Chapter 52

You're Still The One

Days went by quick and pretty soon, it was almost time for Kim to head to the airport and bid her loved ones goodbye. Gerald had prepared a little surprise for her a few days before her trip.

Kim: Babe where are you taking me? Bakit ang layo naman? We’ve been driving for hours!

Kim was running out of patience. She was excited but getting a little apprehensive at the same time. She wasn’t too sure anymore about what’s going on in Gerald’s head. She’s aware that he’s not particularly so thrilled about her going away. He tries to be positive about it but she could tell that he was still bothered about the whole thing. She was so sleepy but she was a little nervous about closing her eyes. (“God knows what irrational thoughts are going through his head right now.”)

Kim: Babe is it a good surprise? (His cunning smile and decision to keep the whole thing a mystery was starting to scare her.) Babe, itatanan mo na ba ako? Personally babe I think I’m still too young for marriage. There are still so many things I want to accomplish. Pero mas okay na rin sa akin na itanan mo ako kesa i-sell mo ako sa mga rebelde.

Gerald: Ikaw babe ha, sobrang obvious na gusto mong mag-asawa na tayo.

Kim: What? Ang kapal mo naman, wala akong sinabing ganun ha. Eh bakit naman kasi sa gubat mo ako dinadala, kinakabahan tuloy ako. Two possibilities are you want to run away with me or galit ka talaga sa akin at ipamigay mo ako sa rebels na naglu-lurk sa kagubatan.

Gerald: Since when was I ever okay with the idea of sharing you with other men? Just trust me okay? You know naman na I would never let anything bad happen to you.

Kim slumped back on her seat, pouting her lips. Gerald held her hand and smiled at her lovingly. “Cheer up baby. Promise we are going someplace nice. Someplace where finally, masosolo na talaga kita.”

An hour later, Gerald woke Kim up. “Gising na sweety.”

Kim: Huh? We’re here?

Gerald: Not quite. We have to walk the rest of the way pero it’s not too far naman.

Kim: Teka we went here for our class camping trip! I should have known with the whole bush scenery and all. Duh! We are going camping!

Gerald: Yeah, sort of. I thought you’d never remember. So baby, are you up for a little adventure?

Kim: Heck yeah! Besides we’ve driven all the way here alangan namang babalik na tayo.

Gerald took their backpacks out of the boot.

Kim: Babe, where’s our tent?

Gerald: We don’t need it sweety. Basta just come with me, I have a surprise for you. (He grabbed her hand and they started walking.)

Kim: Wow! You’ve picked the perfect spot to go camping babe. Right by the waterfalls! Ay, kaya lang walang privacy dito eh may nakatira na pala. Ang cute pa ng bahay kubo nila.

Gerald: Wanna go check it out?

Kim: Why? Wa’g na natin silang istorbohin. We can set a camping spot back near where we parked.

Gerald proceeded to the door.

Kim: Babe wait lang! See, the door is locked. Let’s go before the owners get here. (Kim kept on blabbing that she didn’t even notice that Gerald had reached for his keys and unlocked the door.) In fairness ha and ganda ng bahay kubo na to, it almost resembles the one that I envisioned back when we first came here last March. Do you remember us talking about it babe? Babe! Hoy, don’t go in there! Baka bigla tayong hahabolin ng itak nito. That or we can be sued for trespassing! (“Wait a minute, how did he manage to open the door? Parang member to sa akyat-bahay gang ah.”)

Instead of answering he just smiled and caught her by surprise when he picked her up and carried her into the house.

Kim: Hmm… you really are feeling adventurous!

Kim liked the idea of teasing him again. She gave him a passionate, fierce kiss which was enough to get him weak in the knees. “What do you say we get down and dirty while we’re trespassing? Di’ba exciting?” She was expecting his usual response, being a gentleman, not wanting to get caught in a compromising position and tarnish their reputation.

Gerald instead had a wide grin on his face and an over-eager response. “Oo nga. The possibility of getting caught makes it so much more exciting!” He kissed her with all the excitement and love that he was feeling, driving her wild. His hands started exploring and before she knew it, he had successfully ed her shirt. Kim was in awe. (“Ohmygod he is serious! He really wants to do this! Patay. Why did I have to bring up this idea? Ito na ang napapala ko, palagi ko kasing pinaglalaruan ang baby ko. Ngayon tinotoo na! Dammit! Why do his kisses feel so good? He makes it too hard for me to resist him.”)

Gerald: Hmmm… Baby…You drive me so wild. Nakakagigil ka talaga! I love you so much.

Kim: Baby are you sure you are game for this? Aside from the humiliation, there is a chance that we can get badly hurt, you know. What if psychotic yung may-ari at mapatay pa tayo kasi nilapastangan natin ang kubo nya?

Gerald: Am I hearing this right? Ang palaging nangya-yaya when it comes to these things, ay wala pala talagang guts?

Kim blushed. Her pride couldn’t afford to admit that she wasn’t game enough. She replied by kissing his chest and pulling his shirt over his head. Gerald was taken aback by her wild gestures. “Hmm..baby, you are such a turn on!” Clothes started flying off as Kim clung on to him, her legs wrapped around Gerald’s waist. The thrill of doing something this naughty with a chance of getting caught heightened the excitement and all her senses to a maximum level. For a beginner, Gerald was handling her like a pro, true love was oozing with his every passionate move. He worshipped her in every way and whispers of sweet little nothings made the experience even more special and sensual.

Gerald played with her hair, just gazing at her while she was lying in his arms.

Kim: Wow baby! You were an animal!

Gerald: You drive me wild baby. You always have that effect on me. It’s like you hold the key to my wild side.

Kim: I can’t believe we did this and got away with it! (quickly sat up) We better get dressed before the owners get home!

Gerald was quick to pull her back down. “Babe, I have a confession to make.”

Kim: Babe, can it wait until we get decent at least?

Gerald: Baby this place is ours. I made this for you. This is the surprise I was telling you about.

Kim: You’re kidding right?

Gerald: I’m serious. You said you wanted a bahay kubo diba? Sorry it took half a year to make. Hope you like it.

Kim: Wow. Really? I love it! It’s so cozy. I’m still having a little trouble believing that you really made this for me.

Gerald: Believe it baby. I was for real when I said I’ll do anything for you babe, to make you happy. Actually it wasn’t all me naman. Mostly si Mang Lito ang nag-build but dad and I helped and worked hard for it.

Kim: I really appreciate all the work you’ve put through babe. Nakakahiya naman kay Tito, pinatrabaho mo pala sa holiday nya?

Gerald: Oh he loved it! Frustrated handyman-wannabee kasi yon so parang bata na naglalaro dito.

Kim: You are the best baby! You never fail to blow me away. Thank you. Ang sweet mo talaga!

Kim gave him a looong thank you kiss.

Gerald: Hmm.. this is why I love surprising you babe. The reward.

Kim: Swerte mo nga eh, hindi mo pa nga nasabi ang surprise you already got your reward.

Gerald started kissing her neck and lingered down to her chest. “Now time for my ‘thank you’ reward.”

Kim: Hoy mister, you got your reward na diba? Anong akala mo sinuswerte?

Gerald: Syempre naman. I got you so ako talaga ang pinaka-swerte na guy in the world!

Kim: Hehe…OA mo. Kaya pala this place looks more like a loveshack than a normal house. I was so distracted earlier that I didn’t notice na parang bedroom lang yata ang buong house. Bed, candles and hearts pillows lang yata ang laman.

Gerald: May kitchen din naman at little table. Syempre ang priority ay ang essentials. Pwede na tayong magbahay bahayan dito, ikaw si mommy ako si daddy, may bed sa bahay kubo natin, you do the maths!

Kim: Naku buti na lang 1 night lang tayo dito kasi pag mas matagal pa baka matuluyan ka nang maging manyak! Pero I knew you were not the type that would trespass and literally risk his for public display. Nagtaka nga ako, I thought someone might have drugged you when you were too cool and casual earlier.

Gerald: Well, I have to admit I don’t really have the guts to get you in a situation na mapahamak ka, na hayaan kang mapahiya sa ibang tao. I certainly would not do something that can get you hurt or attacked by some maniac. Pero you had a lot of fun diba? The thrill of getting caught put you over the edge, right? You were extra wild baby! (wink)

Kim playfully hit him. “Loko ka talaga. There I was kinakabahan the whole time na someone will come and find us in the middle of something. Pero I must admit, it did make the whole experience much more intense.”

After getting hot and sweaty in bed, they decided to play around like little kids by the waterfalls. Things eventually got wild and out of control by the waterfalls and Gerald carried Kim back into their love nest to finish off what they started. While Kim was having a quick nap, Gerald snuck out and prepared a candlelight dinner. It was a beautiful night, the stars were out so Kim layed out a picnic blanket after their dinner and they talked about their relationship and her upcoming trip while stargazing. Gerald held her tight and kept kissing her cheeks while they were talking about her trip.

Gerald: Baby, kahit 2 days pa before your trip miss na kita.

Kim: I’m still here baby, you can hold me as much as you want so let’s enjoy this moment. It will be another three months before we could be like this again. Let’s save the tears at the airport. Dapat happy tayo kasi we can hold each other all night.

Gerald: You’re right baby. Basta promise mo ha, you’ll think of me everytime na may gwapong mag-flirt sayo. Think about how much you love me and how much more I love you.

Kim: Baby, I’ll be missing you and be thinking about you every second of the day. You are everything I could ever ask for. I wouldn’t give any other guy the time of day dahil meron na akong super gwapo and super loving na boyfriend who already has everything that I am looking for in a guy.

Gerald: You too babe, you have everything I could ever ask for in a girlfriend and more. Mahal na mahal kita. (He squeezed her tighter then kissed her lips.) I don’t know if I can handle na iwanan mo ako for three months. Ang tagal naman kasi ng three months.

Kim noticed that Gerald was starting to get a little teary. So she quickly thought of a way to brighten his mood. She couldn’t bear seeing him like this. “Hey baby, have you ever been skinny dipping?”

Gerald: Not since I was 7. Why?

Kim started to take her clothes one by one and threw them at him before running into the water. “Care to join me?”

He shook his head and grinned. “Ito talagang baby ko, you know exactly what to do to make me deliriously happy!”