5 years

In our Next Life

Taecyon:

I arrived at school earlier than usual, I don't know why but there is this feeling when I woke up that something good is about to happen. I walked through the empty hallway, then my eyes caught unto something. I looked at the bulletin board, the rankings are posted. Nothing changed though, she's still the top. I looked through the list and I gasped, I blinked my eyes a few more times to make sure I'm not imagining things. When I'm finally sure that what I'm seeing is true, I ran through the hallway screaming with glee.

When I arrived at our classroom, I noticed someone was already there. When I looked closer, it was her, she didn't seem to notice my presence though as she keeps on staring into space. I walk towards her and sat on the chair beside her, still she didn't notice me. I wonder what she's thinking for her not to notice my presence. I stared at her, my eyes examining her face. It's been five years since I met her but I can't still get tired on staring at her whenever she's lost in her own world. I don't know, but there is something about her that keeps on attracting me. Eversince I caught her staring at me, which was five years ago, I felt myself drawn to her. It's like I'm a piece of iron and she's a magnet. Everyday she becomes more and more beautiful, and everyday my attraction becomes stronger.

When I felt that she wont snap out of her dream anytime soon, I made my presence known by clearing my throat as loud as I could manage. She was startled at my action and glared at me. I think it's cute though.

Suzy:

I was lost in this dream, a dream about the future. T'was a pleasant dream and I don't want to wake up too soon but then a certain someone just have to knock it off. I turned and glared at Taecyon as hard as I could. He is unfazed though, instead he was smiling at me like I was amusing him. I intensified my glare but he just laughed me off.

"Okay, what do you want?" I asked coldly.

"Yah, is that how you greet your friend when you see him in the morning?" he pouted and I sighed in defeat.

"Okay, I'm sorry but would you care explaining why you just have to interrupt my dream?"

"It's because I was here for about 15 minutes already but you didn't notice me. What are you thinking of anyway?"

"The future"

"Yah what's so great about the future that you should waste your time here in the present? Can't you just live in the present for once?" he asked and I just raise my eyebrow at him.

"And what do you call about me living here? I'm currently living in the present, you know?"

"You know that's not what I meant. What I meant was try to enjoy your time and dont just waste it on thinking about the future."

"I don't know. There is something about the future that draws me into it, unlike in the present. I hate what we are at the moment. I hate how we are ignorant about things. I hate how we are ignorant about the world" I said which earned a loud sigh from Taecyon.

"You're missing half your life, you know. In the future don't come blaming me that i didn't warn you" he said.

"You don't have to worry about that because I have my future perfectly planned" I said smiling which earned a frustrated groan from him.

"Fine" he said as he turned his back at me. I chuckled at his childishness. I moved in front of him and looked at him in the eyes.

"You know what, I'm really proud of you" I said smiling. He looked at me in confusion.

"What are you proud of me about? When I lose to you everytime" he said pouting.

"Yah, you made it to the top three, how can I not be proud of that?" I said smiling wider.

"I'm not satisfied by it though" he said non-chalantly. I looked at him in confusion, then it began to dawn at me.

"Oh no you dont" I muttered.

"Yah, you were the top student for five years, can't you just let it go?"

"Not in your life" I said. " I swear when I go to the lower ranks, I would ignore you for life"

"Why me?" he asked pouting.

"Because it was you who kept on wishing for my defeat" I said glaring. 

"I'll look forward for that day to come then" he said smirking. I was about to answer back but someone just have to interrupt me.

"Yah, Suzy and Taecyon, your here already?" Wooyoung's voice echoed in the room.

"Like duh? What do you call us standing here?" I said glaring at him.

"Oh. I'm sorry if I interrupted your date" he said sheepishly. My eyes widened. Just what is this idiot talking about? I turned to look at Taecyon, his cheeks now has a tint of pink. Is he blushing? I questioned in my head.

"Sorry guys but we have company" Wooyoung said as Jiyeon, JB and IU walked into the room.

"Yah, are we interrupting something?" JB asked.

"No" I answered before Wooyoung begin blurting out nonsense "we were just playing when you arrived" I added.

"And what sort of game are you playing?" Jiyeon asked.

"Truth or dare" Wooyoung answered and he winked at me, I just glared at him in return.

"That's interesting, can we join in?" IU asked excitedly.

"Okay" Wooyoung answered, and I cursed him for speaking so fast. Now I have to put up with this stupid dares and questions.