Chapter 8: Those Words

Worth A Try

“Jong Kook oppa?” Jong Kook could hear Ji Hyo’s voice calling his name again.

They were still standing in front of the door and it was probably the third time Ji Hyo tried to get Jong Kook’s attention. But he was just standing still in front of her. He might look like he was unconscious, yet he was really aware of his surroundings. In his head, he tried to find a good reason why he visited Ji Hyo. A really good reason why he harshly knocked her door.

“Ji Hyo-ah.. Umm.. Oppa was just… Umm… jogging around the block.”

Jong Kook smiled; he didn’t realize what he was saying. Well, he didn’t think he was drunk. Poor Jong Kook, he couldn’t even understand what he was saying although he though he did. Ji Hyo, who was getting more confused at that time, chose to remain silence. She could smell soju on Jong Kook’s breath. From the moment Jong Kook knocked her door, Ji Hyo had already forgotten about the thing earlier. She didn’t care about the woman who was with him just a couple of hours ago. She only cared about what was Jong Kook doing there at that time.

“Umm.. I accidentally took a wrong turn and ended up here. So I thought maybe I should greet you, Ji Hyo-ah.”

Okay, it was a really stupid lie and he didn’t even notice that. Ji Hyo asked herself what he was planning to do. His reasons were really irrational, it just didn’t make sense.

“Oppa, it’s 9 p.m. You aren’t sweating and you wore a leather jacket. I’m not stupid. What are you doing here?” Ji  Hyo wasn’t angry. In fact, she was kinda happy to see the older man. She laughed a bit, knowing that Jong Kook was drunk.

“Yah Ji Hyo-ah, I took a shower first before I came here. That’s the reason why I’m not sweating!!” The drunken Jong Kook was frustrated. Why doesn’t she believe me? I just made a really good reason!!

“Where did you take a shower oppa?” She smiled even wider. It was funny to see Jong Kook acting stupid.

“Ji Hyo-ah, I took a shower in my car. Why are you so stupid today??”  

Ji Hyo burst in laughter. Who would’ve thought that a man like Jong Kook could be so funny when he was drunk. This time, Jong Kook was the one who stayed silence, didn’t know what was funny about what he just said.

“What was so funny about that? Ah, you’re so annoying today, yah Ji Hyo!! I’m going home!!!” He turned his body and walked away in desperation. He got really emotional because of the soju, and he didn’t even realize that.

“Jong Kook oppa, wait! You’re drunk! You can’t drive back home. It’s cold outside, come on in!”

Ji Hyo grabbed his arms and dragged him into her house. Jong Kook could only follow her and said nothing. The woman told him to sit on the sofa and gave him some water. He didn't want to drink it and sang random songs instead. But 5 minutes later, he hardly could say a word. Ji Hyo grumbled when she saw Jong Kook closing his eyes.

“Aiishh, Jong Kook oppa. What should I do? I can’t let you sleep here tonight. If anyone sees this, we will be in trouble right away!”

Ji Hyo talked to herself, but not in her head. She yelled at Jong Kook but she knew he wouldn’t give any respond anyway. She walked back and forth for a few times and the she stopped in front of him. Jong Kook oppa still looks good even when he’s drunk. I can’t stay mad at him, he’s just too adorable. Aish I’m acting like a fan girl! Jong Kook was sitting on the sofa, almost asleep. Ji Hyo sat next to her and took a really good look at him. His eyes were already closed and his lips were a little bit opened.

 “Yah, Kim Jong Kook, why did you drink soju in the first place?!!!!” She suddenly yelled at him to distract her own mind. Looking at him like that made her heartbeat raced faster. She closed her eyes and sighed in disappointment, knowing that he wouldn’t answer the question.

“Ji Hyo-ah…” Jong Kook said weakly, still looking down, unable to lift his own head up.

Ji Hyo was surprised to hear Jong Kook responding to her yelling. She moved closer to him and tried to listen more carefully.

“… I drank because I couldn’t take it anymore…” He mumbled the words.

Couldn’t take what anymore?? Ji Hyo was getting more curious. Please oppa don’t fall asleep yet! Come on continue your sentence!!!  She couldn’t help but smiling continuously. Ahh this really is not my business, but this is interesting!! Her eyes sparkled.

“… Ji Hyo-ah… seeing you with that man… it really hurts..”


A/N: Sorry for the really short chapter :( I really like it, though :)