Not Yet

To See You Again

Chapter 20

“You should have come back as soon as you regained your memory.” Yunho said after Yuri told him everything that happened after the accident.

Yuri sighed. “But you’re already with my sister.”

He looked at her and saw the sadness on her face. he obviously hurt her for what he did but he didn’t mean it. He thought she was dead and that just like everyone, he needed to move on with his life.

“About that…”

She squeezed his hand. “You do realize how complicated our situation is, right?”

Yunho nodded. “I’m sorry, Yul.”

“To be honest, I felt angry when I learned about it. Of all the people, I thought you’d be the one who would not give up on me. However, I realized that years already passed and that you all had to move on. You had to move on.”

His heart felt wretched as he heard her honest thoughts. Why didn’t he had more faith that she’s alive? Why did he give up? Now, she’s hurt and there’s nothing more he can do but to face the situation theye were in.

“Yunho, this is not going to be easy. I don’t want to hurt my sister. I don’t want to make you choose either. I won’t even ask you to be with me again. All I want is a father for my son.”

This time, her words killed him. He didn’t want to hear any more of it. However, at the back of his mind, he knew she was right. He couldn’t just tell Jinri that Yuri is alive and that they’re going to get back together. Truly, there was no easy way out.

“I’ll find a way to make the situation better.” He said reassuringly although he himself was clueless on what to do.

Yuri didn’t answer and only their breathing could be heard. When their son entered the living room after they asked him to play outside, they tried to lighten up the mood.

“Umma, is Appa going home with us now?”  he asked innocently.

They looked at each other. Even then, they realized that the complications were just about to plague their lives—starting from their son.

Yuri put him on her lap. “No, honey. Appa has his own house. He cannot go with us.”

“Then we’ll just go with him.”

“Appa’s house is too small for us. But he’ll visit you, that’s for sure.” It broke Yuri’s heart to lie to her son.

Little Yunho’s bright mood turned gloomy. “But family members live together, right?”

“We will live together soon. Appa promises you that.” Yunho said and kissed his son’s forehead.

Yuri liked the way it sounded but it also broke her heart because she knew it was next to impossible at that moment. More so, it pained her to see her son craving for a complete family. It was what her little one have always wanted but even with his father’s presence, they couldn’t give him that.

“I think we have to go now.” She said.

Yunho wanted more time with them but he knew better than to let them go home late. “I’ll take you home.” He offered.

He was expecting Yuri to decline but much to his surprise, she didn’t. They didn’t exactly speak to each other inside the car. The endless stories of little Yunho was what kept the awkwardness at bay. However, when he fell asleep, uneasiness started to form between them. Yunho kept looking at her while she tried to avoid his gaze.

“When will you tell your parents?” Yunho asked.

Yuri sighed. “I don’t know.”

“They miss you, Yul. They would be more than glad to see you again.”

“I’d also feel the same but I don’t think it’s the right time.”

“When will ever be the right time?”

Yuri didn’t answer and closed her eyes, a sign that she didn’t want to continue the topic anymore. Yunho didn’t insist and just turned his attention on the road. In a matter of minutes, they were right in front of Yuri’s home.

“Honey, kiss Appa goodbye.” She told their son.

Little Yunho smiled and kissed his appa. “Goodnight, appa. I love you.”

Yunho hugged his son tight. “I love you, son.” He whispered.

“Goodnight, Yunnie.” Yuri said and squeezed Yunho’s hand.

But Yunho didn’t let her hand go as he pulled her closer to him. They could hear each other’s heart beat.

“I’m glad you’re back. I missed you, Yul.” He said and kissed her forehead.

“Goodnight, Yunho.” Yuri said briefly and pulled away.

Jung Yunho, I can never get over you.

Jung Yuri, my Jung Yuri.