Sick Day

Overflowing With Kindness

 

HaeWoo's POV

 

I woke up to the smell of food and heard Joon and Seungho talking in the kitchen. Staying under the blanket, I tried to listen in on them.

“I thought we were done saying that she was my girlfriend,” Seungho said.

I could hear the annoyance in his voice.

“We were. But Rain told me what the two of you talked about that agreed him to let her stay.”

What did Seungho say?

“I said that HaeWoo was a girl that needed a place and I couldn't turn her down.”

“That's not what I heard,” Joon said.

I was too busy listening in I jumped up when I heard Thunder greet me.

“Are you okay?” he asked as he failed at holding in his chuckle.

I nodded my head as I got up and stretched out.

“Just in my head, that's all,” I told him.

It didn't take long for me to notice that Mir was still asleep while everyone else was up and getting ready. G.O came into the living room and sat down next to me as he finished buttoning up his shirt.

“I've got good news. Mir is sick and staying with you today.”

“Why is that good news?” I asked, racking my brain for an answer that pertained to me.

“Because it gives you a chance to confess any feelings you may have for him.”

I rolled my eyes as I tried to push G.O off the couch.

“Just finish getting ready,” I told him.

Ten minutes later after the guys left, Mir came shuffling out of his room holding onto his head. I hurried to get him a glass of water and a pill to help him feel better. We sat on the couch and I just watched as Mir took his pill and sipped on the water. As annoying as G.O was when it came to Mir, I wanted to do what he said. I need to tell Mir how I feel.

“How are you feeling?” I asked Mir.

“Pretty good seeing as I have you to take care of me,” he said giving me a smile.

“That's good. Do you want me to make you some soup?” I asked getting up from the couch.

I started to make my way to the kitchen until I felt Mir grab my wrist.

“Actually. Can we just watch a movie?”

I nodded and let him pick the movie since he was sick. I sat back down on the couch with him and half way through the movie, Mir's hand slid to hold onto mine. I looked over at him and he didn't seem to realize what he had done. Continuing to look at him, I smiled and scooted closer to him. By the end of the movie, he had fallen asleep on me and I was forced to stay to avoid waking him up. As I watched him, I began to argue with myself about telling him how I felt.

Somehow I managed to leave the couch without waking up Mir. I began to make some soup for when he woke up and as I was stirring it up I got a text message.

 

Have you told him? - G.O :)

 

No. I don't think I will... - HaeWoo

 

Either you tell him or you will experience the wrath of me! - G.O :)

 

I'm not scared of you! :P – HaeWoo

 

You should be! :P Just tell him! - G.O :)

 

I didn't respond to G.O as I heard the sound of Mir waking up. He came into the kitchen and got himself some juice before standing by me.

I wish I could tell you it smells good but I don't exactly have the sense of smell right now,” Mir said as he looked at the soup.

I laughed as I turned off the stove and went to get two bowls. It was silent as Mir and I ate the soup. My phone kept going off but I ignored it knowing it was spam from G.O telling me to admit my feelings.

Who are you ignoring?” Mir asked me as I turned off my phone.

G.O. He thinks he knows everything. He's annoying.”

I know exactly how you feel,” Mir told me.

More silence followed as we finished our soup. I cleaned up the kitchen while Mir went back to the couch. I heard him with someone on the phone but couldn't tell who it was. Mir only said a couple 'yeahs' before hanging up.

HaeWoo, can you come here?” he asked.

Just let me finish up in here,” I told Mir.

I put away the now clean bowls and walked out to see him standing in the living room.

The boys won't be back until pretty late. Thunder just called to tell me so.”

Alright. Is that why you called me in here?”

No, I have something else to say.”

Mir rubbed the back of his neck nervously and I already knew what he wanted to say.

I have something I want to say too,” I told him.

Pulling me over to sit on the couch with him, Mir looked me in the eyes and spoke.

I want to go on a date with you,” he said each word slowly.

I do too,” I said smiling in disbelief.

Then it's set,” he said taking me hand. “the moment I'm better we go on a date.”

I nodded and excused myself so I could silently freak out in the bathroom. I had gone twenty years of my life without a boyfriend or even a date. Now I was about to go on a date with Mir. Once I had gotten all the silent freaking out over with, I casually left the bathroom and sat down next to Mir on the couch. He had the TV and was watching some sort of drama. I decided to turn my phone back on and tell G.O so he could get off my back.

I groaned when I saw I had twenty missed alerts just from him. He had gotten Thunder in on it to. I had at least ten from him.

I'm going to kill G.O when he gets home. I'm just letting you know ahead of time,” I told Mir as I went through the messages.

Don't do that. You'd go to jail and we wouldn't be able to have our date.”

I looked up from my phone and noticed his cute pout.

Alright. I won't kill him,” I promised.

My phone went off again and I was ready to break the promise already until I saw it wasn't G.O.

 

I heard that G.O was giving you a hard time. I gave him a good smack on the head for you^^ - Seugnho :D

 

I smiled as I replied back.

 

Thanks a lot! :D You're the best!^^ - HaeWoo

 

I put away my phone and enjoyed this random drama with Mir until he fell asleep. I played with his hair as he slept and soon the TV was just background noise. My phone went off and I hurried to answer it before it woke up Mir.

Hello?” I whispered into the phone.

Hey HaeWoo! Why are you whispering?” Joon asked me.

Mir feel asleep on me,” I said my cheek growing red having to admit it to him.

I see. Well we were about to go out with dinner with Beast. Did you want to accompany us?”

But Mir...”

He should be fine. Come on. It's Beast.”

I gave it some thought before telling Joon to come and pick me up. Seeing that Mir was zonked out, I figured leaving him to rest was okay. I got ready and met Joon and the others down at the van.