Chapter 19

I'm your nanny

Never have Jessica thought that a swollen ankle could be this painful.

It is seriously underrated. With alot of effort, it took her almost 2 weeks to recover and she reminded herself that nothing good comes out of day dreaming about boys in class. 

During this time she haven't contacted TOP in anyway, mostly because she felt a little sore that TOP didn't fight for her at that moment. Then she began to wonder whether what Jonghyun said all these while were true. That maybe TOP didn't really liked her afterall and she didn't mean that much to him as she had imagined. And who would be crazy to pick a fight with a guy in the middle of hallway just for a girl?

Well Jonghyun did. He even carried her and walked out of the hallway. He just has no shame doesnt he? Jessica thought to herself and let out a depressing sigh.

" What are you sighing about on a nice weekend. You know you should stop being so grumpy. It gives you wrinkles, " Jonghyun said, taking a seat at the kitchen counter. 

" Toast for you?" He offered her some breakfast, but Jessica declined. The fact is she was already up since 6a.m, and it was barely easy breaking herself out of Jonghyun's arms.

Lately he's been using her as his bolstor and overtime it sort of became a natural thing for them. No matter how she wriggled herself out she'll still find his legs and arms wrapped around her sooner or later anyway and so it started, the strange physical closeness between them she'd learned to withstand and at times, enjoy the comfort of that warmth. She must admit, especially on those rainy nights where you just need that extra warmth to send you to a good sleep, the sleepy puppy always finds his way to waist, hugging her from the back. And even thought she'd always budged and kicked him, he'll never let go and hugged her even tighter till she stopped putting up a fight. She's never really sure if he was really asleep or just pretending to not be awake and aware of what he's doing. Either ways, she can't deny that it is rather nice sometimes.

" Oh yeah, mum called today, " Jonghyun remembered.

" Don't speak with your mouth full, " Jessica reminded him as she began flipping through the newspaper. She didn't even have to look up to know what he's doing. They already sound like a married couple, and that thought scared Jessica a little. Was she already so used to being around him that maybe, she would not be able to do without him?

Jonghyun smirked as he chewed on his food. He loved how she knew him so well. Last 2 weeks have been nothing but fantastic for him. He felt glad for what happened on that day because it seemed like it kept the bugger TOP away from Jessica and in time, he was sure Jessica would completely get over him. It looks like he was going to win the challenge afterall.

Swallowing his food, Jonghyun began again.

" She said to prepare ourselves for their wedding anniversary ball next week. I'm gonna need a new suit and you should probably get yourself a dress.", he poured a glass of milk for Jessica and an orange juice for himself.

" Sweet isn't it?" Jessica said dreamily with a smile.

" What? The milk? Well yeah I'm glad you realized what i go through to get the best quality of milk for you," 

" No!" she frowned. " I'm talking about the wedding anniversary !"

" What's so sweet about it? THey have it like very 10 years or something.. "

" Precisely! It's just.. so sweet that they're always reminding each other of their dedication and love for each other even after they've been married for so long!" Jessica explained, staring at a picture of them hanging on the wall.

Jonghyun followed her gaze and looked at his parents. They look really happy with each other.

" We could do that too. I'll beat that. Say every 5 years?" He nudged her. Jessica laughed. " Whoever said I'm gonna marry you?"

" Oh you mean you were intending not to? " Jonghyun joked, faking a shock expression. " That's a pity."

" Why's that?" Jessica played along.

" Because I'll make a great house husband.. " he answered sarcastically, " and a better cook than you. " Jessica chuckled and playfully hit his arms.

" Come on.. what's so bad about marrying me? Surely there must be at least.. 5 things you like about me! " Jonghyun added. 

Jessica paused a little. While she was careful not to show it out, she gave a thought. 

" Not even a single thing?"

" Nah "

" But you can't deny that I'm a better cook than you! "

" But I can also hire a chef to cook for me! "

" And where would you find such a young, strong and handsome cook like me?" He challenged playfully.

" You seriously need to get your head checked! "   She laughed. 

Jonghyun chuckled. It felt so nice to be laughing and talking to Jessica like that and it made him wondered inside whether he should find some courage to take that step to show her how serious he was beginning to feel about them. 

" Let's say if I wanted to be a nice fiancee today, would you think bringing you out shopping for your dress to the anniversary party would be a nice thing to do?" Jonghyun asked, raising an eyebrow at Jessica.

Jessica almost couldn't surpress her smile. Has he always look this cute? If he's going to keep up this way, she suspected that she might forget TOP afterall