1st day of work...

Seppuku

 

{Minji's Point of View}

And it appeared to me, a fancy restaurant who was hiring waiters and waitresses. Well, I am qualified since I'm 19 and I have helped my aunt with her resto business before so I think I could pass..

 

I went inside, got an interview from the owner and now I was standing in front of the kitchen holding my  uniform  . 

 

"You could start today if you'd like," Mr.Choi, the owner of Bambino Cuisine(a/n It's a real resto in Hongdae that I researched about, click this link to go to a review about the place :) -- the restaurant where I will be working at.

 

"Yes, sir," I said in haste because I wanted to get my mind of those two very annoyingly attractive guys that I can't seem to get out of my way. I went to the employee's lounge to dress up and when I was done, I went out ready to start with work.

 

Don't get me wrong, I have a lot of money already with me but I just need to do something to occupy my mind.

 

"Oh! You're done. Now, to start you off, Ms. Park our assistant manager will answer all your questions about our restaurant and your work." He pointed to a woman who was not so much older than me, probably a fresh graduate. She was quite pretty and any other girl would have been envious of her right now... but since I'm not like every other girl, I don't feel any envy.

 

"Anneonghaseyo, Park Shinhye~imnida! I hope to be friends with you!" She said, beaming me a smile. I just smiled a little and bowed a little.

 

"Jang Minji~imnida," I introduced while bowing.

 

"I'll leave you two to get started!" Mr.Choi said clasping his hands like a boy.

 

"Neh," Shinhye and I both bowed our heads as our employer turned to leave.

 

"Anneong!" She waved her hand in front of my face frantically like any moment now, her hand is about to rip off... 

 

Another enthusiast.... today is my lucky day.....

 

"It's great now that I have another girl co-worker! All the other employees here are male that's why I'm just alone in our locker room," she informed me while smiling so wide I thought her cheeks would pull apart. 

 

I looked around and noticed what she was saying. There were 2 guys waiting the tables to the right and a guy waiting the tables at the left. Behind the counter, was a male barista who was flipping bottles like a pro. 

 

"Don't they look cute?!" She whispered to me as we both stared at them in awe. They were like a flower boy group coming to work. 

One of the two working on the right side had curly light brown hair and was like, half a foot taller than me. 

The other guy who was also working at the right side had black hair which had gellled to a wave atop his head and striking eyes to go with his bad-boy aura. 

On the left side, there was that super cute guy with black hair that covered a third of his face, a smile which made his eyes disappear in his nerdy glasses. 

The guy behind the bar was also handsome with his black hair that was styled in the same way as the handsome tall guy's hair and eyes that could devour you with the stare. 

 

I nodded slightly to Shinhye's question even though it was retorical and it was already obvious how awesomely God-like they are... Just like Hongki and Yonghwa....Aish! what are these thoughts?! I came here to work! 

 

"Don't worry, You'll meet them later." she said with another smile as she dragged me away from my thoughts.

 

"So usually, during the first day, we get employees acquainted to our dishes. Now--" Shinhye started off draggig me to the menu stand that was located near the door of the store.

 

"These are the appetizers, main dishes, side dishes and desserts. As you may have noticed, this resto is Italian so when the customers enter, a waiter available will be serving them but first greet them with: 'Ciao!' Now you" she saud and motioned for me to do it myself.

 

"Ciao?" I said awkwardly.

 

"No-no-no-no-NO!" she said shaking her haid in utter disappointment. "Do it like this--" She faced me fully and acted as though I am the customer, "Ciao,"--she smiled brightly--"This way to your table ma'am," motioning her hands to some table. I tried it twice but failed. She may seem VERY nice on the outside but she's REALLY strict with this so I tried my best and that did it! ... only after about 15 times...

 

....

 

Ugh! This has been and is going to be a long day....

 

***

 

Okay... so here I am at 7:00 in the evening after a few 3 hours of training straight, no breaks whatsoever, in the middle of a very busy restaurant, working like I started to work here a couple of months now. Mr.Choi and my other co-workers were impresssed although I didn't know their names yet, I could tell they would look at me in awe everytime I would go out of the kitchen carrying a tray of food which they each offered to help me with everytime and in all of those times I would refuse with a straight 'no' ... So they backed off from little Ms.Rude.

 

Not to brag but I was just doing what I could and I believe what everyong told me-- that I could do anything.... Well, except probably, have a friend. --- That one they didn't know the reason to.