His smile..

In our Next Life

Suzy:

I woke up at the sound of mom calling me downstairs, telling me something about being late. I got up and tried to remember what today is.

"Yah, do you want to go to school or what?" Mom asked me, eyebrows raise. I looked at her weirdly, then something in my head clicked.

"Oh right, it's my first day of school? How could I forget? I'm so stupid" I muttered to myself.

"Yes, and you would be late if you continue your mini drama right there" Mom said. I looked at the time and realized that she was right, I grabbed my towel and sprinted towards the bathroom. I took a quick shower and put my uniform. Mom gave me my sandwich and money and bade me goodbye.

I ran as fast as I can towards school which is 10 minutes away from our house. When I arrived, I was relieved that the flag ceremony has not started yet or else I'm so dead. I walked towards our classroom and sat beside my cousins, Jang Wooyoung and Park Jiyeon, who are busy making new friends, they didn't even notice me sit beside them. I looked at them enviously, i wish I can be as open as them. I hate being this shy type, I really do but I really can't initiate a conversation to some stranger, unlike my cousins who could make friends anytime, anywhere. After what seems like hours of waiting for them to notice me, Wooyoung turned to my direction and smiled at me.

"Hey guys I want you to meet my couzin Suzy. She's shy at first and won't talk too much but when you get to know her, she'll be louder than you guys can ever imagine" he introducedme to his friends.

"Hi I'm Jaebum but you can call me JB" one of Wooyoung's friend said as he held out his hand. I gladly shook it.

"Nice to meet you" I said smiling.

"And I'm IU" she said smiling at me. I smiled at her in return. I don't know but I really felt comfortable with them and for the first time in my life I was thankful to Wooyoung, not that I would tell that to him. We continued our conversation of getting to know each other until the teacher came to interrupt us.

I looked at the teacher excitedly. Well, I always wanted to go to school because I always wanted to learn new things. I was born curious about how the world works. The room was silent as the teacher told us about what to expect during our stay in this school. I listened to the teacher intently but I got distracted when someone laughed behind me. I turned to glare at the culprit but was frozen the moment I laid my eyes on him. His smile, it's just so beautiful, it's as beautiful as the blue sky which can calm anyone's mind. My heart was beating so fast at the moment, and I can't understand why. I snapped out of my thoughts when I realized he was looking at me straight in the eyes with a confused look in his face. I turned to look at the teacher as fast as I could, trying to forget what just happened. I focused on the teacher during the whole class, but I felt someone's eyes are on me. I silently wished that it wasn't him. The bell rang signalling our breaktime. Wooyoung and Jiyeon asked me to join them which I would gladly do. I was about to leave the room when someone stood in front of me, it was him. I sidestepped pretending that I didn't notice him but he held onto me.

"Wait, I just want to ask why are you staring at me a while back?" he asked me.

I turned to meet his gaze and answered "It's because you distracted me with your loud laugh and when I turned to glare at you I saw the most beautiful thing ever." I mentally slapped myself for saying those words. He looked at me curiously then asked, "and what is that thing you saw?"

"You don't have to know" I answered him as I freed myself from his grasp and made my escape. I never looked back at him, I didn't want to get myself close to him because I was afraid of that unknown feeling I felt when I saw his smile.

But then, things didn't really worked out as the way I planned it.