine. We heard a buzzing sound from the printer and soon, out came a picture of…

“Kobe Bryant?” I cried out. “Your ideal man looks like Kobe Bryant?”

Yoona-sshi looked as surprised as me but she took the picture and embraced it. “Yes. I guess that’s the case.”

Then she marched off with the picture hugged close to her chest, looking happier than I’ve ever seen her before.