Visiting Hours

Kiss Me

 

Tiffany rushed through the hospital's sliding door in as much of un-paniicked way as she could manage. She didn't want anybody there thinking she's the one who's in need of help, though she did feel like she was about to have a heart attack any moment now. Scanning the occupied chairs of patients waiting Tiffany briskly walked up to the receptor. 

"Excuse me I've been informed that Kevin Woo was transferred to this hospital." Tiffany told the receptor, her hand clutching her purse besides her. The receptor quietly excused herself on her Bluetooth ear piece and looked up at Tiffany.

"Yes he's been transferred here at 1:38PM this afternoon. His should be in surgery right about now." the receptor told Tiffany who grimaced at the thought of Kevin lying unconscious while doctors were sticking tubes and tubes in him as they desperately tried to save his life.

"Is there any way I can see him after his operation?"

"Your name?"

" Hwang Mi Young."

The reception typed onto her key board and frowned, "I'm sorry but I can't allow you to see Mr. Kevin Woo after his sugary, at least not right away. You'll have to come back another time." 

"What?" Tiffany asked. "Why, why can't am I not allowed?" 

The receptor apologizes again, "I've only been informed to allow one person to see Mr. Kevin Woo after his surgery."

Tiffany's eyebrows creased with stress as she slowly took a deep breathe already knowing who this person is. 

"Who?"

 

"How many times do I have to tell you, I don't have time for this right now. My boyfriend is dying in the hospital and if you even have the tiniest amount of pity inside of your heartless little soul you would let me go." Eli argued through gritted teeth at the police officer in front of him in middle of the police station hallway who seemed to be unfazed by his glare and said nothing.

"Eli you need to calm down, besides if you yell any louder your wound is going to open up again." 

"I'm not yellin-" Eli stopped and lowered his voice, "I'm not yelling. Besides the police at the scene already questioned me, I don't know why I can be any help here." 

"I know but there's nothing we can do about it now, let's just sit down and wait for Tiffany to call-"

"I don't have time for this!" Eli erupted at the person near him, his voice filled with disbelief that he's being held up at a police station while Kevin is being pokes, cut, stitched and god who knows what else is being done to him.

"You're right," a voice said from behind the police officer Eli had been complaining to previously, "you don't have time for this, so why won't I just get you to sign some papers and you can be off to your," the man's eyes gleamed at Eli as he approached him, "boyfriend."

Eli gritted his teeth, "Hello."

"Hello to you too." the man greeted the boy next to Eli then gave orders to a nearby reception to get him the papers Eli was to sign. 

"Mr. Kim." the police officer greeted the man who exchanged a greeting back. 

"Seems like your babysitting sift is over now, you may leave Mr. Eli here with me. Thank you for your work." The police officer bowed to Mr. Kim and left while another came.

"Ah thank you son." Mr. Kim ignored Eli's flinch when he said "son" and proceeded to get the papers, making a few marks before handing it to the boy next to Eli along with a pen. 

"Just let him," referring to Eli, "sign here, here, and there. Give it to the reception at the front and you're free to go." Mr. Kim smiled. "We wouldn't want Eli to be late at the hospital now do we." 

The boy hesitantly took the paper. Mr. Kim was five feet away from them when he turned around and spoke to Eli in a humorous tone. "Oh and Eli, son, and I do mean it this time. It's nice to see you again, I do hope you are doing well in life." He gave one last smile at Eli and disappeared.

"Eli...” the boy asked, his small hand tugging on Eli's sleeve jacket as they walked down the hall. 

"What." Eli slammed the signed paper on the reception desk and walked out of the building, calling out a cab. 

"Who was that?"

"That," they got inside of a taxi, Eli closing the door behind them as they sat, "was my damned-father." 

The boy was quiet for a moment. "I didn't know you had a father." 

 

Tiffany was at her wits n ends, sitting down at the waiting lounge, her feet prompted up on the chair besides her as she tried to nap. Damn you... damn you freaking Lee Kis-

"Unbelievable!"

Tiffany turned to see her brother walking towards her, two juice boxes in hand and a wrapped sandwich nested underneath his arm. "How in the world can you be napping at such a time?"

"Last timed I recall, I don't sleep with my eyes wide open. Thanks." Tiffany took her feet off the chair as Soohyun handed her a juice box and sat next to her.

"Oh gosh you're sleep talking too." Tiffany shoved him on the arm. "Kidding, kidding, don't go sending me to the hospital now, the doctors and nurses have it bad enough right now." 

"They won't let us in."

"I can see that, you're practically balding right now with all the stress. Last time I saw you like this was when Dongho-"

"Was in the hospital, yes I remember." Tiffany finished. The two sat quietly, drinking their juice ever once in a while until Soohyun broke the silence. 

"Don't worry."

"You know you telling me to don't worry makes me worry even more." 

"Maybe I wasn't saying that for you, maybe I was saying it to myself." They were silent again and again, Soohyun broke it.

"How long until we're able to see him?"

"I don't know." Tiffany scooted closer to her brother and rested her head on his shoulder to which he snuggled closer to her. "I don’t' know."

Tiffany closed her eyes and slowly drifted to sleep. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know I haven't updated in like nearly 3 months (I'm such a shameful human being TT_TT) and that this chapter is super duper short but I couldn't bare to not update in so long.

It's been almost forever since I've been here so "How is life?" "Are you well?" "I hope you are having a splendid day." 

I would say I'll update soon but who knows when that will be. Hopefully it will be soon. Really soon... Really REALLY soon. 

Thank you for reading and subscribe if you likey ~

 

confesstion: I've been addicted to "Free! - Iwatobi Swim Club" and "Blue Exorcist" lately which may or may not have anything to do with me not updating for 2 months... who knows.