Chapter 7

What Happened to Us?

 

Author’s POV

Still at Sunny’s restaurant

 

“Got a plan?”

The blonde girl answered her with a smirk on her face. She walked to the table and sat across the couple. “I do.”

Sooyoung has an amused expression on her face. She had always liked it whenever the blonde girl ‘played her game’. Interesting events always happen whenever this game is held and she knew this one is no exception. She just got excited about this whole plan and she was more than willing to help out.

 Sunny watched as the two had their conversation through their eyes. Judging from the gleam in their eyes, she knew that this plan is something devious. Something that only her precious cousin can think of. Her girlfriend’s excitement to this meant more trouble.

 She didn’t like it when these two work together. Don’t get her wrong, she’s not jealous at all. It’s just that when they do something, trouble always comes along the way.

But still, she can’t disagree with them with regards to helping Jessica. She had seen the worst of Jessica’s depression and she knows that she has to do something for her. Jessica had always been a good friend though she may not look like it.

In the end, Sunny has no other choice.

Sunny sighs inwardly. “What are you up to, Chaerin?”

Chaerin looked at Sunny and seeing her worried expression made her smirk grow wider. “You seem scared there, cousin. It’s not as bad as you think. Jessica is also my friend and I want her to have a happy ending as well… just like what I did for you and this giant.”

At this point, Sunny knew that there was no way she’s getting out of this. It’s true. It was only through Chaerin’s ‘help’ that she and Sooyoung ended up being together. She was grateful for that but she also knew that her cousin’s way of playing can be dangerous. It works ninety eight percent if not a perfect hundred but still…

 

there may be risks.

 

“It will be fine, Sunny.” Sooyoung assured her.

‘This is it. No turning back now.’ Sunny thought. “Tell me about this… plan of yours.”

Seeing her cousin’s sureness in her cooperation, Chaerin is getting more excited.

Maybe even a little too much.

“Ooh. Wait. Shouldn’t we tell Taeyeon about this? She’d be glad to help us out.” Sooyoung suggested.

Chaerin shook her head. “You can’t tell her about the plan. She has a specific role to play and she’d play it better if she doesn’t know about this.”

Sooyoung and Sunny looked at each other in confusion and then looked at the blonde game planner.

“So that means, Taeyeon will be able to help us without her knowing about it?” Sooyoung furrowed her eyebrows.

“Yeah.”

“How?”

“You know, if you just let me do the talking instead of asking stupid questions, then I should have finished explaining by now.” Chaerin is getting anxious.

“Chill. Alright, we’ll listen.” Sooyoung said.

“Very well then. Have you ever heard of immunization?” Chaerin asked them.

Sunny rolled her eyes. “Duh! Everyone had their fair share of that!”

“I don’t!” Sooyoung exclaimed.

Sunny ignored her and continued, “Get straight to the point.”

“That’s exactly what we’ll do… to Jessica.”

The couple tilted their heads so Chaerin continued, “To make it short, we’ll let Jessica feel more and more pain...”

Chaerin paused as her expression got darker. The listeners can only hold their breath as they waited for more explanation.

 

“…until she reaches her boiling point.” Chaerin finished her sentence.

“How’s that going to help her? And how are we supposed to do that?” Sooyoung questioned her.

Chaerin sighed. “Our goal is to get the girl back into Jessica’s life, right? That includes knowing every little detail about what really happened between them and the only way to know about the whole truth is that we get it from the girl herself. That will only happen if we find her and get her to confront Jessica. That way, things between them will be much clearer and it will be easier for Jessica to have her back.”

Sooyoung only nodded. Sunny had a different opinion.

“But keep in mind that this girl avoids Jessica and now, Jessica is also avoiding her. They’re running from each other. Besides, even if we put them in the same place, I doubt that there will be any confrontation that will happen.” Sunny reasoned out.

“That’s the reason behind this ‘immunization’. If we put them in the same place together, Jessica will be the one who hurts the most. They had been best friends for years, right? I’m sure whoever this girl is, she still cares about our Jessica. Seeing her best friend’s terrible condition because of her, I’m pretty sure that the girl will slowly soften her heart.” Chaerin further explained.

“And what if that doesn’t happen?” Sooyoung got more excited.

“Good question. Well, if that didn’t work out then we’ll just let them be. Pain doesn’t really go away, you can only get used to it. The only thing we can do to help is to quicken up this process. We’ll push Jessica to the root of her pain until she feels numb and gets ‘immuned’ to the pain. Then, she’ll be happy again.”

“Wait. You said earlier that Taeyeon has a role in this. And that is?” Sunny asked as she leaned her head in Sooyoung’s shoulder and held the latter’s hand. This is the only way for her to be assured that everything’s fine.

She didn’t like the part wherein they had to hurt Jessica. Her friend has been through a lot and the plan may make everything worse. She also felt that her cousin meant something else behind ‘hurting Jessica’ and that feeling is not good at all.

“As for Taeyeon, we’ll just let her push the right buttons. You’ll see when the time is right. I’m in no position to say it.” Chaerin stated.

“What about the girl? We need to find her to make this plan a success.” Sooyoung stated.

Chaerin chuckled, “I already got that covered.”

The couple widened their eyes in shock.

“You already found her?” Sooyoung can’t believe it.

“But how?” Sunny asked.

The couple’s reaction made Chaerin grin.

“I have my ways.”

 

Flashback (Earlier at the park

 

Chaerin’s POV

 

I was walking around the park to get some fresh air. My conversation with Donghae oppa got me frustrated. Why does he always object to what I want? He should support my dream as a fashion designer but no. Like most of the brothers in this world; he sure knows how to annoy his younger sister.

“Jessica?” I heard girl’s voice said. I looked around and found Jessica and Taeyeon from afar. The tanned girl who called her was standing not far from where I was standing.

I turned my attention to my friends and I noticed that Jessica looked nervous and Taeyeon seemed confused. They didn’t see me because I hid behind a tree. I don’t want to ruin this pleasant scene in front of me, do I?

Just then, I saw Jessica grab Taeyeon’s hand and dragged her off somewhere. I also noticed Taeyeon’s red face but I guess Jessica was oblivious to it. I shook my head and sighed.

Dense girl.

When the two had disappeared, I looked at the tanned girl. She’s now talking to a certain red haired girl and it seemed like this red head was trying to stop the tanned girl from following Jessica. The red head seemed familiar…

Then, it hit me.

 

I already saw this red haired girl…

 

In Jessica’s room…

 

And

 

In oppa’s company.

 

Realization hits me.

 

Believe me, it felt good.

 

I had another game to play.

 

Back to the present (Still at Sunny’s restaurant)

 

Author’s POV

 

“So… the girl we’ve been looking for is working for your brother?” Sooyoung is still amazed.

“Yes. That makes it easier for us. Oppa wants me to be the financial manager in his company but I’m not up for it. Jessica can handle that job since she graduated with a degree in Finance. We also know that she wanted a higher pay to support Krystal’s education so I think she’ll agree to get the job. I can help her to get it. I just have to convince oppa and that’s not too difficult since the position is urgently needed and the fact that Jessica graduated with honors.” Chaerin said proudly.

“Genius!” The couple gave a round of applause.

“Well, I have to go now. I need to start working on my game plan. Remember; don’t mention anything about this to Taeyeon. I’ll need your help to keep this a secret. Do what you do best… push Jessica to her limit.”

With that said, Chaerin left.

 

“Sooyoungie, help me close down?” Sunny used her patented aegyo.

The tall girl chuckled and patted her girlfriend’s head. “Of course, my bunny.”

Sunny linked their arms. She looked happy but she can’t help but feel worried.

 

‘This is just the start’.

 


A/N: Hey guys! I wasn't suppose to update today but I may not do so in the next few days because of my exams. Mianhe! For those who thought the blonde girl was Hyoyeon, sorry! Don't worry, Hyoyeon has a special role in my story. A role that that I have never seen her do in other fics. >_<

And what do you guys think about the plan? Comment please! And welcome aboard to the new subscribers! ^_^

Till next time!