Back From The Dead

To See You Again

It was another busy day in the office. Yunho was checking some papers when Changmin entered his office and went straight to his refrigerator.

Yunho cleared his throat. “Good morning, Mr. Shim.”

Changmin didn’t even bother to look at him as he continued raiding the refrigerator.

“So much for having manners.” Yunho whispered.

“Don’t think I didn’t hear that, Mr. Jung.” The younger man said as he took a bite on a croissant.

“My point is stop eating all my food. You can put a refrigerator in your office just so you know.” Yunho pointed out.

“That would cost me a lot.” He answered and had a mouthful of kimchi chigae.

“You are…I give up. You’re impossible.”

“I know.”

Yunho suddenly remembered what Yuri said few nights ago about Changmin. She said something was bothering him. He doesn’t usually meddle in his affairs but his wife begged him to check on him.

He sat on the chair opposite Changmin and observed him. The latter put down his spoon as his eyes narrowed.

“For the record, you’re creeping me out.” He remarked.

That was when Yunho snapped out of what he was doing. “I was just…Uhm. Uh.”

“You were what?”

Yunho composed himself. “How have you been doing lately? Anything new?”

The maknae sneered and took out a can of soda from the refrigerator. “Not answering any of your questions.”

“And why is that?”

“Because you’re creepy.”

“I’m your hyung. I’m just concerned.” Yunho reasoned out.

“You’re a funny guy, Jung Yunho. Like I’m going to believe you in a thousand years. Your wife begged you to spy on me.” Changmin said and he saw how Yunho’s eyes widened, his lips formed into a deadly smirk.

“No. She didn’t.”

Changmin shook his head and sipped from his can. “You’re not good at lying. You can’t fool me.”

“Damn.” Yunho muttered under his breath.

“Busted!” shouted Jaejoong, Junsu and Yoochun who had been listening to their conversation the whole time.

Junsu patted Yunho’s back. “You never learn hyung.”

Yunho glared at him as he grabbed a drink for each of his friends. He missed hanging out with them. Ever since Yuri came back, he had been busy being a husband and a father. Well, except for Changmin who constantly visit his office for food.

Yoochun sat beside Changmin. “Seriously, Min. what have you been up to? How’s the thing with Sooyoung?”

Changmin sighed in frustration. “Why are you all obsessing about me? I know I’m the most good looking here but please. Just please stop invading my privacy. And about Sooyoung…you can’t even call it a thing. We just…ate.”

Jaejoong rolled his eyes. “Ate? Seriously? Damn. When are you going to get laid?!”

Junsu chuckled crazily. “Funny thing about getting laid, you know the daughter of CEO Lee? Yes, my friends. That hot girl. We –“

“Woah. Woah. Stop right there, buddy. We don’t need the details. We get it. You’re banging a girl. Let’s leave it to that.” Yoochun said.

“Ugh.” Changmin said.

“Disgusting.” Jaejoong added.

“Unbelievable.” Yunho remarked.

Junsu glared at his friends. “You all act like you don’t do such things.”

“Well, at least not Changmin.” Jaejoong said with a grin.

Changmin scowled at him. “Spare me from your dirty practices.”

Junsu laughed in mockery. “Dirty? Young man, you must be kidding me. It feels like heaven especially when –“

Once again, he was interrupted when Yunho covered his mouth. “Okay, Junsu. Let’s stop talking about heaven here. Lunch break is almost over. Go back to work, guys.”

As if on cue, they all stood from their seats and headed outside. Just before they reached the door, Yunho grabbed Changmin’s shoulder.

“Are you sure you’re okay?” he asked.

Changmin smiled meekly. “Hyung, I’m okay. Yuri was just overreacting.”

Yunho nodded and ruffled his hair.

“I fell in love with your wife before, and now I’m in love with your ex-girlfriend. Who would be okay with that? I’m really sorry, hyung.” Changmin whispered as he walked away.

***

“Umma, Uncle Minho is here!” Jun shouted as he dragged Minho to the living room.

When Yuri saw him, she immediately pulled him into a hug. She missed him so much. Since she came back to his family, they hardly had any contact. She was busy being a housewife while he was busy with his business trips.

“How are you?” Minho asked.

Yuri smiled. “I’m doing great. I’m having a good time taking care of everything here. It’s amazing, Minho. How about you?”

Minho nodded and patted Yuri’s head. “I’m glad you’re adjusting well. As for me, I’m doing quite normal. Business is good.”

Jun sat on Minho’s lap. “Are you going to stay for a while, Uncle? I want to play. I missed you.”

“Jun –“

Minho squeezed her hand. “Yul, it’s okay. I’m done with all my office work. It won’t hurt to spend some time with my little buddy here.”

“Thank you, Uncle!” Jun said and hugged Minho.

Yunho, on the other hand, was about to park his car in their garage when he noticed a BMW. He wondered who it was because they rarely had visitors during weekdays.

“I’m home!” he announced as he entered the living room.

That was when he noticed Minho who immediately stood up from his seat while carrying Jun in his arms. Yuri walked towards him and kissed his cheek as his son waved at him happily.

“Yunnie, I want you to meet Minho. And Minho, this is my husband, Yunho.” She said.

They shook hands but there was an undeniable tension. Yunho was aware of his heroic act, of how he took care of Yuri and Jun but the way he looks at Yuri makes him want to strangle him.

“I heard all about you from my wife. Thank you for saving them. That was so heroic of you.” Yunho said, trying to get himself together and act unaffected by the man’s presence.

Minho smiled. “That was nothing. Anyone would do that if they were in my position.”

Yeah right.

“I’m glad you two finally met. This is so nice. Is it okay Yunnie if we invite Minho to dinner?” Yuri asked.

Yunho gulped. “Oh. Sure.”

Damn. I can’t even…Jung Yuri. Ugh.

“I don’t think I can, Yul. I still have to run some errands for my Mom.”

That’s right. Just go home.

“But Uncle, Mom cooked a lot. And you said we will play.”

And now, Jun. I’m speechless.

“Okay, fine. Do I have a choice?” Minho agreed in defeat.

The whole dinner became such an excruciating experience for Yunho. His wife and son wouldn’t stop talking about their life with Minho. Their inside jokes and frequent laughter made it more awful for him. He hated it. He didn’t like the idea of another man grabbing the attention of his wife. He was undeniably jealous. And when Minho finally bid goodbye, his jealousy fits started.

Yuri huddled towards him but he did not move one bit. The former noticed the cold treatment and looked at Yunho intensely.

“You’re jealous.” She said.

“I’m not.”

“Yes you are.”

Yunho faced the other side of the bed. “He likes you.”

Yuri chuckled. “Are we really having this conversation?  Minho doesn’t like me.”

“Yes, he does.”

She sighed and kissed his shoulder. “Baby, he doesn’t like me. Trust me.”

Yunho pulled her into a tight hug. “You’re mine. I don’t like it when you pay attention to another man. ”

“You’re crazy. Of course I am yours, idiot.”

Yunho pouted. “I can’t feel it.”

“What do you mean you can’t feel it?”

“You have to make it up to me.”

“Seriously. No, I won’t.”

“Then I won’t talk to you.”

“Then don’t talk to me.”

Yunho stood and walked towards the door. “I won’t sleep here. I’ll sleep in Jun’s room.”

Yuri rolled her eyes. “Sleep there. I’ll even take you there if you want.”

Yunho stomped his feet. “I hate you.”

Yuri laughed at her husband’s childish antics. She walked towards him and pulled him back to bed. “You are such a baby.” She said and kissed his nose.

“I know. Now, make it up to me.”

Yuri sighed in defeat. “What do you want?”

“The night is still long, love.” He whispered.

“Of course. It’s winter solstice. 15 hours of night and 9 hours of day. It’s not that hard to figure out.”

Yunho narrowed his eyes at her. “Don’t you dare get smart with me, Missy. You know exactly what I mean.

Yuri smirked. “Of course, I do.” She said and kissed his lips.

 

***

She never stopped telling herself everything will be okay. Her heart still hurts every time she remembers him and sometimes, she still cries herself to sleep. But the busy days in school and at work made it easier to forget for a while, even just for a while.

“Good morning.” Greeted the coffee shop employee.

“The usual please.” She said and handed her card.

The brittle coldness of the air made its way to her skin in spite the coat and scarf. She sipped from her coffee and felt her insides get a bit warmer. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and typed a message for Changmin.

“Hey, Min. How are –“

A girl shrieked as the coffee splashed all over the two of them. “Oh my gosh!” the girl shouted.

She pulled a tissue paper from her bag and tried to help the lady clean up. “I’m sorry. I’m really sorry.”

The girl smiled. “It’s okay. You didn’t mean –Yuri? Kwon Yuri?!”

“Uh. No, that’s my sister. I’m Jinri. Kwon Jinri. How did you know her?”

BoA chuckled. “Who wouldn’t know her? The wife of Jung Yunho who is back from the dead.”

Jinri’s expression suddenly changed when she heard his name. He still had that unbelievable effect on her.

“I’m sorry about what happened.” BoA said.

Jinri smiled. “It’s okay. Anyway, I think you have to change your clothes. My apartment is just near.”

“Oh. Don’t bother. It’s okay.”

“Please? It’s the least I can do.”

BoA smiled. “Okay, then.”

Let the game begin.

 

***

Hello, everyone! How are you? I'm so sorry for not updating for so long. I've been very busy with a lot of stuff lately. What do you think of the chapter? BoA is back! 

 

By the way, I thought of a new fanfic concept. Well, I wrote the 1st chapter already. But I really want your opinion on this. Should I post it or should I finish this fic first? 

 

Thank you for coming by! I hope you enjoyed! :)