First Lesson: Compliments

My Little Sister's English Tutor

 

 

 

Chapter 3 "First Lesson: Compliments"

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun still couldn’t believe Baekhyun said he was in love with LuHan. Well, he actually didn’t say. But the elder said that the signs he felt was love. If it was not, then it was crush.

Sehun was on his way to the Lu’s residence. He just finished his shift at the café. After their two-hour lesson, he’d work at the bar again as a waiter. He sighed as he rang the doorbell. His heart started to beat like crazy, again.

A little girl opened the door.

“Hi.” he said with a smile.

The girl’s eyes widened. Then LuHan came.

“Sehun-ah~ Come in.” he smiled.

Sehun stepped inside, the little girl was still looking at him, and heck it felt so uncomfortable. LuHan flicked the girl’s forehead.

“Don’t look at him like that. At least introduce yourself, stupid.”

“Ah~ Yes. Hi! I’m Lu Mei Lin. Your student.” the girl smiled.

“I’m Oh Sehun. Your teacher.” he returned the smile.

 

LuHan was eating a bowl of strawberries while the two youngsters were getting ready for the lesson.

“Why don’t you two do the lesson on the library?” he blurted as he popped another strawberry inside his mouth.

Mei Lin nodded.

“Yeah! Let’s go, Sehun-oppa!” she tugged on Sehun’s arm.

Sehun stood up and grabbed his bag. Mei Lin dragged Sehun to the third floor, where the library was. Once they got inside, Sehun’s mouth gaped open.

LuHan smiled.

“You like it?” Sehun just nodded.

“Here! Oppa, sit here!”

 

Sehun sat across Mei Lin. Sehun took out a pen and a notebook. So did the little girl. Then, LuHan sat beside Sehun and casually continued on eating his strawberries. Mei Lin frowned.

“You’re gonna disturb our lesson, Ge.” she said through gritted teeth.

“No, I’m not. I’m just going to observe…” he glanced at Sehun. “-your lesson.” he smirked.

 

Sehun felt his cheeks burn when the elder glanced at him then smirked. He fiddled with his pen and started to write doodles at the top of his notebook. The youngest scoffed at her brother.

“Let’s start?” Sehun asked. The student just nodded eagerly.

“You don’t have to teach her the basic ones, Sehun. She knows that much. Like introductions, numbers, colors and those stuff.” the elder said. Sehun nodded.

“Let’s start with lesson one, then.” he smiled.

“What exactly is Lesson One?” the little girl asked.

“Compliments.” Sehun smiled.

 

One hour after the lesson, Mei Lin was still eagerly listening to Sehun. While LuHan brought his iPad and started to play Temple Run. Just then, Sehun tapped him. LuHan looked at the younger and hummed as he raised his eyebrows.

“Let’s give it a try, Mei Lin.” Sehun said to his student. Mei Lin nodded.

“Gege, you’re so cool.” she said in English with thumbs up.

 

LuHan scoffed. Then an idea popped in his mind.

“How about this? We’ll take turns and give compliments to each other in English.”

The two youngsters nodded.

“I’ll compliment you Sehun, Sehun you compliment me. Mei Lin, you listen at our accents. You have trouble speaking in a good accent.” LuHan said.

Mei Lin just nodded. Sehun felt his cheeks burn up again. LuHan felt the same. Then, they started.

 

“Sehun-ah~ You’re so intelligent.”

“Hyung, you’re so nice.”

“Sehun-ah~ You’re so cute.”

“Hyung, you’re handsome.”

“Sehun-ah~ You’re very flawless.”

 

And they both went on and on. Sehun’s face was burning up at every compliment his crush was giving him. But the last compliment, totally melted him.

 

---

Sehun brought three bottles of beer at a table. His shift was almost done after a few minutes.

His heart still hasn’t calmed down even after five hours after the lesson. Jongin, one of his hyungs, noticed this.

“Sehun-ah~ Are you alright?”

“Yeah~ Just thinking.”

Jongin nodded. Baekhyun actually told him about Sehun’s little crush. The younger went to the worker’s lounge and dressed back to his casual clothes. His shift was finished. After bidding goodbye to his slightly tanned hyung, he went home.

After a bus ride, Sehun arrived home. He inserted the key to the keyhole. He twisted the knob and opened the door. He took off his sneakers and walked inside. The silence was killing him so he turned the TV on. He went to the kitchen and popped something inside the microwave for dinner.

He flopped down the couch. His body was so tired but he needed to work. He suddenly remembered the quiz they will have that coming Monday. He ran to his room and grabbed a few books. He sprawled it on the coffee table in the living room.

He sat on the cold floor as he started to eat his dinner, casually flipping through notes in his notebook. Scribbling a few reminders and keywords onto a piece of paper. After about two hours of studying, Sehun glanced at his wall clock. 2:34 am.

He sighed and gathered all his books and threw them inside his bag. He went upstairs to his room after throwing the garbage from his dinner. He sat beside the bed then stood up again to prepare for sleep. After brushing his teeth and dressing to sleeping clothes, he ran to his bed and lying down flat like a dead man.

It was a routine for him already. On weekdays. he woke up at seven, then he worked at the café from 8am till 12pm. He went to school from 1pm till 6pm. Then he worked again at the bar from 8pm to 12am. He usually got home at 12:30am. Then he’d study for two hours. Before he falls asleep, the time would likely be 3am already.

On weekends, he woke up at 8am. He’d work at the café from 9am to 3pm. Then he’d study at the public library for two hours. After that, he’d naturally fall asleep in the library. Then he’d work from 8pm to 12am at the bar again.

Now, he needed to squeeze the tutorials to his schedule again. He was so tired of everything.

He sighed as he reached for his handphone. He had a message. He received it about four hours ago.

 

From: Unknown Number.

“Sehun-ah~ It’s LuHan-hyung. Don’t forget to eat dinner, okay? And, about the compliments, I want to tell you, all those words that came from me, they’re all sincerely true. Have a good night’s sleep and don’t tire yourself too much.”

 

The younger now understood why his mind was always clogged up of thoughts about LuHan. The elder was so nice. He cares for him even though they just met like two days ago. All his five hyungs took care of him, but there’s something about LuHan that made him feel special. Just like Baekhyun said, crush.

Sehun smiled as he felt a blush creep its way to his cheeks. Then he suddenly remembered the last compliment the elder gave him.

 

 

 

 

 

“Sehunnie, you’re so beautiful.”

 

 

 

 


EH~? How about this chapter? ^^

Ugh~ Shamelessly advertising my new fic.

A one-shot featuring BaekYeol..

Sleeping Habit: [click]