Baby Talk

To See You Again

“According to the test results, you are indeed 3 months pregnant Ms. Kwon.” the doctor said.

Jinri closed her eyes as her lips trembled. Her situation never felt more real until she heard the doctor’s confirmation. There was panic inside her. What is she doing to do? How will she raise the child? How will he tell the child his or her father left them? There were just too many questions and she didn’t have any answer.

BoA gazed at her worriedly as they stepped out of the clinic. Their ride home was no better as Jinri sat lifelessly next to her. However, silence broke when they finally reached Jinri’s apartment.

“Here.” BoA prepared a cup of tea for Jinri.

“Thank you.”

“I know I shouldn’t be asking this but is Yunho the father?” BoA inquired cautiously.

Jinri sighed. “Yes. He’s my first boyfriend and definitely the first one I did it with.”

“But didn’t you use…”

“No, we didn’t. I thought it was a safe time. I was so stupid.” She mumbled and combed her hair in frustration.

BoA wrapped her arms around her shoulder and squeezed it gently. “Everything’s going to be fine.”

Jinri buried her face in her palms. “I don’t know. There’s just too much on my plate right now. How am I going to raise a kid on my own?”

BoA took her chin and wiped her tears. “You don’t have to be alone on this one.”

“What do you mean?”

“Go back to Korea and get what is rightfully for your child.”

Jinri shook her head, clearly disagreeing with the idea. “That’s the last thing I want to do. I hate what Yunho did to me, I hate Yuri, and I hate everyone. But they’re happy now. I don’t want to ruin that.”

“And for that, you’re going to ruin your child’s future in return. You’re rich; you can afford to give your child all the material things he would need. But what are you going to say when he or she looks for his or her father? You said you grew up in an orphanage so you must know what it feels like to be abandoned. Your baby deserves a family, Jinri.”

She breathed no word after what she heard. Minutes ago, the idea seemed ridiculous but after what BoA had said, it all made sense to her. She grew up with nothing, not even a memory of her family. Every day, she wondered what it feels like to have a mother, a father and siblings. She thought everything will end up happily when she met them. But Yuri came back, and she was felt all alone all over again.

But that won’t happen again. My child will have a place in the family. He won’t be a replacement, but a priority. He won’t be robbed of everything he deserves. She thought.

***

“Breakfast is ready!” Yuri announced as she settled the platter of bacon on the table.

Yunho and Jun walked hand in hand. The former looked gorgeous as ever in his suit while the former was a mini version of his father in school uniform.

“Bacon! Bacon!” Jun chimed.

Yuri chuckled and put a few strips on his plate. “Here you go, sweetheart.”

 “Umma, I want a brother or a sister.”

Yuri almost choked on her juice while Yunho laughed hysterically. Jun was amused by his parents’ bizarre reaction.

“Where is this idea coming from?” she asked and glared at Yunho.

Yunho waved both his hands, as if denying the silent accusation of Yuri. “Not me. Didn’t say anything.”

Jun grinned. “My classmates have siblings. I want one too.”

“But honey, it’s not easy.”

“But I can have one, right?”

Yunho nodded. “Yes, you can. But not now. Maybe nine months later.” He said and winked at Yuri.

Yuri kicked him under the table which made Yunho wince in pain. “Why would you do that?” he asked while rubbing his legs.

“Because you’re being naughty again.”

Yunho just chuckled but deep inside, he was saddened by the thought that Yuri doesn’t want another child.

***

“Jun wants a sibling.” Yunho told his friends.

“That’s nice. He must’ve been feeling lonely.” Jaejoong said.

Yunho sighed. “But it seems like Yuri doesn’t want one.”

“What? Why wouldn’t she want another child?” Junsu exclaimed.

Changmin sipped noisily from his can of soda and turned his attention to the problematic Yunho. “Well, for one, giving birth is hard. Second, she might want to spend more time with Jun.”

“You really think so?”

“Nope. Just my speculations.”

“Aish.”

Yoochun tapped Yunho’s shoulder gently. “The best way to know is to talk to her.”

***

“Hello, love.” Yunho whispered as he hugged Yuri from the back.

Yuri smiled and leaned her head on Yunho’s chest. “How was your day?”

“Stressful as always but everything just gets better when I see you and Jun.” he said. “By the way, can we talk?”

Yuri turned around and his cheek. “About what?”

“About having another child.”

Yuri looked away and sat on the bed. Silence filled their room for a few minutes until Yunho couldn’t take it anymore.

“I know that came as a shock to you but I really want to be honest right now. I want another baby, Yul.”

Much to Yunho’s surprise, Yuri started to cry. He took her chin so that she would face him.

“What’s wrong?” he asked.

Yuri silently wiped her tears. “I’m just scared of the possibilities. I’m afraid that I would have to go through the whole process alone again.”

That hit Yunho’s heart really hard. But he couldn’t blame her. She had to give birth to Jun without him by her side.

“Sweetheart, that’s not going to happen again. I’m here now. If ever you get pregnant again, we’ll shop for baby clothes together. We’ll design the nursery room together. We’ll choose godparents together. I’ll be by your side during labor. And when you finally give birth, I’ll be the one to kiss you and say that you’ve done a really good job. You see, you are not alone anymore because I’ll be there every step of the way.” he said and hugged her tight.

Yuri, on the other hand, just kept on crying. Yunho pulled the right strings of her heart once again. She never felt more loved than that moment. She felt stupid to even think that she would go through pregnancy alone. She now has Yunho to share her pain.

“You better rest now. Let’s just talk about this when you’re ready.” He said and kissed her forehead. “I’ll just go to the shower.”

But Yuri stopped him. “Yunho…wait.”

“Wha –“

He didn’t finish whatever he was about to say when Yuri kissed him passionately. He was shocked but recovered quickly and followed her lead. Yuri’s lips felt good on his. Soon, they were both out of breath.

“Yul…” Yunho murmured huskily, his voice ier than ever.

Yuri was breathing heavily with beads of sweat already forming on her forehead. “I want you have your baby.”

“Are you sure about this?”

Yuri nodded and that brought a smile on Yunho’s face. “Then let’s make that baby all night long.”

***

“Ailee, I have good news.”

“What is it?”

“She’s pregnant.”

“What?! How is that even a good news? Won’t that jeopardize your plan of getting back with Yunho?”

BoA smirked while holding the phone to her ears. “Nope. That baby will be the key to my success.”