Donghae

Miss Interpreter

Author's Note:  I'm updating so fast, it's scaring me. Enjoy!

~~~

D O N G H A E

“Aissh!” I slammed my fist on the countertop and pocketed my phone. “She hung up on me.”

“What did she say?” Eunhyuk asked with utmost concern. It was past twelve and the two of us were the only ones left at the lounge.

I scowled. “She wanted me to make a public statement that nothing is going on between the two of us.”

I wanted to punch the wall. I wanted to make the building crumble - the whole world crumble.

Yoona, why do you care what they think? You don’t have to let these petty death threats get to you. I can hire personal body guards to protect you. Why do you want me to announce to the whole freaking world that there is nothing going on between us?

My knees wobbled and soon, I was sitting on the ground. Eunhyuk sat beside me and placed his hand on my shoulder.

“Hyukkie, why does she want me to lie to the world?” I buried my head in between my knees.

“Maybe it’s not a lie to her. Maybe she thinks nothing is really going on between the two of you,” Eunhyuk suggested.

I lifted my head. “Huykkie. I don’t care if that’s how she feels. But that’s not how I feel. I…I…”

I couldn’t get the words out.

“You’re falling for her.”

I had to smile. My best friend’s a genius at figuring me out. “And I’m determined to make her feel the same way. I won’t give up.”

Eunhyuk returned my smile and yawned. “I think we’d better go to sleep. Then tomorrow, you’ll have to make that public announcement like you promised.”

~~~

It was all over the news the next day:

“Super Junior’s Lee Donghae Denies Rumors about Dating Dokbayonese Princess”

Eunhyuk and I were driving to Yoona’s hotel that morning. The radio was on and we listened as the reporter read my twitter update. “Earlier this morning, fans rejoiced when Lee Donghae tweeted that, ‘The princess and I are just friends. There is nothing going on between the two of us.’ This statement was made after his fans supposedly sent menacing death threats to the princess’ hotel.”

My own words disgusted me.

“There!” Eunhyuk pointed to a light-beige skyscraper. Thanks to Siwon and his endless connections, we managed to find out where Yoona as staying.

I parked the car nearby and switched off the radio. As we got out of the vehicle, I picked up my phone and dialed Yoona’s number for the hundredth time that morning. But as usual, only her voicemail was there to greet me.

“Good morning, Im Yoona is not here at the moment. Please leave your message after the tone.”

Beep!

Cursing under my breath, I pocketed my phone and strode towards the hotel with Eunhyuk at my heels.

Hyukkie cautiously looked around. His sounded paranoid. “Hae, we better walk quickly. If someone catches you here, no one would believe your tweets anymore.”

I nodded and adjusted my wig. Of course, Eunhyuk and I were wearing disguises. (It was one of Kyuhyun’s ingenious idea). Hyukkie had on a prosthetic nose, painted on a realistic looking moustache and wore a black wig and shades. On the other hand, I had on a dark, curly wig, a fake beard of the same color and horn-rimmed glasses.

Not even our mothers could recognize us. But still, the fans have a reputation for having sharp eyes. We have to be cautious if we want Operation Talk-to-Yoona to be successful.

We managed to get past the front door and found ourselves in the hotel lobby.

We quickly scanned the area.

The small café to the right was empty except for an old man reading the news and a bunch of businessmen having a heated argument.

No fan-girls.

Stage one: cleared.

We sauntered up to the front desk, trying to look as cool and casual as possible. Once there, I placed my arm on the counter and adjusted my glasses. I tried to lower my voice. “Good morning, may we ask for Ms. Im’s room number?”

“You mean Her Royal Highness, the Princess of Dokbayo?” the woman confirmed.

“Yes, miss, that’s the one,” Eunhyuk also tried making his voice an octave deeper.

“They checked out at six this morning,” the concierge answered. “Their flight is at seven. But the princess did tell me to give this note to the first man who’d go looking for her.”

The lady handed over a small blue envelope.

I hastily tore open the envelope right there and then. My world fell apart after I read what was written inside:

You and I – we belong to two different worlds. Our paths just happened to cross, but that’s it. You’ll have to go your own way and I have to go on mine. It’s best if we just forget about each other.

Too bad. I was starting to like you. But don’t cry your guts, out, Carrot Head. Maybe I’ll see you in another lifetime.”