The Fair.

Through the Years
[Takes place when Stephanie is 6]

"Appa can we go to the fair?" Stephanie asked cutely while held in the arms of her mom.

"Yea Jessie can we go?" Tiffany asked batting her eyes at Jessica also wanting to go.

"I have to finish this work you two. How bout tomorrow?" Jessica said resuming her work she couldn't finish during the day. It wasn't easy being the owner of a business ya know.

"You said that last night though appa" Stephanie whined, but it did no use since Jessica just ignored it.

Tiffany sighed and turned around "Come on Steph let's go watch cartoons."she said disappointed.

"But I wanted to go to the fair" Stephanie said sadly.

"Shhh it's okay baby, next time" Tiffany cooed to her daughter in her arms.

Jessica sat at her desk in the office of her house and grumbled, running her hand through her hair she knew what needed to be done.

"Come on get ready, we leave in five minutes" Jessica hollered throughout the house.

[Takes place when Stephanie is 10]

"Come on mom, let's go." Stephanie said pulling her mom to a fair booth with Jessica following close behind.

"Alright, alright. I'm coming" Tiffany replied speeding up her pace trying not to be dragged by her daughter.

"Step right up pretty lady, just knock down the bottles and you can have yourself a prize. One dollar for three balls. How bout a go." the guy in the booth said very quickly making it hard to understand.

Tiffany payed the man and picked up one of the balls. She aimed for the middle and.... She missed... Tiffany mearly shrugged it off and tried again successfully knocking only the top bottle down. She had one final try to win a prize a blew it when she messed up her throw because Jessica had sneezed.

"Oh woah woah, sorry little lady would you like to give it another try?" the man asked Tiffany who once again paid.

One dollar after another and Tiffany and still not managed to win, instead of being disappointed it made her more determined, it made Jessica lose money, made Stephanie feel embarrassed and made the booth man a good sum of money.

"Again." Tiffany said determined as she slammed the money on the booths counter, it was already the fifteenth time the girl would be trying and the man was confident she wouldn't get any bottles down...

Stephanie watched her mom throw the ball and miss, she threw another and that to missed. Stephanie covered her eyes unable to watch her mom fail again until.

QUE BOWLING PINS FALLING SOUND

She got it! With the last try she had Tiffany finally knocked down the bottles.

"Yaaaaayyy" Tiffany squealed happily while jumping up and down.

"Alright M'am pick your prize." the man said with false happiness.

Tiffany picked up her daughter and whispered "Go ahead, pick one". Stephanie looked at the prizes and found one she liked.

"That one" Stephanie said pointing to the one she wanted.

"Good choice" the man said handing Stephanie a giant red panda plush toy. (That Jessica would have to be carrying around)

[Takes place when Stephanie is 15]

"Hey Steph let's go to the fair." Tiffany said.

"Mom I'm going with some friends ." Stephanie told her mom while she looked in her closet for some clothes to wear.

"But we go every year together as a family." Tiffany responded quietly but Stephanie still managed to hear.

"We can go tomorrow night mom I want to be with friends tonight." Stephanie said with her back still turned to Tiffany.

"Steph-"

"No mom... I'm not your little girl anymore, I'm growing up.. Maybe you should to." Stephanie said whispering out the last part.

Tiffany's eyes glistened with tears and held back a sob the best she could, doing her best to mask her sorrow Tiffany weakly said "Alright".

Stephanie closed her eyes when she heard her mom leave and sighed heavily. She could just go tomorrow night with her parents why didn't her mom understand that.

"Babe, are you and Steph ready to go?" Jessica asked when she came home from work.

Tiffany wiped her eyes and calmed herself down then put on a fake smile before she went to greet her wife.

"Hey, what's wrong? You hurt is Stephanie okay?" Jessica asked worriedly.

"Oh no we're fine, but today Stephanie's going to the fair with some friends. I guess I got a little carried away because we wouldn't be going as a family. Don't worry though Stephanie said we'd go tomorrow." Tiffany said trying to make everything seem fine.

"Fany, tomorrow the fair is over." Jessica replied bluntly.

"I know" Tiffany sobbed out hugging her wife tight afraid she to would leave her alone on such a special day.

Jessica held Tiffany close whispering comforting words to her all the while managing to lead her to their room where Tiffany fell asleep.

Once Jessica was sure Tiffany was asleep she called and texted her daughter to "Get your home now."

"What's up appa" Stephanie asked walking into the quiet house.

"Go sit down now." Jessica said through clenched teeth, seeing this Stephanie quickly did as she was told.

"Is this about the fair. We can go tomor-"

"Tomorrow it's closed, until next year. Or were you to busy growing up you forgot about that?" Jessica asked sarcastically.

"I'm sorry I did forget really."

"Let me tell you something young lady, I don't care how old you are because if I hear you disrespect your mother like you did again. I will not hesitate to kick your . Understand." Jessica said in a cold serious spine tingling tone. Stephanie nodded her head yes.

"Good, now go to your room. You're grounded I'll be up to get your laptop and stuff." Jessica told her daughter.

"Hmph growing up, she still crys during Lion King, still sleeps with her nightlight and still complains when we don't buy that big box of bendy straws. But she's growing up." Jessica ranted before going to her daughters room.