Last Day

Kiss Me

 


"What time is it?" Soohyun asked franticly as he struggled to put his shoes on at the front door. Just seconds later, a tall almond brown hair boy emerged from a bedroom wearing only loose hanging boxers.

"Yah, it's too early to be yelling, I have neighbors right next door you know." the boy complained grumbly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Today's the 25th; I have hurry and pick up Dongho before 8." 

"Oh gosh I almost forgot… Okay, I understand but can you please try lowering your voice. I don't want to hear that old hag down the street complain to me again about my 'inconsiderate loud mouth friend'" dropping his hand, the boy smiled and came towards Soohyun, he adjusted his backpack on his shoulders and pulled his hood over his head.

"It's raining outside right now, drive slowly okay." the boy advised a smile still on his lips as he bent down a little to kiss the top of Soohyun's hoodie.

Soohyun froze, dazzled for a moment, "Ugh... n-nae. An-annyeong." after nodding his head for about the millionth time and waved goodbye at the boy at the door way, he quickly ran outside to his car.

"Aishh, you be dressed by the time I get there." Soohyun mumbled under his breathe.

 

"I'M HERE, I'M HERE, I'M HERE TIFFA-" Soohyun pounded on the door, yelling loudly when the door abruptly opened.

"What?" Tiffany peeked from behind the door, seeing that it was only just her brother; she widened the door and frowned.

"What do you mean what, it's the 25th."

Tiffany stared blankly at her brother, her frown still pasted on her lips and her eye brows creased downwards.

"Yah Soohyun, you don't have to come with me this year. Just stay home with Dongho, I'm going alone." she left inside of the apartment, leaving the door open as she came to retrieve her jacket and purse from the living room. Dongho was sitting cross legged on the couch watching TV when Tiffany came and picked up her purse besides him, she laid her hand on his head, gently caressing his smooth short hair.

"Dongho, Soohyun's going to stay with you here until I come back okay?" she said, ruffling his hair a bit.

"Mhmm, nae." Dongho replied back, his eyes never leaving the TV screen as he tried to avoid Tiffany’s gaze. Sighing after she finally left.

"What am I supposed to do while you're gone?" asked Soohyun when Tiffany appeared back at the front door, putting her shoes on and picking up her umbrella.

"I don't know; watch TV with Dongho or something. I'll be back around noon; you two eat dinner without me. Mhmokay?"

"Okay."

Tiffany walked out of the apartment just as Soohyun came inside; he hung his jacket up and sat down next to Dongho who turned up the TV volume louder. The two watched silently for a few minutes until Soohyun finally got up the courage to ask the younger what's been on his mind since his drive there.

"Hey, how is she?"

"She's..." Dongho paused, choosing his words carefully. "She’s dealing with it... don't worry Hyung, my Umma's strong."

"Ahh kid," Soohyun sighed, sifting to his side to face the younger," see that's the difference between what she says and how she's actually on the inside. She only wants you to think she's strong." Soohyun gazed outside to rain falling silently and frowned, "your umma's not that strong, she's not superman... she only wishes she was."

Suddenly, he felt overwhelmed with everything that's been going on since then. Although he knew not to worry too much about his sister, a small part of his heart ached to see her go by herself to the commentary. Usually they would go together but today was different. Today was her anniversary.

But besides his sister's issues, there was someone else he was worrying about at the moment. Someone who's probably all alone right now.

"But what?"

"I... I think Kevin's cheating on me with Jaeseop." Eli's voice weakened at the end, almost at a whisper and gasping. His eyes focused intensely at his mug resting cozily between his palms on the cafe table. He looked on the verge of crying, his breathes deep and slow.

"Wh-what?... why.. why would you say such a thing?!" Soohyun exclaimed when Eli said no more. 

"Yah..." Eli lifted his head slowly and met eyes with the older, "it’s true isn't it." he didn't question it this time, it was a statement. Just then did Soohyun realize how much Eli's thought about this. He wasn't the type to accidently accuse someone of something unless there was faulty reasoning behind it. If Eli suspected something, it was usually right.  

"You don't even have to say it, I already know." Eli lowered his eyes again after the older failed to respond back at his words, his voice getting softer with every word he spoke.

"But Eli.. wh.. why would you say such a thing?" Soohyun asked nervously.

"Because... I saw it Soohyun. Kevin... I saw him-

Brrrrrrriinnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg~~~

 

"Annyeong?"

"HYUNG!" 

"Wae? What's wron-"

"COME TO THE HOSPITAL RIGHT NOW."

"What? Yah, what happened?"

Sobs muffled through the other line along with coughs and sniffles, "its Kevin... he's-"

 

Tiffany parked near the entrance of an empty parking lot near a small commentary. The light rain falling from the sky from that morning was now loud splatters of droplets from the dark gray clouds hanging above. Turning off the engine, Tiffany sat in her car for a moment, only the patters of the rain could be heard surrounded her.

After sitting for a few minutes, trying to collect her thoughts, Tiffany finally reached for her purse, umbrella and a plastic bag from her passenger seat. Stepping out into the gusting rain, she barely noticed her heels getting soaked on the inside as she walked across the parking lot, over a large hill and stopped in the middle of the commentary at a small tombstone.

 

In loving memory of Park Ha Joon


Crouching down in front of the tombstone, Tiffany laid her umbrella on top of the it to shield it from the rain. Quickly, she took out a small plastic box from the plastic bag she had been holding onto and opened it. Six steaming hot buns lay inside, as careful as she could, Tiffany laid the plastic bag on top of the plastic bag on top of the tombstone. Luckily only a few rain drops managed to fall on the hot buns.

Brushing a stray of now soaking wet hair away from her eyes, Tiffany crossed her arms around herself, her clothes quickly getting wet from the rain due to her lack of an umbrella now. As always, it took a few minutes for her to finally speak up.

"Park Ha Joon..." the words felt bitter in after not being able to bear to say them out loud until this day since last year, the last time she was able to come. "Park Ha Joon... aishh.. you bastard." a small sad smile crept to her lips. 

"Yah Oppa, you know it's been a rough time since you've left. Your angel of a son won't stop bother me! Ahh that kid." Tiffany became silent again, her eyes drawing sadness. "Don't worry, I'm raising him well. But after all, he takes after his father. And you know, I asked him this morning if he wanted to come visit his Appa and guess what he said? "Ani, today is Appa's and your anniversary, I can stay home today." Wahhh, he sure knows how to talk." Tiffany smiled, one of her hands reaching to  brush a small pile of leaves off of the tombstone, she kept her hand laid on it.

"I'm sorry I couldn't have come sooner, as you can see it's raining quite heavily today... it always seems to rain on the 27th, ah such bad luck we have huh?" she chuckled softly. "But for sure next year, I'll bring Dongho to come see you. He doesn't talk about you much anymore unlike before but I know he misses you. We all miss you. I.."

The rain was lightening up, a small ray of sunlight could be made visible from beneath the crowds of gray clouds. Tiffany's shoes are completely soaked from the rain and sunk deep into the muddy grass, her hair matted on her head and her beautiful formal red underneath her jacket clinging onto her shivering body. But with all this coldness she was feeling outside and inside, she was smiling.

"I miss you." her hand slipped off from the tombstone and back around herself. "Oppa, since today is our anniversary, I was thinking that maybe I coul-"

BRINGNNGNGNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Tiffany reached for her cell phone from her purse and even before she could say hello, a distressed shriek yelled at her.

"HURRY AND COME TO THE HOSPITAL, KEVIN'S HURT."

"Yah yah YAH, what happened?!" Tiffany yelled.

"Tiffany.. Kevin... h-he's.. he's-"

"YAH DONGHO, WHAT HAPPENED?!"

"Kevin's hurt, he's been stabbed in the chest.” 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Happy Merry Christmas Eve for those who celebrates it! :D

Sooooooooo sorry for the long wait, I know you guys must be itching to find out what happens! I apologize for this short update but I wanted to update as soon as possible this week. I'm not sure if I'll be able to update again for a while, I GOT A JOB! I work at a preschool now and I start on the 6th of next year, ahhh so excited for my first job!

Anywho, I'll be hopefully updating more often now. It took me awhile to update this one cause what happens after this is BIG and I was having a bit of writers block trying to piece everything together.

Stay tune! I haven't forgotten about our poll either, the next chapter will be supppper long (well longer than usual) and will have a piece of everybody in there.

Thank you for viewing, please subscribe and comment if you likey~

[don't forget to read chapters 1-3 if you haven't already, I've edited/changed them]