Daydreaming

Accidentally in Debt

It was raining at the day when I first saw him. At first I thought he was the most stupid person I'd ever seen in my whole life. But then I realized. He was the most beautiful creature God ever created in this boring world.

I would never forget that smile he shown on those plump lips of his.

---

"Myungsoo, you're here again like I suspect." The boy with dark brown locks came heading toward me with a big grin on his face. I just scoffed, complaining at why should he disturbed my peaceful nap under my favourite, large old oak tree behind the school building.

"Didn't have enough sleep at home did you lazyass?" He teased me who was just rolling over to the opposite side to continue my sleeping ritual. God, couldn't this annoying boy leave already, I just wanted to do my hobby without any disturbance, yeah sleeping was my hobby and you shouldn't judge me because, who didn't like to sleep? It was a heaven on earth, the only activity which I treasured the most.

"Okay, I don't think you would move any soon even the earth collapse in front of you though."

He finally stood up and stretched his arms, inhaling the fresh oxygen deeply and looked so refreshed aftermath. 

"Hey Hoya! Myungsoo! Why don't you both join to play?"

The said boy glanced at me who was still lazily laying there as he sighed while shaking his head.

"I want to! But I think you should kick the ball right on Myungsoo's face first to wake himself up."

I suddenly glared at the male, however he was just shrugging and grinned, proud of his sarcasm remark that it finally caught my attention to sit up from my current position. Of course he awared that I was going to chase his off as he immediately run away toward the schoolyard to join our other classmates who were playing soccer.

When I was about to reach the field, suddenly the sky was covered by some thick dark clouds. We were pretty sure that pouring rain would fall over the land soon and we didn't want to soak our uniforms so it was better if we halted our game and immediately went back to class even if the bell wasn't going to ring in seconds,

It was raining so hard at the day. But it wasn't like I was going to complain. To be honest I love rain so much. I loved the smell of it, the cold temperature which was thrilling my flesh but not as infiltrating like the snow would do in the winter. It was like even the plants were being grateful that they could drink the water as much as they want unlike the sunny days.

And of course the ramyun would taste better if I ate them in rainy weather.

The class period was finally over, i quickly packed up my books to store them inside my locker. After I changed my shoes I hurrily took my black umbrella which I already prepared inside my backpack due to the mainly rainy season which I enjoyed so much. Of course my destination before straightly went home was the minimarket nearby our school, to fetch my needs which was my favourite kimchi flavored ramyun.

As I walked down the pavement with earphone plugged on my music player, listening to my preferable genre of music on playlist. i hummed along with the melody while holding on the umbrella tightly. As usual, through my way to the minimarket I would pass by a usual crowded park which now being empty due to the heavy rain. 

Except for a single person who was squatting there at the middle of the place.

What was that person doing under the rain like this?

Looking at the posture and the outfit, I guessed he was a boy, around my age. He seemed not care about getting soaked by the massive liquid drenched over his skinny figure. 

But the weirdest thing that smack on my sense was, he actually was holding on a bright pink colored umbrella yet he wasn't functioning the thing as it should be. He didn't protect his own self with the object but a certain small cardboard box in front of him.

"Is it delicious?" I could hear his voice, muttering to the box by himself. Perhaps he was a psychotic or insane person so I just had to ignore him and directly went away from the spot. But somehow I was being overly curious.

I stayed at my current position for a while, waiting for the boy to move but he won't budge. The rain was starting to calm down and became much lighter. The sun was starting to peek out behind the clouds again and just in some seconds the sky was crystal clear again. I folded my umbrella while still staring at the boy who looked so innocently happy over the sunshine which now replaced the dark clouds.

"Hey it's sunny again! Should I go now?" He talked to the box again before standing up high. i meant, he was really tall, maybe a bit taller than me.

"I really want to bring you with me but... My place won't allow me to have you there so..." He scratched the back of his wet head while pouting so adorably. Wait, what? Why did I think that way?

"But don't worry, as soon as I finish the house for you, I'll come back again and bring more food!" He smiled widely and frankly I admitted that he was kind of... Cute? Nah just weird.

He waved at the box before skipping cheerfully like a little kid to the opposite way of where I was standing on. Immediately, me who was being such a curious boy, ran to the box to see what was its content.

I was quite impressed with what I was witnessing inside the container. There were three little kittens which were sleeping peacefully under a small pink cloth which seemed so warm over their tiny features. And there were also small bowls filled with some cat foods and the other one contained some remaining milk.

So previously, the weird boy was actually protecting these minions from the rain? Well he might be a little stupid for soaking himself under the rain when he was just could bring them home if he wanted to. But I thought I heard that he wasn't allowed to so... i found his action was kind of adorable rather than stupid.

I took a picture of those poor kitties with my phone and somehow it came out blurred, not what I aimed for. Maybe I should brought my favourite dslr tomorrow.

On the next day, it was raining again. Like I mentioned yesterday about why should I brought my camera instead of only using phone's camera I did. I carried the waterproof one since of course I didn't want to soak my lens under the pouring rain and in addition it would took better picture under the raindrops.

Once I arrived at the park just like the previous day, I noticed the boy was already there. Except, he came with a raincoat while settled up a small house made of plastic platforms for the kitties. I secretively zoomed my lens over the boy without him noticing and captured every movement he made while building up the tiny residence for those kittens.

When I said every moment, yeah I took seriously load of pictures of him. Different of what my first intention was of taking the pictures of those cats, I took pictures of the mysterious boy instead.

Everyday I did the activity as my routine. Snapped some pictures of the lanky boy after school time ended. And I always ended up smiling while monitoring my collection photos of him in my camera. In rainy or sunny days. He would always came for his secret pets at the park.

His gummy smile, his bright sparkling eyes, his caramel locks. I didn't know why but they relieved some hard feelings inside my chest. Like there was problem no more weighed my life. When I saw his smile, I felt so enlighten. And I knew I was addictive to see him. Even when I didn't know his name yet.

So at this certain day I came altogether with my camera like usual, waiting for the boy to show up. I was sitting under the tree nearby his kitty house, prepared for my (stalking) routine to took some pictures. 

However he was a bit late at that day I think. Hours were passed and there was still no sign of the adorable boy at the place. I've already walked around the park for several times, played with the kitties, sat on the swing by myself but he wasn't showing up even after the sun settled. I sighed in disappointment when it was dark already. Even the kitties looked rather sad for him not coming today. So I bought some sausages at the minimart accross the park and fed the kitties by myself.

I wondered why he wasn't show himself up on that day.

I came again on the next day, but he wasn't there again. Tomorrow, day after tomorrow, a week had passed. And I never saw him again since then. Now it was me who daily giving the kittens some food at his place.

Was he being busy or something did happened? I didn't even know him but I was so worried. Maybe he was involved in some kind of accident without me awared. Just by the thought I was being frustrated.

Without losing any hope I came again to the park, only wanted to make sure that I was able to see him again. And fortunately I did, I finally saw the person I'd been waiting for a week at the usual same spot like before.

However there was something different with his usual self.

His smile was now replaced with a frown. And some teardrops were rolling down over his chubby cheeks. Why was he being sad? Seeing his smile no more making me upset also.

"I... I am sorry for not coming..." He began to sob and honestly it wrenched my heart watching him in that way. "I-I... Am alike with you all now..." He curled himself with his face buried on his knees while still crying.

"My parents left me too... What should I do?" 

The kittens were being noisy, meow-ing, seemed like they were trying to comfort the mourned boy if they could. While I wasn't able to do nothing but watch over him from distant. How I really wanted to run over his place and hugged him tight, but he might be confused as he didn't ever noticed my presence. I also didn't know what to do. I was just being a fool statue which standing still from afar.

Yes, what should I do? What would you did if you were me?

---

Haha so the past is revealed!

If you are confused I will explain

In this chapter Myungsoo was 17 years old, at his 2nd grade of high school

while Sungyeol is 18 years old, Sungjong is still in junior high school when their parents passed away.

so this story was no longer comedy, and become angst oh my gosh

I will continue with Myungie's POV on next chapter! See you