Little Did He Know

To See You Again

 

“Good morning, Minyoung.” Minho greeted as he slipped through her room.

Her face was against the morning sun and from where Minho was standing, the traces of tears on her cheeks were visible. When she finally turned around and faced him, she tried to hide whatever she was going through at that moment. However, the act didn’t work on Minho.

He walked closely to her and pulled her into a hug. It surprised Yuri but she didn’t protest and just let the moment be.

“I know it hurts. But soon, you’ll heal. And when that happens, you’ll still have me behind your back.” Minho said.

“I don’t know why you’re so good to me. I don’t know why you do all these sacrifices for me. But whatever your reasons are, thank you Minho.”

Minho untangled himself from the hug and faced her again. He looked deeply through her eyes and then pressed his lips on his forehead. This time, Yuri was shocked but again, no protest came out of .

“Let’s go. We’ll be late for our flight.” Minho said as he guided her out of the room.

Aish! Why aren’t you protesting, Minyoung?! Yuri told her mentally.

The only reason I’m doing this is because I’m in love with you. Minho thought.

***

Yunho hasn’t called Jinri for almost four days now. Jinri couldn’t stop herself from worrying which is why she went to places he probably went to. However, her search ended up with nothing but disappointment. She felt so angry and betrayed. Few days ago, they were happy. Now, there was nothing but loneliness, longing and confusion.

“I really hate this, Min.” she complained.

Changmin sighed. “That’s already the 10th time you said that line. You should try to relax and stop overthinking.”

Jinri stood up from where she was seated and sat beside Changmin. “How can I relax? Four days! He hasn’t contacted me that long, not even a message reached me. How unfair is that?!”

“Yah! Don’t shout. You’re hurting my precious ears.”

Jinri sighed in exasperation as her expression changed into a sad one. “Just when I thought you can comfort me, you resort to doing this…”

When Changmin noticed the sadness in her tone, he wrapped his arms around her shoulders. “I’m sorry. But you just have to be patient. I know hyung. To hurt you is the least he would want to do. Just give him time to think things through.”

“Think things through? But few days ago, he was so sure about this. I don’t know what to believe anymore.”

“Jinri, hyung is having a really hard time not because of you but because of the situation you are in. more than what they would say about him, he is worried of what people would think of you. Just try to analyse your situation, you are his wife’s twin and suddenly, you become his girlfriend. What would people think of the two of you? A joke. A sickening joke.”

Jinri was hurt by what she heard but then it was the truth she had been refusing to accept for long now.

“And to be honest, I don’t think hyung is really sure about what he feels about you.”

“But we kissed, Min. He kissed me.”

Changmin gazed at her cautiously, as if trying to scrutinize her emotions, as if surveying if he should still continue talking. But then, he knew he had to do it.

“A kiss is just a contact between the skins of two people. It can be beautiful if it has meaning for those two people. It has meaning for you, but how about for hyung? Think about that, Jinri. Think about that. Hyung is a good person but you also have to understand what he is going through right now. He lost a wife, and now he is confronted with this kind of situation.”

Jinri’s sob was uncontrollable as Changmin revealed all his thoughts about her ‘relationship’ with Yunho. She couldn’t believe he’d be capable of being that honest. More so, she couldn’t believe that whatever he said might actually be true—that the kiss isn’t as magical as it seemed and that the love he saw in his eyes is after all just her imagination.

But there was no stopping her from loving Yunho, not even the truth.

I’ll make him love me like he never loved anyone before. Jinri thought.

***

“I can’t believe I’m doing this, Jae.” Yunho said as he waited for his flight.

Jaejoong tapped his shoulder. “You know I don’t agree on this but if this is what you really need to do, I’ll just support you.”

Yunho sighed and closed his eyes in despair. “I hope she can wait.”

“Then at least give her a call.”

“I can’t. I just can’t”

“A message, then.”

Yunho brought out his phone and started typing his message for Jinri. He took a deep breath before sending the message that said:

I’m sorry. I just need time to think about our situation. I know I’m being unfair and I’m hurting you deeply for doing this but I just can’t let you fall for me without being secured about how I feel about you. I hope you can forgive me. I’m sorry. –Yunho

Jaejoong handed him a bottle of water as they started to converse about other things. However, Jaejoong stopped in the middle of his talk as his eyes was locked in a corner.

“Aigoo…such a cute child.” He whispered.

Yunho chuckled and shook his head. Jaejoong and his love for kids.

“And look, he looks just like you.” He said.

With that, Yunho finally laid eyes on the child Jaejoong was spazzing about. He was indeed cute and he really looked like him. Suddenly, there was an urge inside him to go to the child and cuddle him. He felt an unbelievable sense of familiarity and longing. Then, the child that he could have had flooded his mind. Sadness started to engulf him. For one last time, he looked at the child carried by a man who doesn’t even look like him.

But little did he know that the man carrying the child is the one who saved his wife.

Little did he know that the child they adored is his own.

And little did he know that his wife was just a few steps away from him, also waiting for a flight to London.