내 첫 사랑 ... 이게 작별 인사가?

Seppuku

Hey Guys!

You are going to know the meanig of the title at the end of this chap :)

This is my last update for this day! I'm so tired from yesterday i want to sleep now.... I just had to update this...

Max ^~^


Hongki's Point of View

I really am trying hard to avoid her.

 

Don't call me an easy guy but I really did like her.

 

She thinks the first time we met was yesterday at the bus station... wrong... We met since we were kids.

 

{Flashback}

 

I was 15 years old, on my way to school walking by the sidewalk. I looked at the sky. The wheather is so nice today.

 

Then suddenly, *oof*

 

I fell on my behind but immediately stood up and bowed tons of times while saying a dozen sorrys to the person I had just bumped into.

 

I slowly looked up at the person and I saw the most beautiful thing I've ever seen that even the Eiffel tower can't compare to it-- a pair of eyes looking curiously at me. I couldn't help but stare but was pulled out of my thoughts by a....

 

"Gwenchana," she said and then smiled at me... her action begged to differ with my first assumption... no... that smile was the most beautiful thing ever.

 

I was too stunned to move, to overwhelmed by her beauty to speak. I was rooted to my spot and when I finally came to my senses, I was too late. She had already gone away from my sight. I started to pick up the pace, brisk walking as I looked for her, to my dismay, I didn't catch up with her. She was already on the bus and it was leaving to who knows where and I was left there to regret being stuck in that position and mentally scold myself and her effortless beauty for not being able to catch up with her...

 

I didn't even get her name. I sighed and continued my walk to the school. Good thing I took note of the bus she was riding and the bus stop she went to. I might catch her again tomorrow.

 

The following day I went to that bus stop and decided to take the same bus to school since it passed by my school. I went there really early just to wait for her. And when she finally came I was filled with anxiety and excitement. 

 

Then a thought crossed my mind, what if she was a noona? What if she didn't want to be friends? and the last thought struck me the most: What if she had a boyfriend?

 

Too afraid to speak to her now, I just continued to stare at the ground and wait for the bus silently. I think she barely noticed me because when the bus came, she just went straight to it. 

 

I entered last and the seat beside her was already taken so I had to sit on another place and it was far from her place. She was seated in the middle and I was forced to take the backseat. But I think it was also good since I wouldn't know what to tell her if I sat beside her  and I believe, I might just stare at her the entire time and she would think I'm a ert so I was okay to sit away from her. i was comfortable just admiring her from a distance.

 

***

 

I did the same thing everyday, with me still sitting at the back and  her in the midde. For about 2 years it was like that until we had to move to different colleges and to my disappointment she moved farther and I didn't know why.

 

I don't see her anymore and even though I was just an admirer looking at her idiotically from afar, I still missed her.

 

***

 

I haven't seen her around and it's been 3 years. In those times, I've built up my confidence and was no longer the 'shy guy'. As time passed, I thought of her less.

 

Today was just like unlike any other. Today, I enroll to an art school after a lot of "long talks" with my parents convincing me to atleast try it out. I am nervous as this school can make my dreams come true and though I believe I couldn't reach the standards, my parents thought otherwise and their confidence alone made me think that I might actually have a shot at this thing.

 

I walked up to the queue building up in the pedestrian lane. I stood there nervously and smiled at the people I would pass by. I even had small talk with some of them because talking relieves my nervousness. 

 

It was time to cross but something caught my eye at the back corner of the bus right in front of me that had stopped as the stoplight beamed red... more like someONE.

 

Then there she was, the person who's smile I'd missed, who's gaze I've longed for all these three years. She still looked as beautiful as ever. I noticed we were wearing the same skull-printed scarf and I wondered if she has changed from her bubbly, smiling, waking-on-sunshine self who wore colorful stuff mostly. That's when I noticed something was off about her. Something was definitely off. She gazed at the sidewalk with no emotion, a blank stare, lifeless eyes that seemed hopeless.

When she looked up from her gaze, she met my eyes and I was hit by a wave of relief to have seen her again. She didn't seemed to like it though because she looked away immediately. 

 

I've found her and at my best state yet. I was confident, grown-up and maybe even... handsome.(a/n: Duh??? You are sooo handsome Mr.Lee Hongki... kekekeke...can't help it!) I'm not going to miss this chance. So I took note of the bus number and made a mental note to look for the station that bus visited before I crossed the street.

 

Something's definitely changed in her. There was something totally off about her. How could  I, her stalker for two years, not notice the fact.

 

***

 

The next day, I was so happy to be enrolled to that school and they took me in immediately yesterday since "you can't get talent from wasting time" the principal said. I was even happier to have found where her stop was and there she was sitting at the end of the stop, looking peaceful with her eyes closesd. She was wearing the same scarf as yesterday and was glad that I had worn mine too. I decided to examine her closeley and when her eyes fluttered open. I knew she was still beautiful. 

 

Her peaceful state was now replaced by an angry person and now, I think I don't know her anymore but I was not about to give up.

 

I was not going to have second thoughts of being even her friend. *You already know what happened. I don't think I have to repeat it again :)* I sat with her at the bus and FINALLY got her name. 

 

Jang Minji, I've got you now. When she burst out the door, I was dumbfounded but when I saw her walking to the art school I enrolled at, I was filled with hope... I was going to see her again!!!!!

 

To my surprise and at the same time delight I found out we were at the same class. I kept bugging her because she was just so adorable even if she was cold towards me.

 

I tried to catch up with her after classes but she ran out again and all I could do was sigh as I packed my stuff and truged to my next class. She wasn't there but I was glad to atleast have befriended a bunch of guys whom I think are kingkas since they were followed around by girls.

 

Lunch time came and I searched for her again and when I found her, I made my way towards her table and ate. At first she didn't notice because I guess, she was always alone since she didn't like to have company, that much was obvious. But when she finally did, like a while ago, she was cold towards me. I started bugging her again but felt instantly guilty as I felt she was going to cry so I just let her walk away and I didn't follow again.

 

That day, after school I decided to join the kingkas I met at school as they invited me to go out. We were a happy bunch. They were really nice and we were fast friends.

 

I saw her there again but that was the last time I could talk to her seeing that being with her was hurting her and I didn't want anything to do with hurting her. The only reason I kept bugging her till lunch was because I thought she was just playing hard to get but seeing that she was going to quit her job just because she thinks whe would be seeing me a lot there makes me decide to just avoid her. I know she would be happy about it.

 

{End of Flashback}

 

I stayed away from her the rest of the day as well.

 

She's probably smiling, maybe even snickering at all the times I avoided her.

 

Deep inside it hurt that I had to stay away from my first love.

 

내 첫 사랑 ... 이게 작별 인사가?

Nae Cheoss Salang ... Ige Jagbyeol Insaga?

My first love... Is this goodbye?