Awkward.. no more???

Seppuku

{Minji's Point of View}

 

"And 5, 6, 7, 8...1 and step... 2 and step... 3 and 4... 5 and 6 " I started to dance step by step at once, not letting him talk to me as we entered the smaller dance room assigned for the two of us to practice.

 

Once I ended the first quarter of the routine I turned to him to check if he could follow on .

 

"Got it?"

 

He's so cute looking confused and scratching the back of his head like that >.< 

 

"Okay, then. Let's start over. You stay in beside me now so I can keep an eye on you. I'll do it slower this time."

 

We started and he looked absolutely cute trying his best to keep up. Once we got to the complicated arm and leg movements he had stopped trying to keep up as he was really not getting it.

 

"Alright, raise your left leg up-- no-- not that high, just slightly-- keep your leg up and bring both your arms straight to your sides-- no clench your fists-- and then bend your back-- no a little higher--- then turn your wrists around-- like this... no like this...Ugh... Okay." I breathe in deeply and tried to make my patience a notch higher than its current low level.

 

He looked down and bit his lip. He chuckled nervously."Jeongmal Bianhe-yo," he scratched the back of his head nervously and I felt guitly for showing my impatience for teaching him.

 

"Ani.. gwenchana-yo. I hope you don't mind me pointing some things out-- about your dancing."

 

"Ani, I don't mind at all. By all means, tell me what's wrong. I mean aside from the fact that I'm horrible at it."

 

We chuckled but mine didn't quite reach the surface which made him immediately stop. Now, it's my turn to look down and bite my lip in shame.

 

"I'm sorry, I'm just not used to showing my-- elation... It's just-- n-never mind it..." I stammered.

 

"So"-- I immediately regain my composure-- "I think you dance okay, It's just that you lack grace and fluidity. You need to know how to end a step and how to start the next, since some of the steps in our routine need more fluidity during the transitions from step to step and some also need abrupt stops at the end of the steps. The key is to familliarize yourself with the steps and the amount of fluidity you exude when you do it. Since you seem fidgety and hesitating when you dance. I want you to relax and just feel your body all around so that you can command the to do whatever you like."

 

"Now, stand here in front of me so I can teach you properly" I command.

 

He stood in front of me and I hesitated as I carefully placed my palms at the rounding corner of his lean but muscular shoulders and gently brought my fingers down. I meant to comfort him and make him relax but since it was my first time to put so much affection through my touch that my mind was commanding me to hug him. I had a warm feeling inside me as I touched him and I somehow felt comfortable around him. I felt like there were no more restrictions, that there was no more of my sick curse.

 

"Just take a deep breath and close your eyes. Feel your body and get famillar with it"

 

But no, I should stop these thoughts-- I needed to handle this professionally. This is all for the sake of getting his grade up and keeping him in this school. Also, I shouldn't get his hopes up. I shouldn't get my hopes up. This was all for school.

 

{Yonghwa's Point of View}

 

I stand in front of her, facing the mirror and wait for her to command me to do the steps. But I heard no voice. I just felt gentle, comforting hands on my shoulders and I froze at the contact. I could feel butterflies in my stomach.

 

It was the first time I felt so much comfort by just one touch. But this one touch meant so much more to me than a shot at really learning how to move my stiff body with grace. It had a deeper significance for me. It meant I had a chance-- on her.

 

"Just take a deep breath and close your eyes. Feel your body and get famillar with it" she breathed at the back of my neck which made my skin tingle.

 

"Now, open your eyes and move with me."

 

I opened my eyes as her hands guided my arm movements and her voice telling me what to move at the lower portion of my body and at the end of that figure she stood beside me and told me to start over. So we started again and surprisingly I didn't struggle as much as I did with catching up with her and at the end she smiled slightly at me and told me that was better.

 

She taught me patiently throughout the whole song and helped me the way she did earlier. Of course I couldn't help but to try to fail at times so that she could hold me again. Call me obsessed but I feel a warm feeling when she touches me in any way. 

 

Once I knew all the steps, we started from the top and ran through the whole song at a slow pace with countings. I got her impressed when we did a run-through for the second time without countings and at the regular pace and I didn't fail with the steps more than 10 times. 

 

At least it was better than earlier when I failed some steps at least 15 times.

 

We practiced it a couple more times and I got more famillar with it, though not truly mastered it. We then practiced it with the music a couple more times before we ended the exhausting practice.

 

We ended up panting sitting side by side on the floor, back to the mirror, water bottles on a hand and towels on the other.

 

Once we drank water, she began her asessment of me-- of course, she is a very professional person.

 

"You did good. Although you make mistakes at times, it was alright. And you have improved your fluidity. You also have memorized most of the steps. All you have to work on now is mastering the steps. You should also probably work on your confidence and flexibility which I believe you will learn as you go along the class."

 

Silence. It was no longer that awkward silence we would have. This one was comfortable. A comforting kind of silence. A peaceful and restless one. Awkwardness totally wiped out replaced with the feeling of knowingness.

 

"Gomawo," I said looking at her.

 

She turned her beautifully rounded dark brown eyes which had grown little wrinkles on the side as she gave me a slight, timid smile and looked down at her lap.

 

"It's my job after all. Like I said- when ssaeng (short for teacher) asks for it I comply."

 

"But anyway, I wanted to thank you for making me dance a little better than just swaying side to side." I heaved a heavy sigh and began ---"And also, thanks for giving me a chance on that date. I promise I'm honest."

 

She turned serious and looked at the floor in front of her. I didn't like the serious atmosphere that was now brewing around us.

 

"We should get going." I said as I stood up and offered her my hand to help her stand up which she ungratefully refused. I sighed in my mind. I knew.

 

I know she really was inteding to reject me a while ago but I guessed she was just too shocked with my sudden confession that she began saying otherwise. 

 

Oh well, at least I have a chance to show her my truthfullness.

 

With a last mental sigh, I followed her out to our larger class dance room.

 

This is your chance Yonghwa, give it your best shot.


Whatup Guys?!

I have no idea of how to end this now. I started this story with a plot in my head but as I continued, I started to stow away from the possible big conflict at the so please bear with the irregular updates and late ones :(

 

Haven't you guys noticed that this story is sorta like Flowerboys Next Door??? I realized that just now. I just finished watching episode 5 (latest episode airing in the Philippines) I remembered that I fantasizing about Yonghwa and Hongki as the guys from Flower Boy Next Door when I watched the first few episodes and I eneded up making Hongki as Enrique(Yoon Siyoon), Minji as Dokmi(Park Shinhye) and Yonghwa as Oh Jinrak.  But instead of making the lead girl be super kind I made her cold >.< hehe... 

 

Anyways, As always, comment, suggest, subscribe, upvote(?) hehe...

 

Max^~^

 

Please also support my other fics:

Free Spirits - Hongki x you x Yonghwa (rockstar romance)

I've been Eyeing you for a while... - Seunghyun x you (oneshot )