I Love You

To See You Again

“What is this talk about, Yunho?” Yuri asked as soon as they reached the garden.

“I want you to come back home.” He said without hesitations.

Yuri frowned and was quiet for a while. She didn’t understand what was going on in his mind again. Was he being too bold? Too impatient? She clearly didn’t know.

“I don’t get why you want us to do that. You get to see your son often. I don’t see any reason why we should move back with you. And in case you’ve forgotten, you are with my sister.”

Yunho looked away and sighed. “We are not together anymore.”

“What?!” Yuri yelped. She had mixed emotions. Did he really break up with her?

“You didn’t…did you?” she asked.

“Obviously, yes.” He answered.

Yuri turned her back on him and as she tried to conceal the mixed emotions burning her inside. She wanted to punch him on the face for doing such a stupid thing. But deep down, there was this weird feeling of happiness that engulfed her. She knew she was being selfish but she couldn’t stop it. She just couldn’t.

She faced him again, this time with better composure. “Why would you do that?” she asked calmly.

Yunho looked at her in the eyes with such love and affection. “Because I want to be with you again.”

“But you love my sister, don’t you?”

“I do but it’s a whole different story. I love you.”

“You cannot love two people at the same time.”

“I love you more than I love her. I love you more than I love anyone in this world. You know that. Everybody knows that.”

There was a battle in the mind of Yuri. She didn’t know what the right thing to do was. For the past years, she had nothing in mind but to have her husband back. Her love for him never died as it only grew stronger each day. But she knew if she accepted him again, someone was going to get hurt badly and it was the last thing she ever wanted.

She sighed and held his face. “Yunho, this is not the right thing to do.”

Yunho’s eyes fuelled in frustration as he broke away from Yuri. “Tell me the right thing to do because I don’t know anymore!” he shouted.

“Go back to her. That’s the only right thing to do right now.”

Yunho grabbed Yuri’s shoulders which made their faces only inches away from each other. “Are you out of your mind? You want me to go back to her and pretend like you never came back? You think I can do that? I can’t Yuri. I can’t. I have never been sure about anything in my life until I met you. You are the only person in this world who made me believe in the beautiful possibilities of life. And I am not saying this just because I want you back but because these are the words I have been meaning to tell you since that day you disappeared from my life. Yuri, you’re the only one I’ve ever needed this much. Call me selfish and cruel or whatever bad words you have there but only God knows how much I am willing to give up for you. I love you, Yuri. I love you.”

Yuri couldn’t move because of the shock from what just happened. All their good memories together flashed in her mind. Their first date, their first anniversary as a couple, his wedding proposal, their wedding, everything. She realized how beautiful those years have been with him. He always made sure she was happy and got the best of everything. She was literally his world. And the tears that were streaming down his face that moment made her see the pain he had to put up with. All along, she was mainly concerned with her own pain that she didn’t see all his miseries.

Yunho wiped his tears and loosened his grip on Yuri. “I’m sorry. Maybe I’m pushing you too hard into this.” He uttered and walked away.

Yuri knew that if she let him go again, he might not come back. She knew it was her last chance. So, she took the risk and hugged him from the back.

“Don’t go…I’m going with you. I’m going wherever you will go.” She said.

Yunho looked at her, trying to reconcile his thoughts with what she said. “Are you sure?”

Yuri nodded. “I’m taking the risk because I know you’re worth it.”

Without warning, Yunho kissed her. It was long and passionate, just like the old days. Soon, they were out of breath but they were fine with that. They were with each other and it was all that mattered.

“I love you, Mrs. Jung Yuri.”

“I love you too, Mr. Jung Yunho.”

I don’t care anymore. All I want is to be with this man…FOREVER.