Are You Lying?

Kiss Me

 

{not proofread}

[3-4 weeks after]

Eli was still half asleep as he sluggishly brushed his teeth with his eyes half shut, he was half way to dozing off when the slam of the front door jolted him awake. 

Kevin was half way across the hall, his jacket and car keys in one hand as he tried to neatly tuck in his navy blue v-neck into his jeans. His hair was flopped messly to the side which similarly resembled the rest of his outfit, he wore the same clothes as he did the night before and loose bags of darkcircles hanged from beneath his eyes.

Silently setting down his car keys as quietly as possible onto the kitchen counter, Kevin sighed a breathe of relief and turned to the direction of his shared bedroom when Eli stepped out of the bathroom and into the narrow hallway directly in front of him.

"H-hi..." Kevin shuttered, his hand held up as a way of greeting. At first Eli didn't seem to notice him at all, his eyes staring straight at him, no, more like right through him. 

"... Hey." 

"I... I don't have class this evening." 

"Okay." 

"I'll see at lunch."

"Kay."

Eli blinked a few times, his mouth slowly opening as if he was about to say more but decided against it. Instead he just went back into his room to change with Kevin following suit.

He kept a proximity distance between him and Eli as they both reached into their shared closet and picked out a outfit for school. Kevin noticed that as he was debating on which color jeans he should wear, he could see Eli sneaking; or at least tyring  to sneak glances at him, in hopes that he would look back at him and make some sort eye contact. 

But the younger pushed it aside and continued to steer his way as far as possible from Eli. Usually this type of awkward atmosphere wouldn't even exist for them, their mornings were sweet and delightful, with Eli and Kevin playing around as they go ready for the day, even before they started dating. But now.. the air was thick, and Kevin was searching despretely for a way out of the apartment as quickly as possible.

His (now usual) unsettling 'guilt' of last night's evens were now settling at an unbottling mood on him, he knows what he did wasn't harmful or bad. In fact it was nessicary. But it still didn't make him feel any better about what he had done with Jeaseop. What made him feel better about the situation was that it would only happen once.

At least he hoped.

"Kevin.." Eli came closer to Kevin, his hand reaching towards him but after a split second, he let his hand fall besides him and sighed. "Kevin.. I need to tal-"

"I'm gonna be late for class.. I.. I have to go now." Kevin quickly blurted and left their room before Eli could reply back.

Without looking back, Kevin rushed out of the room, grabbing his car keys along the way and went out the front door. Eli heard the door slammed shut as he finished getting dressed. He felt of bit stung by the fact that Kevin was lying to him, he didn't even have to ask to know, he just knew.

After spending nearly his whole life with the younger, he was keen on reading him, even without having to try. He knew what Kevin was thinking even before he himself thought it, that was just how close they were. And the more he remembered that, the more he regretted not stopping him, he should of stopped him, should of at least tried to stop Kevin from walking out that door. But he didn't...

And now he might be walking out of his life..

Forever.

 

He was sure he knew, he has to. Otherwise, why would he'd been so calm about it?

He knew, he knew that Kevin was hiding something from him. Maybe he even knows what he' been hiding, it wouldn't be quite a shocker to Kevin if that was true. Afterall, from the way he was acting, he was as tranlucent as a ghost, thinner than air and so so dead (no pun intended).

Kevin quickly discarded the thought as soon as he parked into the parking lot of his school, being extremely early that day, he parked farely close to the entrance. Taking his car keys out from the engine, Kevin reached over to the passenger side to retrieve his back pack.

 After gathering his belongings, Kevin locked his doors and left the vacent parking lot. Before dropping off his painting portfolio in his art classroom, Kevin quickly glance at his watch and decided to stope by a cafe before heading to class, seeing as he was already 2 hours early and might as well get something to snack on.

Getting back inside his car, Kevin notices a black SUV pulling up into the parking lot at the other side of the street, the same black SUV that picked him up from school last night to a cafe and back to their place by that following eveing.

" Jeaseop.." Not in the mood to see him until he was "scheduled" to see him which was tonight at midngiht, Kevin would rather stay clear out of his view until then so he quickly drove off of school property and ended up at the same cafe he always ended up at in any possible situation.

"Hello sir!" the young boy from before [refer back to chapter 25] greeted him eagerly with a wave as usaul, now that was apparently a constant customer.

Kevin waved back with a smile, proceeding to his spot by the large window near the front of the cafe. The young waiter came up to his table with a pitcher of iced tea and a empty tall sim glass cup with a light blue straw inside.

"How are you doing Hyung? It's kind of early to be here in the cafe isn't it, do you not have classes today?" as regularly, the young waiter spoke in an odd too-mannerly off tone that Kevin found anomaly cute. He sit down the pitched in the center of the table after filling the cute with sweet iced tea and sit it down in front of Kevin as an offering in which Kevin impliedly took a short sip from. Their standard routine of "talk-and-tea" consistantly matching up.

"I only have morning classes todya, painting and econimics. Came to school abit too early today and thought I'll stop by for a snack."

"And the man from before, is he not here today?" the boy asked curiously.

"Oh.. he's.. he's not coming here today.. or any other day." Kevin stuttered reply on spot without looking to obvious that he was lying, his hands folded neatly in his lap now out of habit to prevent them from awkwarding pushing a stray of hair from his eyes or tapping the edge of table in front of him.

"Why not? Does he not want to see you anymore?"

"No.. no it's not that.. I.. me, I don't want to see him anymore." Kevin's eyes sifted down from the boy's gaze down towards his laps as his revelational conced ran howol chills down spin. If only he could confess this to the one person who actually matters. The one person who knows nothing of Kevin's secret acts and deeping seas of lies. The one person Kevin is trying to protect.. 

But is un-evidently hurting in the process.

 

 

"Dude it's sad seeing you like this."

"What?" Eli cocked his head and turned to see Soohyun staring sadly towards him. The two were the school cafeteria for breakfest, well more like Eli was there for breakfest and Soohyun was just there staring at him.

"Did you get into a fight with Kevin?"

"No... well maybe, I don't know.." Eli confessed uneasily, not quite sure if his and Kevin's "talk" that morning would even be considered a conversation to begin with, less than a fight.

"Then what's hitting you in the sack? You're not usually this grumpy and depress like." Soohyun begged with a light shove to Eli's shoulder.

"Hitting the sack?"

"Oh you know what I mean. What 'sup?"

"Nothing... I don't know, everything's fine.. at least I hope it is.." Eli sighed discontently, ruffling his hair abit with his palm in distress, "It's just that.. Kevin's hiding something from me, or at least lying abou it. For last couple of days, I could barely see him, couldn't even get a word with him, barely a hello or goodbye. I respect his privacy so yeah I won't go pestering into his business but hello, we're a couple, that's what couples do, they know things about each other. But this.. I don't even know him anymore, he's gone within sun rise, goes straight to school then work, after that I don't even know, he says he's always busy and yes I understand, finals are coming around the corner. But.."

Eli paused, his last words hanging off his tongue like a dog on its hind legs for a treat. As much as he wants to take it all back, to pretend that his worries are nothing but the fever he's been having for the last few days are just going striaght to his head and nothing more. He knows that once he says the undoutful words he's been thinking of since Kevin first told him he was getting get an extra sift at work to help pay off rent. Eli knows that once he says out loud for the very first time, his suspicion.. it'll all be too real.

"Eli would you stop being such a sore thumb and just get over here!" Kevin half yelled-half giggled as he lonesomely got up from their tub which was filled near the brim with water and peachy pink gazillion amounts of bubbles. 

Kevin quickly wrapped himself into a towel that had been hanged on the rack across the wall from the sink, his hair dripping and body slightly still covered in a lather of bubbles. Still giggling due partically to the fact that they had just been sipping on some red wine during their stay at home romantic dinner for their forth month anniversary before Kevin suggested the idea of taking a bath together, Kevin peeked an eye over the shoulder at Eli and spoke lushly in a faith tippsy yet seductive voice. 

"If you're quick enough, I'll meet in our bedroom before I fall asleep." with a wink, Kevin dawdling to their shared bedroom. "Hurry up Eli cause I'm getting 'pretty' tired!" Kevin sang out over his shoulder before disappearing from behind the bathroom door.

Apon reaching into their room, Eli spotted not quite yet half way across their room (that wine must of did a number on Kevin..). He slowly approached Kevin from behind of swooped him into his arms, in which Kevin instatnly hooked his arms around Eli's neck and brought his face in close proximity to his. The aroma of red wine, peachy bubble scents and the natural soothing fragrance of Kevin filled Eli's senses.

Without a second warning, Kevin urgently brought his lips down on Eli's; is lips abit too far downwards than he'd but Eli helped adjust as he kissed him back. The taste of their lips on each other brought exstasy through their veins.

"You're so drunk right now Kevin." Eli said with a laugh agaisnt Kevin's lips, not wanting to break away from him, his arms now wrapped around Kevin's waist to help steady him as he brough them to his bed, carefull not to bump into anything along the way.

"I would be lying if I said I wasn't." Kevin laughed breathlessly and pressed his lips onto Eli's once more.

Eli shook the memory away, he wasn't sure why his brain had managed to randle up that and now out of all times. In a normal circumstance, the memory would of brought a smile to Eli's lips but now it only brought back mouring and near the verge of tears.

It only added more struggle to confess what he's been contmeplating about strongly about since this morning. That he's just been too fateful in his trust for own boyfriend and maybe even gullible to actually believe in his heart rather than his logical brain.

When he says it.. it'll be the truth, and he knows that, even if he's not ready himself to believe it.

"But what?" Soohyun looks concerningly at Eli, his voice straining on those two short words. The same thougths on Eli's head in his own though he knows that pushing Eli may tip him over the edge. He needs for Eli to see what he's wary about.

"I think.. I think Kevin's cheating on me.. with Jaeseop."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello guys!! 

Oh wow has it been a longgg time since I've updated, so sorry for that!! >_< 

with school, babysitting, and work, it's been hard to try to fit in some time to update though I have been adding pieces to the chapter and have been working on it. I will try to update as frequently as I can though I can't make a promise of an update every week, I will certainly try.

I hope this chapter did not disappoint, and as a heads up, I WILL be editing and finally proofreading my previous chapters so some chapters may change though not dramatically. I'm pretty sure nothing too big or crazy will get changed but I will notify you all on that soon enough.

and wow 80 subs.. last time I was here, there was only like 74 or somewheres alongs those lines.. where did you guuys even come from 0_0

but hey, whether new sub or old sub, thank YOU for enjoying this crazy fanfic ride with me and I hope you stick around for the ending of this story (err whenever that is..)

hah sorry for blaping, just missed you all so much!!!

Thank you for viewing, please comment and subscribe if ya like~