Land Down Under

You're Still The One

She could not control the loud pounding of her heart as she met his smiling eyes. The sight of him on that plane got her extremely excited she could hardly remember to breath.

Kim: Gerald?! What are you doing here?!

Gerald: Call me obsessive, possessive or a psychotic stalker even but if you think you can get away from me that easily, you are terribly mistaken missy! You got me falling so deep so… (started singing) I’ll go wherever you will go!

His dreadfully off-tune rendition of the song had drawn the other passengers’ attention. Kim quickly pulled him down to his seat to stop him from butchering the song even further. “Ge, people are looking our way!”

Gerald: Bayaan mo sila. They just wish that they had a hot, romantic boyfriend serenading them too.

Kim: Ang yabang nito. Bakit, boyfriend ba kita? Last time we talked, I thought we agreed on being just friends for now.

Gerald reached for her hands and placed them on his chest. “Kim, I love you. I don’t know how I can get through each and every day being oceans apart from you.”

Kim was speechless at his confession. His hands were warm and electrifying against her skin. Her heart was extremely giddy, still unable to believe that Gerald was on the same flight to Sydney as she was. She was stuck there on a seven-hour flight with him. Without averting her gaze, she plunged straight into his arms. “Kaya pala you didn’t come to say goodbye! You got me so disappointed thinking that I won’t get a chance to see you for a long, long time. Ikaw talaga, you got me good there, mister!”

He ran his fingers through her silky hair while the other hand was wrapped around her. “I gave up a year’s allowance just to fund for this trip. Wala man lang ba akong reward?” He pouted his lips, hinting for a kiss.

Kim: Well, since you will be living on cup noodles for the rest of the school year, I guess I can let you just this once.

Her giggles were halted the second Gerald’s hand held her chin. Her hands found their way around his neck as his lips caressed hers so tenderly. He let out a sigh as he had to let go of her lips when the seatbelt sign was . “I love you baby.”

Kim smiled as she tried to settle her nerves. “I love you too babe.” She couldn’t understand why she felt so nervous having him there. No words could describe how glad she was at his surprise. (“How can I leave this guy? He’s the most adorable, sweetest guy, he’s almost too good to be true!”)

Kim: So baby, what are you planning to do in Sydney?

Gerald: Spend every moment with you.

Kim: Gerald, I’m serious. What about your studies?

Gerald: I wish I could study in Sydney with you but unfortunately, my parents would have to go on a diet and give up their electricity if they have to pay for my tuition fees as an international student. Baby, I am only excused from Uni for two weeks. I wish I could stay longer pero mag-start na rin kasi ang semester eh.

Kim: Baby, I’m so happy that you’re here! I’m so excited to be spending the next two weeks with you. I have until July before the term starts but I have a 2-week bridging course which will start right after you leave so you picked the best timing. At least may two weeks pa tayong magkasama diba? Let’s just enjoy each other’s company, God knows how long before we could get to meet up again.

They held on to each other throughout the whole journey.

***********************************************************

Gerald: Wow, I miss the feel of the winter chill. I can tell this will be two whole weeks of pure bliss! (wink, wink)

Kim: And why exactly would you think that Mr. Anderson?

Gerald: (Hugged her tight from behind while they were waiting for the cab.) Eh kasi maginaw dito which will make you want to cuddle up with me 24/7! I don’t mind not seeing any sights of Sydney at all and stay in bed cuddling with you for the next two weeks instead! You have far more exciting sights to explore baby.

Kim swatted his arm, her cheeks were turning red. “As if naman may access ka 24/7! You gotta earn that privilege first, I’m not cheap and easy, you know.”

Gerald: I gave up a whole year’s allowance, I thought that would have earned me an all access pass!

Kim: Backstage pass lang yun no! You have to wine and dine this bootay first before you can get some!

When they got to her place, Gerald was amazed at how big Kim’s house was. He couldn’t hide his huge grin when he realized that Kim’s mom was in Europe and Kim and him have the whole house to themselves! He couldn’t hide his excitement and scooped Kim off her feet and twirled her around. “I am one happy, happy, lucky guy!”

Kim was not so sure exactly which part of their trip got him so ecstatic about but the mischief in his huge smile somehow told her that it wasn’t just about the thrill of being in another country.

Kim: It is exciting isn’t it? We’re actually both here in Sydney!

Gerald: Let’s go babe. We’ll unpack later. Take me to the nearest fancy restaurant!

Kim: Gerald, there’s food in the fridge. We can whip something up real quick if you’re hungry.

Gerald: Oh I’m not hungry for food, I just want my dessert. (wiggled his eyebrows) I want to wine and dine you so I can have that 24/7 all access pass!

Kim: (“Naku patay, baka totohanin talaga nito ang sinabi ko earlier.”) Baby, tonight na lang yang wine and dine plans mo. We still need to unpack, wala pa akong ligo, amoy airplane pa ako no!

Gerald: (Hugged her tigher and smelled her neck) No matter what time of the day, you always smell fresh babe. You smell good enough to eat. Hmm…

Kim: Typical male. There’s only one thing on your mind! Hindi ka talaga makakascore kung ganyan ka.

Gerald: Okay, okay promise behave na ako. See, I’ll even use a different shower from yours.

Kim started to loosen up her buttons as she started doing her seductive . She dropped pieces of her clothing one by one like a trail on her way to the shower. Gerald could not believe what he was seeing and feeling at that moment. His excitement heightened a little bit more each time a piece of clothing falls on the floor, revealing her hidden treasures. He couldn’t do a thing but stay glued on his spot with mouth wide open in awe. He regretted ever making that promise a minute ago.

Kim: Really baby? Even if I leave the bathroom door open, behave ka pa rin?

Gerald gulped. (“Damn! Was that a trick question? Bahala na, I’ll take my chances!”) He quickly threw all his clothes on the floor and ran into the open access of the bathroom door.

***********************************************************


After their prolonged ‘shower’, they decided to have a quick sleep to get over their jet lag and regain their strength.

Kim: Babe, where would you like to go first?

Gerald: Let’s go to the city, I want to visit the famous landmarks of Australia like the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House.

Kim: Sure, but I have to call my friend first because I don’t have an Australian driver’s license yet.

As she was unable to get a hold of Liv nor Jaimie so despite her reservations, she resorted to calling the one other person that she knew was able to provide them a ride, Jake. Gerald was taken aback and could not help but feel threatened upon seeing Kim greet this brown-haired, blue eyed guy with a big hug and a kiss on each cheek!

Jake: It’s great to see you again y! You look great, as usual!

Kim: Great to see you too Jake. Thanks for doing this for us, I just couldn’t get a hold of Liv. By the way, meet my special someone. This is Gerald.

(“Special someone lang? Whatever happened to ‘my beloved boyfriend’ or ‘the love of my life’?”) Gerald was starting to dislike this guy already.

Jake: Oh yes, I recognize him from the pictures in your e-mail. Pleasure to meet you mate. You’re one lucky guy.

Gerald: (“Kim has constant communication with this guy?”) Good to meet you too Jake.

Gerald regretted ever agreeing on letting Jake join their city tour. He enjoyed their climb at the Harbour Bridge and their walks from Queen Victoria Building all the way to the Opera House, checking out the shops along the way. However, his mood was slightly off seeing Kim laughing at Jake’s jokes and dividing her attention between the two. They even shared a few jokes with ual connotations which sent Gerald into a jealous rage. Of course he had to control his temper as he was determined to make the next two weeks with Kim a memorable, great experience.

Gerald: Thanks again Jake for being so nice, driving us around the city the whole afternoon.

Jake: No worries. Anytime mate. Hope you enjoy your stay here in Sydney. Just let me know if you guys need a ride, alright?

Kim: Thanks Jake. We really did had a good time. Are you sure you don’t wanna come in for a few drinks?

Jake: Nah, I think I’ll pass. I have an assignment due tomorrow, I haven’t even started yet! I have major cramming to do. Besides, I think your boy here really wants to get some rest.

Kim: Ok then, good luck cramming. Just don’t fall asleep after typing your first sentence like you used to do and wake up in a panic at 5 am!

Jake: Hehe! You still remember that huh? Call me later then to make sure that I’m still awake.

Kim: Sure. See ya later!

***********************************************************

Kim noticed that Gerald was unusually quiet and just headed straight into their room without even saying a word. After slipping into more comfortable clothing, she laid down next to Gerald who had his back on her, and wrapped an arm around his waist.

Kim: Babe, are you feeling ok? I have some headache tablets here for you.

No response.

Kim: Babe, what’s the matter? Baby naman eh, what’s wrong? Why aren’t you talking to me?

Gerald: Nothing, I’m just tired. I just need some rest.

Kim suspected that tiredness wasn’t the primary reason why he was ignoring her. It was not characteristic of Gerald to turn his back on her while they were together in bed. She noticed an air of uneasiness with him when they were at the café in Circular Quay earlier. She tightened her embrace and when she felt him stiffened, she started planting seductive kisses on the back of his neck. She then lifted up his shirt and slowly nibbled on his lower back, her tender kisses slowly moving up until she reached his shoulders. Her kisses drove Gerald wild, he completely forgot about his jealousy and couldn’t get his mind off romancing his beautiful girlfriend. Her kisses were playful and a little ticklish which got him so , he couldn’t resist facing her and bombarding her with passionate and fiery kisses.

Kim was going to stop him when he started removing her dress but his kisses got her feeling so good she thought she should enjoy the pleasure he was offering for a few minutes more before putting a stop to it. Gerald was on fire, all that was on his mine was to have her and claim her right there and then. His lips and tongue worked overtime with so much eagerness to pleasure every bit of her flesh. He loved hearing her scream his name with every that brought her extreme pleasure. He held her tight and whispered how much he loves her as they both peaked towards the state of bliss and surrendered each other’s heart, body and soul.

Gerald: Have I told you how good it feels to be inside you baby? I really love you Kim.

Kim: Baby you shouldn’t get me used to this, baka hanap hanapin ko pa to when you leave and maiwan ang studies ko dito.

Gerald: I think this is exactly what I will be doing for the next two weeks para sumama ka na lang sa akin pabalik sa Philippines. Somehow I don’t like the idea of leaving you here even just for a day. Ang daming gwapo dito that you seem to get along well with.

Kim: I knew it! May pinagseselosan na ba agad ang baby ko? (She pinched his side as she .)

Gerald: Sino naman ang pagseselosan ko eh I’ve only met one of your friends?

Kim: Eh di that one person that you’ve met! Admit it, sya ang reason why you got cranky before, am I right?

Gerald: Si Jake? Puhlease! I know for a fact that mas type mo ang brown-eyed guys than his blue eyes no!

Kim: Wala naman akong sinabing ganun ah!

Gerald let out a heavy sigh as he continued to keep Kim trapped in his arms. “Seriously babe, natatakot ako. I’m afraid of what’s ahead. I’m afraid that you’ll find someone to replace me in your heart. Matagal tagal din tayo magkalayo. A lot can happen and we are still both so young. I am threatened at the distance and the time that we will be spending apart. Syempre din we are teenagers, our hormones are flying high, we have certain needs. There will be times, lonely nights when you would want someone to hold you, to comfort you. I won’t be around for those times. I really don’t think I can manage when you are so far away.”

Kim: Baby let’s just enjoy our time here together while you’re still in Sydney. We’ll take about our situation later bago ka umalis. For now, let’s just make the most of our time together and work on making good memories to remember each other by, okay?

Gerald: You’re right, dapat masaya tayo especially that I get to have you all to myself! Every night I get to hold you tight, I get to cuddle up with you and take advantage of you all night! That’s reason enough for me to celebrate!