Saturday Class

In our Next Life

Suzy:

I'm lying in my bed trying to get some sleep but sleep seemed like it won't visit me anytime soon. I sighed, I kept thinking about what happened today, the sadness in his eyes, I can't get it out of my mind. It didn't help either when I saw him tear up.

"Aish" I ruffled my hair in frustration. Why do these feelings have to come and complicate the things which is once simple. Why does he have to like me? And the fact that I like him too makes it more complicated. I wanted to scream in frustration but I suppressed myself. My Dad won't like it if he finds out that I'm worrying about this feeling right now.

I snapped out of my thoughts and calmed myself down when I heard a knock at my door.

"Suzy, why are you still awake? You know you have to attend to school tomorrow" my Mom said.

"I'm sorry Mom. I just can't sleep right now"

"Is there anything that is bothering you? You know you can always tell me." I looked at her, there is sincerity in her eyes. I contemplated whether I should tell her or not considering what my Dad's reaction would be.

"Mom, what is love? How would you know if you love a person?" I asked and her eyes widened.

"Wait, are you in love right now?" she asked curiously.

"No Mom, it's just that what if someone says he likes you, how will you respond?" I asked.

"You have to ignore it. You know you're too young to be worrying about that" my Dad's voice echoed in my bedroom. "Tell me, do you like this guy? Should I send you to him now?" he continued in a threatening voice.

"N-no Dad. Of course I wont" I answered, my voice shaking. This is the reason why I can't acknowledge the fact that Taecyon and I like each other, I don't want to lose my future just because of a petty like. I have this dreams and I won't risk it to be shattered in just a blink of an eye. My father loves me, I know that, thus he didn't want me to get lost on track. He didn't want me to be like those teens in our neighborhood. Him being strict is his way of protecting me and I respect and love him for that.

"Good, now go to sleep now because I don't want you sleeping in class" he said in a strict tone then flashing a smile afterwards. "You know we love you, right?" he asked and I nodded.

"Okay go to sleep now dear. And don't bear grudges on your father. He just wanted the best for you and whoever confessed to you will be willing to wait for you if he trully loves you" my Mom said as she kissed my forehead and I drifted to sleep minutes after that.

_________________

I went to school earlier than usual since I was excited about this special class. I was too early though as I can't even see a single soul. I went to our classroom and I noticed someone was there already. He seemed to have noticed my presence since he looked up and flashed me a smile. I smiled back since I don't want to leave an impression that I'm snub. He walked towards me and we introduced ourselves. His name is Lee Hyun Woo and his bright personality made me comfortable around him. We talked about things and I learned that we had so much in common one of which is the love for Math. Our conversation was cut off when someone cleared his throat.

"Excuse me, I believe you are sitting on the wrong seat" he said in displeasure.

"Hey, Taecyon. Meet Hyun Woo, he's from a nearby school, loves math and is really funny" I introduced trying to break the tension that was about to build up. He looked at me with the same emotion he had yesterday but now it has disappointment in it, I ignored it though, and I gave him a pleading but threatening look. He sighed and he turned to Hyun Woo.

"I'm Taecyon nice to meet you" he said as he faked a smile.

"I'm Hyun Woo nice to meet you too" Hyun woo answered smiling widely. He shook Taecyon's hand and pulled him closer. I looked at them in shock. He whispered something to Taecyon which made Taecyon's face red with rage, Hyun Woo, however, is still smiling like mad.

Taecyon:

"Better not hurt her or I would have to steal her from you". Those words kept ringing in my mind. I glared at Hyun Woo, seriously, what gave him the idea that I would hurt Suzy. I would never do that, not in my life.

"I guess it's a deal then" he said smiling which made me intensify my glare even more. I snapped out of my glaring game when someone smacked my head.

"Yah, I told you to befriend him not make war with him" Suzy said glaring at me which left me speechless.

"Yah, you don't have to do that. I just didn't like the thing he told me" I answered.

"And what did he tell you, if I may ask" Suzy replied.

"I told him that.........." I covered his mouth before he could sputter nonsense.

"It was nothing. He just played a prank on me" I turned at Hyun Woo who is trying hard to get free from my grasp "Now now. Were friends right?" I said with a dont-you-dare-tell-or-i'll-kill-you look which made him gulped in fear.

"I just pranked him that's all" Hyun Woo said but Suzy didn't seem to buy it. She was about to interrogate more when the bell rang and I sighed in relief. We sat in our respective seats and the teacher walked in soon after.

"Since it's our first day in Special class, I wanted to play a game for you to get to know each other. I wan't you to form a pair with someone other than your schoolmates and your partner would me your seatmate for the next six meetings"

I cursed silently in my chair. Why does this teacher have to do this stuff? I kept on cursing when realization flashed into me. There's no way I would let that happen. I turned around as quickly as possible...

"Hey, be my partner"