Feelings

In our Next Life

Taecyon:

The truth or dare ended with all of us blushing, no thanks to Wooyoung and his stupid ideas now I don't even know how to face Suzy. Well, it's like everyone can't face the other now that the secrets are out. I looked at Suzy only to get caught since she's staring at me. We locked eyes for a second then turned away quickly, our faces red. I could sense the awkward atmosphere around us and it's making it harder for me to breath.

The bell rang and all of us let out a sigh of relief. We sat on our respective seats and waited for the teacher to come which took like forever for me.

Suzy:

I was still in shock to the sudden revelations this morning. I couldn't even look at Taecyon straight in the eyes now. It's just weird for me to think of us more than friends but what is weirder is that I felt happy to know that I'm his crush and not some other girls. Now I wonder what could have been my reaction if he didn't choose me, would I be happy? Or is it the other way around?

I shook my head in confusion, I really hate it when I can't find the answer to a certain question. I breathed deeply to calm myself down.

"Is there anything wrong?" Taecyon asked worriedly.

Great, now I managed to catch his attention, which is the last thing that I wan't to happen.

"I'm fine. I'm just thinking about things" I answered.

"What things?" he asked. Oh, how I wish right now that I have the power to turn back time and rephrase my answer a minute ago. I guess I have to confront him now.

"Well" I looked at his eyes seriously "There's this thing I wanted to talk to you about..."

"Good morning class" And I was cut off. I swear I really wanted to shove the teacher out right now. Teacyon seemed to noticed my disappointment and leaned closer to me.

"You know you can talk to me later" he whispered softly which made my heart beat a lot faster and my face red.

"Class listen up, I have an announcement to make" the teacher said in an authoritative voice. The whole class waited silently. "Starting tomorrow, which is a Saturday, we will have a special Math class. What I mean by special is that students from other schools will be joining us thus I'm hoping that you  won't let our school down, do you understand?" the teacher was looking at me when she spoke and I undertood what she's implicating. I certainly won't lose.

"Yes sir" the whole class answered and he smiled contentedly.

Lunch break came and I walked up to my friends. There was no awkward atmosphere between them anymore which is a huge relief, Taecyon however kept on giving me this questioning glances which I don't understand why. Did I forgot something?

"Hey, about what you want to talk about this morning?" he asked, cutting my train of thoughts.

"Oh" I finally remembered. "About that, I was thinking" I bit my lip to calm my nervousness.

"Thinking about what?" he asked.

"About me being your crush?" I answered, my voice shaking.

"Oh, that. I don't know when or how it happened but when you asked me who I like, my mind and heart came into an agreement that it is you" he said nervously.

"Oh" I muttered. I'm really speechless right now as I try to absorb the info.

"If you're not comfortable about it, we could always pretend that as if none of this ever happened and were back to being bestfriends" he said forcing a smile. I could see the sadness in his eyes though but I couldn't do anything about it. I smiled back at him and answered "Very well then, let's pretend that what happened this morning is nothing but a dream"

Taecyon:

My heart shrank at her words. She's willing to forget what happened this morning but it's better than her ignoring me, right? I sighed heavily. How can someone who is looking far ahead to the future does not understand the feeling that I have right now? When did I start having this feeling anyway? And why did I ever developed this feelings only to get rejected right after my confession.

"Hey, we have to go now coz the others already went to the canteen" Suzy said as she pulled me towards the cafeteria. I looked at her hand holding my wrist. When will I ever hold that hand not as a bestfriend but rather something more than that? Never is the most possible answer.

We arrived at the canteen and walked towards our friends. I looked at her hand bitterly as she let go of my wrist. It hurts me that I could never be anything more than her bestfriend. I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Wooyoung calling me. I looked at him and saw a worried expression in his eyes. I smiled at him reassuringly and told him that I'm fine. He saw pass my lie though, as he kept on staring at me trying to squeeze out the thing that is bothering me but I gestured him that I don't want to talk about it and he reluctantly let go.

Suzy:

I looked at the silent conversation between Wooyoung and Taecyon. I can see that Wooyoung is trying to find out why Teacyon is being gloomy today which Taecyon refused to tell. I know about it though, the thing that's bothering Taecyon, it was me, but I can't help him though, I don't want to acknowledge this feeling and I certainly don't want to get involved with it.

"So what do you guys think about our Saturday class?" Wooyoung asked trying to break the silence.

"What would you expect? Ofcourse it would be another torture for us. Math you know" JB muttered bitterly.

"Yah, Math wont be that hard if you just pay attention during class" I retorted which earned a glare from JB.

"Oh yes. Paying attention is really good that you can't even notice what people around you feels about you" Wooyoung said sarcastically. I know where his getting at but I decided to play dumb about it.

"Yah I'm just saying that you should listen to the teacher to learn. Besides, that's the purpose of going to school, to learn. You don't have to be this harsh you know" I said pouting which seems to be effective to Wooyoung as he softened up. I thought it would stop there but then, I heard the words which I least expected to hear.

"The essence of studying is not really learning what is written in the books. We study to familliarize with the world and the books only serve as the windows to the outside world, the real world. The real world mainly consists of people's feelings thus you must learn to respect and understand those feelings either it's directed at you or to somebody else"

I looked at the speaker, he has this desperateness with a mixture of sadness in his eyes which made me feel guilty at the moment but I cant, I just can't acknowledge it.

"Then you should respect and understand my feelings too"

No one's POV:

His heart broke at those 9 words that left and a tear fell in his eyes when he thought no one was looking.