Confrontations and Happy Moments

To See You Again

Chapter 24

The past days were really hard for Jinri. While everybody was happy for the newly reconciled couple, she wished everything was just a bad dream. No one dared to ask her about it because they knew she was deeply hurt—even Changmin.

However, she did not expect that the last person she wanted to see will break the silence she tried to maintain.

“What are you doing here?” she asked, still surprised by the sudden visit.

“I just want to talk to you.”

Jinri wasn’t sure whether or not she will let the surprise visitor enter, but after a little contemplation, she let her in.

“Have a sit.”

Yuri looked at her with such curious eyes. “Thank you.” she whispered.

Jinri sat a few inches away from her. The atmosphere was very awkward and uncomfortable. It was after all their first official meeting since Yuri came back.

Yuri chuckled and broke the silence. “I can’t believe this. You really look like me. You are really my twin sister.”

Jinri wanted to show indifference but she found her lips curling into a smile. “It feels weird. It’s like I’m looking at the mirror.”

Their short conversation lessened the uneasiness between them. However, they knew there was something far more serious to talk about.  Their smiles faded as inevitable silence took over them again.

Yuri cleared . “How are you?”

Jinri looked away and played with her fingers, as if distracting herself from her own emotions. “To be honest, I’m not doing fine. It has been weeks and I’m not exactly sure how to move on from this chaos.”

Yuri was tongue-tied. She had been involved in many agitating situations since she came back but the one with her sister was different. Jinri was miserable because of her. They didn’t even met properly and yet there was already bad blood between them.

Yuri clutched her purse and bit her tongue. “I’m…sorry.”

Jinri gave her a tight-lipped smile while her fingers were shaking like a club. “Sorry? Of course you’d say that. Everybody is feeling sorry for me but nobody understands.”

“I…understand.”

Jinri smirked. “You, of all people, won’t understand. Because if you do, you won’t let yourself get carried away by his sweet words that day.”

“You saw it?”

“Oh yes. I saw everything. I saw how happy everybody was when they saw you. Their laughter and smiles made me realize that all this time, I was just your replacement.” Jinri said with her pain so evident it made Yuri’s heart hurt.

Yuri reached out for Jinri’s hand but she whisked it away. The latter stood up and leaned on the frame of the ceiling-high windows. She tried to stop the lump forming in but she gave up and just let her tears fall. Her shoulders were shaking really bad that it alarmed Yuri. She took a few steps forward in an attempt to comfort her but Jinri raised her hand as if telling her to stop.

With eyes still filled with tears, she faced Yuri. “You took everything away from me. I was so happy until you came back. He was mine, Yuri. He was already mine. He loved me. But you took him away from me.”

Her accusations hit Yuri hard. Was she really in the wrong? Was she really that selfish to welcome Yunho back in his life?

Yuri covered her face with her palms and cried. “I’m sorry that this had to happen. I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

“No amount of sorry would suffice for my pain!” Jinri shouted. “Why does everybody choose you? What do you have that I don’t? Why can’t they love me the way they love you?”

“Jinri, they love you. You just don’t see it but they love you. Believe me.”

“Oh please. You have no idea how miserable I am right now. All my life, all I wanted was to be loved. When it finally happened, you came into the picture and destroyed everything. I wish you were really dead.”

Yuri’s expression darkened as she balled her fists. “You have no idea how hard it was for me.”

Jinri sneered. “Of course, I have no idea because I don’t give a damn about you and your misery.”

“You are heartless.”

“I know. Thanks to you.”

Yuri took a deep breath and headed to the door. However, Jinri grabbed her arm and pulled her back inside. “You’re going to regret the day you came back to Yunho’s life. I’m going to make you miserable, Yuri.”

Her threat brought shivers down Yuri’s spine but she didn’t let it take the better of her. She pulled away from her grasp and smiled.

“Well, I won’t let you do that. I love Yunho and he loves me. It’s a fact that no one can deny, even you.” She said and walked towards the door. “And one more thing, Yunho is my husband. He’s mine.”

***

Yuri was lying on the bed when the door of their bedroom creaked. Yunho entered the room quietly and set himself beside Yuri. He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her hair.

“How was work?” she asked.

He smiled. “I thought you were sleeping.”

She caressed his face. “I tried but I can’t.”

“You look drained. What’s wrong?” he asked.

Yuri sat and rested her back on the headboard. “I talked to Jinri.”

Yunho jolted from his position and looked at Yuri disbelievingly. “Why would you do that?”

“Because I wanted to make things better.”

“And…?”

She sighed. “I didn’t make things better. I think it only got worse. She was so angry, Yunho.”

She didn’t tell him the part where Jinri threatened her. She knew that he will surely get angry if he learned about it. She told herself that it was better off that way.

He moved closer to her and had her head rest on his chest. “Everything will be okay, baby. Trust me.”

“We are not close but seeing her that way made my heart hurt so badly.” Yuri said as her voice started to shake.

He caressed her hair and kissed her head. “I’m sorry it had to turn out this way. I never thought what happened would turn her that way.”

“She loves you so much. That’s the reason why.”

“I know and I loved her too. But I just can’t continue fooling her and myself that it’s the same love I feel for you. Ours is a different story. We were victims of crazy circumstances.”

 “I feel so guilty.”

Yunho cupped her face and kissed her nose. “You don’t have to be guilty. I am to be blamed here, not you. Okay?”

“But…”

“No more but’s Jung Yuri. You leave this whole mess behind and let me deal with it. Understand?”

She rolled her eyes. “So bossy.”

“No, I am not. I’m just being protective of my wife.” He reasoned.

Then, the unexpected happened. Yuri pulled Yunho’s collar and kissed him. It shocked the latter but he eventually got over it and went with the flow. Soon, the kiss grew more passionate. They couldn’t contain their happiness when they pulled apart to breath. Yunho had a shy smile on his face while Yuri was all flustered.

“I missed you.” Yuri said and circled her fingers on Yunho’s chest.

Yunho grabbed her hand and looked at her intensely. “Prove it.” He challenged.

Yuri’s laugh echoed in the room. “ert Jung Yunho strikes again.”

“I’m not a ert. I’m just a loyal and loving husband.” He said and spread little kisses on Yuri’s face.

However, a knock on the door interrupted their sweet moment. When Yunho opened the door, he saw his son with a big smile on his face.

“Hi Appa.” He said and entered the room.

Yunho followed him and pretended to be angry. “Yah! Did I tell you to enter?!”

Little Yunho didn’t even flinch and went straight to shower his mother with kisses. “I missed you, Umma.”

She smiled. “I missed you too, sweetie.”

Yunho stomped his feet like a child and sat on the bed beside his wife and son. “Yah! How can you miss your Umma and ignore your Appa?”

Yuri punched him playfully. “Stop acting like a child, Yunnie.”

On the other hand, their son wouldn’t stop giggling. It was evident on his face how much he adored his father.

“And why are you giggling huh?” Yunho said as he put him on his lap.

“You’re cute when you’re like that Appa. I like it.”

Yunho’s face lightened. “You also missed Appa, didn’t you?” he asked.

His son nodded and that’s when he showered him with kisses. Soon, they were all hugging and kissing each other. It was a happy moment for the family—a moment they’ve all waited to happen for many years. Yunho and Yuri set aside their problem with Jinri and enjoyed the moment.

“Hey, buddy. You should sleep early tonight.” Yunho said.

His son frowned. “But there’s no school tomorrow.”

“It’s not good for kids to stay up late. You won’t grow up as tall as Appa and that would be embarrassing.”

Little Yunho pouted and looked at his mother as if asking for help. Yuri, however, agreed with Yunho, unsuspecting of his husband’s naughty plan. The boy gave up and went to his room as his mother tucked him to bed.

When Yuri came back to their room, she found Yunho looking at her with a smirk. That was when she realized what happened a while ago was all planned. She grabbed a pillow and hit him.

“You’re such a ert!”

Yunho laughed heartily. “You finally figured it out.”

“I hate you.”

“Oh no, you don’t. You actually love this, don’t you? You and me. All alone. The night is still long, baby.” He whispered to her ears.

His y voice sent shivers down to her spine. “I love you, Jung Yunho.”

“I love you too.” He said and finally captured her lips.

Truly, the night was long but it was the best night for Yunho and Yuri as they rekindled the love they have always treasured.

 

***

Hello, readers!

 

How did you like the chapter? I'm sorry for not updating for too long. I've been really stuck with school stuff. I hope you're all doing fine right now. 

 

BTW, thank you for commenting and subscribing. You're the best! :)