The meeting

I'm your nanny

“ You did this!?“ he said, banging the table between them in anger and frustration.

A photo of what looked like a tough but helpless looking boy being hung on the school’s flag pole flew across and landed infront of him. Jonghyun think his father must have found it embarrassing and stupid, but he found it incredibly funny now that he sees the photo of it. A smirk broke out across his face that his father saw before he could cover it with his hand. That prompted another slam on the table and two more days added to his three day he were supposed to be grounded for. But obviously this was only a temporary solution as he was back smirking about it the next day and his lips are always prone to a curl whenever he thinks about it. Serve that guy right for not knowing where he stands.

 Although causing almost every form of trouble outside and inside home has been something Jonghyun does on regular basis and everyone has learn to get use to, his father never quite learn to accept that and still gets this angry every single time.

“ I think I need to deal with you the hard way. “ his father informed him during dinner on Friday night.

Jonghyun stopped chewing for a moment, what did he have in mind?! Surely.. it’s not boarding school.. or.. God.

“ What way?” Jonghyun asked, but his father didn’t reply. He was taking another business call and had began walking out from the dining room.

“ Don’t worry about that dear. I’ll talk to him about that. But you must learn to behave better okay? You know your father’s been getting more stressed up about you lately.. and you’re not that young anymore.. You have to stop playing around. “ his mother said. Jonghyun was quite tired of hearing this again and again. Although he really do love his mother.

So instead, he took a sip out of his glass, got up and bent down to peck his mother’s cheek and grabbed the jacket off the chair.

“ Where are you going?”

“ The club. Don’t worry and don’t wait up for me! “ He smiled and waved bye. Jogging down to huge garage near the garden, Jonghyun told one of the workers to get the door open. It was gonna be another fun night. Seeing that his father seemed pretty serious about this whole harsh reform thing he decided he would just enjoy the party and not stir any for tonight. It was all good, he smiled and got into his car.

--

A few months of vacations passed just like that and before he knew it, it was the last weekend before school starts again.

The sun was already sipping through his silk curtains as he layed in bed. It was a Saturday ; perfect for sleeping in. Any other day was spent like this and no one gets in his way. No one.

" Get your lazy out of your bed.It's 9.30am!", a voice pierced into Jonghyun’s ears. His eyes cracked open and his head shuddered violently as the shouting yanked him into consciousness.

Still, he didn't move. His head remained dug into his pillow. It was a saturday morning and there was no way he was gonna get up right now. He was too sleepy to think about how this person even managed to get into his room but of course that didn’t matter as long as he gets his sleep for now.

His room was quiet again.

But then out of the peacefulness of his room, it suddenly happened. Like a mini hurricane, an enormous strength kicked through his stomach. He flipped. Blankets flew out first, pillows followed. Jonghyun almost choked on his own saliva as his body suffered the blow.

Feeling the pillows being violently thrown into his face, Jonghyun lost it.

Somehow, there was this violent crazy dinosaur wrecking a crazy mess in his bedroom and he was gonna hunt,kill and skin this stupid creature alive at this very minute.

" WHAT THE IS THIS?! " he shouted as he fumbled to get up.

As soon as his last word came out, long fingers pulled him by the ear.

" OUCH OUCH OUCH! " he flinched but succumbed to the pain that was leading him to his bathroom. His feet struggled to catch up with each other as he was dragged across his room.Then when he finally could see himself in the big bathroom mirror, she let him go.

Woah, he honestly thought he was manlier than this! WHO WAS THIS CRAZY ?!

" Good morning Kim Jonghyun, you have exactly 1600 seconds to wash up after which, I expect you to be all clean and sober. ", she ordered with ease.

" 1600 seconds!? Am i suppose to decode that ?! "

" It's 20 minutes you idiot, can't you calculate? Get going now, that's 3 seconds gone. "

He looked up at her in irritation. Finally, he got a good look at this nightmare he was having.

Blonde long hair on porcelain white skin, the girl stood with her hands rested on her small curvy hips. She stared right back defiantly at him. She looked pretty normal and plain for such a pain in the .

" It's 5 seconds now. "

" Who the are you?! "

" Your nanny. "

" My.. WHAT?! "

" Your nanny. Because you refuse to grow up so you parents hired me. Now get in there before I make you. "

" Make me? Oh wait.. okay okay i get it now.. "  Jonghyun ran his fingers through his hair, now it started to make sense. He was laughing as he pieced them together "so what happened last night? Okay look, maybe I had said or done weird things when I was drunk but I’m so sorry okay? I don’t really do these things and I think we didn’t do anything last night, I think I’m quite sure about that but nanny.. that's a good one.I mean wow, that's kinkiness to the next level. " He looked at her again, it’s not a bad catch.

But rather than laughing shyly or apologizing, she remained on the same spot, shooting pitiful shot of disdain at him. "Get in there right now before I call your father. Unless you wanna say goodbye to your credit cards, move NOW. "

" What? "

" I don’t make jokes, especially and specifically with you because you look like a who wouldn’t understand anyway "

" Wait.. I don't get it!? " he was confused now.

" You will when you come out. "

" What's going on?", okay now he was seriously confuse. He thought this girl was the one he somehow brought home last night?! God.. did he actually sleep with her?! That can’t be right! He haven’t even sleep with his own girlfriend yet!

" MOVE! " she said, re-enforcing her words with a kick on his back that sent him straight front then she shut the door immediately.

" 1400seconds left. And you're disgusting. " she shouted over the door.

The splashing sound of water finally came on as she moved across to the other side of the room. Surveying the large bedroom now, she had to admit that this boy was treated like a true prince. King size bed, polished and expensive looking furnitures, large tv, huge walk-in wardrobe..

She trailed her perfectly french manicured nails along his leather couch, her eyes moved across the space as she studied the content of the room.

Minimal books on the shelves, excellent collection of toy cars, no photos anywhere, lots of sports trophy..

" So what’s your name again? " Jonghyun broke the silence. He was toweling his hair dry half- while he walked towards his walk-in wardrobe some time later. She picked up a marker and walked towards him, unaware of the fact that he was only wrapped in a towel.

"Jessica", the girl replied sharply as she looked up. Jonghyun spun around to meet her eyes, only to realize a second later that he had already removed his towel to get dressed and that this was his dressing room that she shouldn’t be in.

And the towel was on the floor.

 His eyes widened in horror as the possibly most embarrassing moment of his life was happening. Jessica didn’t take a breath in before she screamed out at the top of her lungs, “ GOD PUT SOME CLOTHES ON!“.

Immediately like a reflex, the boy scrambled for his towel with a burning red face.

She cannot look at him in the eye. In what other job do you see your client ?! Only one other occupation pops up immediately to mind. Which isn’t that encouraging.

Jonghyun can feel his face flaming with embarrassment. What kind of surreal weirdness is this, that he is standing in his own bed room with a girl, pretty much a stranger to him,being practically ?! And she don’t seem like the sort to forget things like these easily. God, he hoped she wasn’t gonna tell anyone else about this or even mention another word about it ever again. Why was she intruding his privacy anyway?!

The next few seconds was tensed and not to mention, incredibly awkward. Jessica finally managed to walked out, easing the tension finally and waited for him to get dress.

Pulling herself together, Jessica was trying to focus, except that her brain cells were falling all over the place with fragments of his lower body images in her head.

NO NO NO. Jessica, you did not see his OH GOD WHAT AM I SAYING?! I.DID.NOT.SEE.ANYTHING!!!!

She hit her head a few times, then hold them together, as if to piece them together but in every few macro seconds she could see pictures of his floating around her head in random brain fibers again. DAMN IT THIS IS SO ANNOYING !!!!! She wanted to scream her head off. No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn’t get over it!!! It was her first time ever seeing something so horrifying and she wasn’t sure she would ever be able to just forget it. This boy was already a problem for her on their first day together. GOD!

Jonghyun wasn’t quite sure how to put himself, thanks to her sudden rude invasion of his privacy now he lost that momentum and couldn’t be his usual cool self. Great, now I have to be this awkward turtle prancing around you. Thanks a lot Jessica, you stupid retard. Jonghyun tried hard not to mumble senselessly to himself in frustration as he reminded himself to remain cool. Just like how he should be. Kim Jonghyun is the cool guy afterall. He walked towards his study room section, honestly he didn’t even know why they made that corner up. It’s not like it wasn’t obvious that he was the last in class for almost his entire life.

He cleared his throat. Jessica almost jumped up, she was a bunch of walking nerves. Thanks to his… NO JESSICA YOU DON’T SAY THAT P WORD! She opted to remain calm. And very professional. Very. That’s the correct P word she should think about.

“ So.. explain to me again why you are here?”, he managed out in his best I’m-cool voice and laid casually on his long leather sofa. Jessica was standing in a straight posture, far to straight he reckon, for anyone at this age. She was like a geography teacher or something. Or maybe just some old grumpy nerdy person. They said it takes 7 seconds to form first impression, he must say she’s not doing too well.

 “ Let’s introduce ourselves again. I’m Jessica Jung, your nanny,” she stuck her hands out, eyes signaling him to shake it. He looked at her, scoffed and rolled his eyes. Jessica instantly grumbled and smacked his head hard with no mercy.

“ OUCH! “ he covered it immediately but it still hurt. What is she?! The terminator?!

“ CAN YOU STOP DOING THAT?! “ he shouted at her.

“ I will be with you 24/7 from now on to guide you with your messed up, goal-less life and reshaped your character so that you may integrate into the society,” Jessica informed him, almost as perfectly as she had planned.

“ The is that?! Are you the principal or something?”

“ Right, you’re dumb. Okay let me make this simple and clear to you. If you wanna get into college and take over your father’s business eventually, you have to sort of your screwed up life. And of course your attutude. Because it ,”

He stared right back at her. Is she crazy?!

“ What’s wrong with me!??! “

“ how about what’s right with you?”

“ I’m doing just fine okay?! This is ridiculous, I don’t need any help from anyone and I’m gonna call my dad and tell him to get rid of you. And for the record, I definitely don’t need advice from someone who wears a grandma top like you, “ he said, pointing out her ugly old white shirt that was buttoned almost all the way up. URGH. She wanted to slap him. It’s not a grandma shirt. It’s called being neat and professional. But nevermind, that insult was a small issue because he’s just ignorant, on top of being an of course. 

“ Okay call him then, see who he’ll side. If you lose the bet you’re gonna do your own laundry for 5 hours.” Jessica looked way too confident and something tells Jonghyun that she was right. He probably shouldn’t take that risk. Besides, he can’t have his credit cards cancelled. Definitely not. That’s a bigger issue to handle than this crazy Jessica. Besides she’s a girl of about 164cm weighing maybe 55kg, what damage can she do anyway.

“ Okay so what do I have to do? By the way you seriously need to fix your stupid violent habit.It’s crazy okay? And it puts my life in danger everytime you do it! “he figured he was better off trying to negotiate with her rather than rebelling.Not like it’s gonna work.

She was taking a seat infront of him now.

Studying him silently for a few seconds, she finally began speaking.

“ So I had a good long chat with your parents this morning and it’s clear to me that they’re a couple of utter morons.” She said.

“ What?” he replied, knocked off for about six seconds before repeating with an angrier tone. “ WHAT?!”

“ Come on, you know what I’m talking about.. your father and all his “I’m the boss” attitude, your mum and her soft little missy voice.. “ she rolled her eyes.

“ What?” he asked again, though this time so high that only dogs could hear.

“ You don’t ing say that about my parents okay!?” he objected, standing up from his chair but Jessica just say smiling back at him with a big smirk plastered across her face.

“ So we’ve established that you do care about your parents and feel something towards them. Good. That’s a start,” she said, taking out a small notebook from nowhere and began scribbing something on it.

“ You smoke?”

“ no.”

“ Do drugs?”

“ no! “

“ Okay good to know.”

“ Wait! I don’t get it! What are you doing!?” he asked, so Jessica explained in her cross arm and leg position that she was testing him to see if all his misbehaving was aimed at getting back at his parents for something, or whether he had his own agenda. In this case, it was clear that he was just messing around for the fun of it.

“ So why do you go around causing havoc? “

“ Why do you?” He answered, cleverly turning the tables on her.

“ Because I like knowing that I am strong enough to and it feels good to have people praising me for being daring and cool.”

“ Really?” he snorted.

“ Is it what’s that its like for you?”

This Jessica character was clearly a tricky person and no mistake. He confirmed everything with a little can’t-be-bothered nod.

“ Who needs to grow up when you have all this money, big house to live, reputation and fame right?” she asked.

“ I don’t know, is that right?” Jonghyun asked back. It sounded like Jessica have some issues with her self-confidence but he will keep that to himself for now.

“ Is what right? That you want everyone to see what a big man you are?”

“ I don’t know. Seems to me that you’re more likely to be the big man if you don’t go around throwing your weigh and boasting. Don’t you think? “ he replied, rather cockily. Jessica nodded for a few seconds, the scribble more notes onto her little notebook. “ What are you writing?” Jonghyun asked.

“ What’s it got to do with you?” she mumbled without looking up.

“ Everything! That’s me you’re writing about it there isn’t it?”

“ What makes you think that? “ she asked, fixing him with her stare.

“ What? Well isn’t it? That’s sort of like my file so that’s me you’re writing about” he said, but Jessica just huffed.

“ Got a big head, haven’t you? My life don’t revolve around yours even though you like to think it is. So what’s your name derp? Jonghyun? “ she said, then continued scribbling.

He sat, absolutely puzzled by her shifting attitude towards him, and wondered how much of this was a game, and how much of this was her genuinely not liking him. Jessica finally stopped writing and closed the note book and Jonghyun seized the chance to snatch it. Jessica didn’t even flinch or fight back. He quickly flipped through it but he only see.. drawings? What?

“ What is all these ?!?!” he said, throwing the book back at her.

Jessica smirked. “ I have a good memory, I don’t have to jot it down. Do you honestly think I’m as stupid as you?” she mocked.

Jonghyun felt slightly disturbed her because everything about this girl was something he had never seen or know before. Truthfully it was quite scary. She was.. not normal and definitely unreadable.

“ Now I’m gonna start with ground rules first then following that I’ll start teaching you everything as days go by, “ she said, suddenly producing again, a piece of paper magically and handed it to him.

“ How long will I have to be with you?”, he said as he scanned through the rules typed out.

“ I don’t know. Could be 3months,6months,9months,3 years? Depending on your progress. But looking at you, I must say maybe 3 years?”

“ THAT”S-“

“ Let’s go through. Rule no.1 , no swearing. It’s vulgar, crude and distasteful. You’re definitely not gonna take over any company with all those f words that you use to punctuate your sentences. For the record, there are actual punctuations that you should use. Like full stops, commas, lots of them. Oh speaking of that, I sure hope your English is as good as your Dad mentioned it to be.”

This girl is unbelievable.

“ Of course I know. My English is perfectly fine! I studied in the states for more than half of my life!”

“ 7 years in California. That’s not half of your life. Half of 19 is 8. You .”

“ FINE WHATEVER OKAY?! Anyway it’s better than yours! And how do you know how long I’ve been in there?! ”

“ You’d be surprised. I even know your favourite dish. Sadly, that’s part of my job. And by the way, I speak much better English that you”

“ Why are you so sure of it?!”

“ Try me, “

“ Okay let’s converse in English from now on.”

“ Fine by me,” Jessica laughed. This boy had a mental age of a 3 year old seriously.

“ Okay..Where the hell did you come from anyway?”

“ Just.. around. Not that it’s any of your concern where I came from, now I’ll get on with the rest of the rules,” Jessica knocked at her notebook, refocusing her plan.

“ No. “ he said it out loud in defiance.

“ I’m not gonna spend every minute of my day with someone I don’t know. Tell me everything about yourself. “ he ordered. Jessica wanted to roll her eyes. She hated it when he do that whole “cool” thing.

“ Fine. What do you wanna know?”, she hope this won’t take more than 5 minutes.

“ What’s your full name?”

“ Jessica Jung Soo yeon “

“ Why do you have an English name?”

“ Because I do? “

“ What kind of a fuc- I mean .. dumb answer is that?”

“ Then why don’t you have an English name?”

“ Because I just don’t! “

“ Precisely, “ she answered, opening her arms to show him the idiot he was being.

“ Okay then are you from seoul?”

“No. I’m from the countryside.”

“ Oh I see. So you’re a country girl. Okay, wow so a country girl can speak English? Impressivee, “ Jonghyun retorted sarcastically.

“ Are you done?”

“ No.”

“ What’s your age?”

“ a year older than you”

“ Where do you study?”

“ You won’t know anyway,”

“ How are your grades?”

“ Fantastic, straight As, “ Jessica replied sarcastically, obviously irritated at his endless questions.

“ What qualifications do you have to be my nanny? And why does it have to be you? How did my dad found you?”

“ You should just be glad it’s me teaching you not some old grumpy lady who hits you with her 60 year-old shoes okay?” she crossed her arm and mocked him.

“ You’re unreliable! “ he exclaimed.

“ Let’s continue on to the next rule,” she announced, over shadowing his questions once and for all. “ Rule number 2. No returning home after 12am on any day, especially the weekends despite all your urges to party. Rule number 3. Your lessons with me are second priority to your school lessons, all other appointments with friends and girlfriends are to be cancelled if needed be. Lastly, and this isn’t really a rule, more like some sound advice for life: no crying. Everyone takes punishment like a real man,” she warned, catching his attention that there was probably gonna be an unfair punishment for a fair amount for him if he defy this crazy and unreasonable girl. Alright that’s all.” She smiled.

“ That’s all?” he repeated, but with a more defeated and disbelief tone as he held the paper up.

“ Yeah that’s enough for now. Let’s go down for some lunch then we’ll get started with doing the laundry today, “ Jessica told him after they were finally done with establishing their ground rules. Jonghyun’s head was still thumping from all the crazy boundaries.

“ WHAT?! LAUNDRY?! “

Jessica couldn’t help but felt a rush of satisfaction coming over just by looking at his dismayed face that almost cried at her words.She wanted to laugh. “Just kidding. I think your small head can’t take anymore blow for today. Go sort out your schedule today and make sure you’re free everyday from 3pm-9pm on weekday and 1pm-7pm on weekends. “

“ ARE YOU CRAZY!? I have a social life okay!? I need to get out I can’t be spending all my time doing stupid things with you! “

“ For your information, it’s more like you need to spend all those time not going out to do stupid things and spending them with me learning things that are useful to your life. “

“ It’s crazy hours! And what the hell ! 9pm during weekdays?! Come on give me a break it’s school days! Don’t you have to go home?! Are you my neighbour or something? Why do you act like you live 5 minutes away from me!?”

“ I live across your room. That’s hardly 5 seconds away actually,”

“ YOU WHAT?!” he thought he might stopped breathing. This.crazy.girl.lived.in.my.house?!

“ You live opposite my room?! That’s a guest room,” he pointed out in a matter-of-fact tone,hoping she was somehow mistaken. This could not happen to him. It’s gonna be a nightmare. She’ll probably barge into his room and inflict pain on him again EVERY MORNING.

But instead, Jessica didn’t even blink.“ Not anymore. It’s mine. Until the day you grow up, it’ll always be mine. Your dad had kindly arranged for me to be here since my parents aren’t with me in seoul. So please don’t worry about me going home, aww how sweet of you! Look at you, aren’t you such a sweet cute little thing?!” He hated how she was so annoyingly sarcastic. He had to admit, he had never met any girl like her. She was mad, crazy, weird, strange. There was a powerful,scary yet.. intriguing aura about her. Not that it interest him anyway.

“ But still, I have friends okay? Something that you may not have apparently. And what about my girlfriend? I have to spend time with her too!” it was unfair, jonghyun wanted to kill her.She was being unreasonable and who the hell spends so much time with their nanny anyway?!  Is that just some excuse she came up with because she likes him or something?!

But Jessica doesn’t look like she cares. In fact, she was already half way out the door. Replying over her shoulder, Jessica’s tone was relaxed. “That’s your problem. But your girlfriend don’t have to worry. No other girl would take interest in you, much less me. You’re hardly a good catch trust me, “

Jonghyun wanted to submerge her under the water and let her drown in there. He remained seated at his same sofa staring back at her,shocked at her words.

“ What about my social life!?” he yelled, arms flinging up in the last attempt of protest.

“ Use facebook then. Isn’t that what it’s for?” She answered nonchalantly, arms rested against his bedroom door as she leaned on it. “Are you coming down for lunch?”

“ NO "

“ Fine. Suit yourself then. Just to let you know, its roasted chicken for lunch. Your favourite~” Jessica tormented him.

He shut his eyes in anger for a second, but only pictures of roasted chicken came into his mind. On top of that, he suddenly could smell it so strongly. With that he finally got up, stomped passed her without waiting and hop down the stairs.

“ Good boy,” she smiled annoyingly as he brushed passed her.