VOICE

Start Again (Sequel)

I woke up after hearing my phone blasting for attention.
 
I wiped my leftover tears away and got up from my wet pillow.
 
I took my phone and glanced at it before washing up.
 
My phone rang again and I dried my face with a towel.I picked my phone up.
 
"Yah!"I pulled the phone away from my ear slightly and stared blankly for a moment.
 
I pressed it to my ear again,only to hear Daehyun's angry voice.
 
"Lee Hyunmin!This is the millionth time I've called you!What in the,you're usually awake by nine or ten!Do you freaking know what time is it now?!"
 
I stared at my clock and opened my mouth but Daehyun shouted back first.
 
"Its almost noon!Yah,I almost rushed back,I was really close to flying back.In fact I told myself if you didn't answer this call I will fly back immediately.Did you just wake up or what?
 
Because I won't take 'I left my phone in my room' as an excuse.You never leave your phone and I know Jinhyun must have done something to keep you occupied or else why wouldn't you answer my call?
 
Plus your mother should have dropped by to check on you and you won't leave the house without telling your mum.What's Jinhyun doing?I'm at the dorm and I've been calling non stop since I landed.Do you know how many calls is that?"
 
I opened my mouth but Daehyun cut me again.
 
"Its a lot dear.Crap,damn it,I'm babbling again,yah,who asked you to get me worried for no apparent reason?You know how worried I am when I'm not around you,especially when you have Jinhyun."
 
"H-Ho-Honey."My voice cracked terribly,it was all hoarse.My words barely came out as a whisper.
 
"Babe?"
 
I cleared my throat,"N-Nae?"
 
"Oh god,you've been crying haven't you?"
 
"Ah-Ani-Aniya."My throat hurt really bad.
 
"I knew this was a bad idea,damn it,I'm coming back now."
 
"Cha-Chakaman."
 
"Its okay just keep quiet babe,I'm coming."
 
I heard my front door open and my mum's booming voice echoing the walls.She came to my room and I got her to help me.
 
"U-Umma."
 
"Oh goodness what happened to your voice?!"
 
I pointed to my phone and she answered it,"Yeoboseyo?Oh Daehyun dear,"she looked at me.
 
"Oh yes,her voice is terrible,hold on let me check her.Hyunmin,say ah."
 
I stared at my mum and opened my mouth,I couldn't even say ah now,only air came out.
 
"Oh goodness,she's lost her voice,I'm calling the doctor,practice well okay Daehyun?"
 
I bet Daehyun was trying to tell her that he was coming back but my mum didn't take that as an answer.
 
"What are you talking about?I'll look after her,you'll practice and do well,she needs to rest,it'll be fine with me here."
 
My mum was right,she's really good at looking after people.
 
I held my hand out for my phone and my mother handed it to me.
 
"H-Honey?"
 
It was barely a whisper but Daehyun picked it out either ways.
 
"Argh,Hyunmin ah,what happened to you?I barely left you for a day and-"
 
"K-Kwe-Kwenchana,do w-well."My throat was crazy dry and I was about to burst into tears from the pain my throat was giving me.
 
But Daehyun's voice made it a lot better.
 
"Jagiya."
 
"Hmm?"
 
Daehyun's voice cracked,"Babe,oh my goodness look after yourself,what were you doing? I miss you too much."
 
I smiled,"O-Oppa."
 
"Keep quiet you,I love you and your voice did you actually forget?"
 
I shook my head,"Of c-course,I d-didn't-"
 
"Okay I get it I get it you never forget."
 
I giggled breathlessly and my mother touched my forehead.
 
"Get a doctor okay?Damn it,I don't feel like dancing right now."
 
"Hon-Honey-"
 
"Yeah yeah I know,I'll do well,but promise me you'll get better."
 
"N-Nae."
 
He sighed,"Morning is almost over dear."
 
I giggled softly.
 
"Oh dear,you're running a fever baby!"I stared at my mother and I heard Daehyun gasp.
 
"Crap,yah Lee Hyunmin!What did you do last night?!You're sick all over!"
 
My eyes stung a little but I giggled.
 
"Don't giggle dear,I'm really grumpy from not having my morning dose,plus hearing news that you're not well on the first day I leave you isn't making me feel any better."
 
My mother was already busy calling the doctor,or doctors up.
 
"Babe,rest well okay?I'll fly over the moment I have a day off."
 
I nodded,"N-Nae op-oppa."
 
"Love you dear,now get off the phone,I know you love me too."
 
I giggled and hung up.
 
If he was with me,he would probably be making porridge and other warm stuff for me while waiting for the doctor and he would stay by me,hugging me close to him to help me heal faster.
 
If that's possible.
 
But he wasn't here,and since he couldn't see or touch me,he's shouting like crazy on the phone,out of worry and concern.
 
I sighed and touched my tummy,Jinhyun ah,appa is probably blaming himself or something,mianhe,I should have looked after myself better.
 
My mother went to the kitchen and I rested on the bed.I felt like my whole body ached.
 
I looked over to my bag and reached over to grab our notebook.
 
I smiled and opened it,we've had tons of entries in here that changed our lives.Its really amazing how we came this far.
 
I read some of the stuff we wrote and Jinhyun moved.
 
I giggled,Jinhyun ah,this book here,you've got no idea how this brought appa and umma together.
 
Jinhyun was moving around non stop and I could sense that he was excited about something.
 
I couldn't say anything,so I just thought about it,Jinhyun ah,did appa tell you something last night?
 
He continued moving and I got up,what is it?I looked up at the door,you want me to go outside?
 
I went out to the living room and my mother shouted from the kitchen,"I hope you're seated or something dear,I'm not expecting you to be standing and walking around okay?"
 
"Mm."
 
Jinhyun kept moving and I went to the balcony,do you want to see the view?
 
I looked around the balcony and gasped at the plant on the white table.
 
Oh my goodness,Jinhyun ah.
 
He stopped moving then and I couldn't help but smile.
 
This son of mine,collaborating with his father to give me surprises even before he's born.
 
I touched the petals and they turned a beautiful bright orange.It felt so nice,being here with my son,watching the plant appa and umma had to show our feelings.
 
"Ji-Jinhyun ah."
 
I felt like crying again,but my mother called me.
 
"Lee Hyunmin,I said no walking around."
 
I turned to my mum,"Mi-Mianhe."

 

======================================================================================================================================

A/N: Whew! School is tiring. But traveling to school is worse. There's the peak hour and stuff... But I just watched this show on TV and it made me laugh like crazy so yeah,my stress is gone and I wanna sleep early so have a goodnight guys! ^^