Chapter 24

What Happened to Us?

 

Author’s POV

 

“What are you doing here?” Jessica blurted out, raising her eyebrow.

 

The girl flashed her a smile. “I just missed you so I came here. Am I not allowed to do that anymore?”

 

Sooyoung, Taeyeon and Tiffany only watched the two as if they were in a tennis match.

 

“N.O. You can’t-“Jessica was cut off again when the girl ran to Tiffany and hugged her.

 

“TIFFANY! You’re here! I missed you so much. Where have you been hiding all these time?” The girl pulled out from the hug to give Tiffany a chance to answer the question.

 

Tiffany couldn’t answer it so she just smiled at her. Luckily for her, a cough was heard. It came from Sooyoung and Taeyeon.

 

“Oh. You got company.” Nicole said, looking at the two who both showed an awkward smile.

 

Jessica was still glaring at her cousin so Tiffany took the initiative to introduce them. “Um. This is Sooyoung and Taeyeon. And this one is Nicole. She’s Jessica’s cousin.”

 

“Nice to meet you!” The three chorused.

 

“I was thinking, maybe we could have lunch together? It’s been a while. You two can go with us if you want.” Nicole suggested.

 

“Sorry but I’ll pass.” Sooyoung said.

 

Jessica and Taeyeon widened their eyes and their mouth formed an ‘O’ shape.

 

“Is this true? You, Choi Sooyoung, refuse to have lunch?” Taeyeon said, teasing the tall girl.

 

Usually, Sooyoung would have answered back but instead she lowered her head to hide the cheeks that were turning red. “I will have lunch with Sunny.”

 

“Right. I totally forgot about your ‘eat-in-a-buffet-every-month’ promise to each other. It’s today right?” Taeyeon said.

 

This made Sooyoung become redder so she quickly grabbed her things and dashed out of their sight without saying goodbye.

 

“That leaves the four of us. Let’s go!” Nicole said excitedly.

 

 

At a nearby restaurant…

 

Nicole’s POV

 

We are now almost finished eating our food. I observed them and they all seem to eat quietly. Why do I feel like I’m stuck in an awkward situation?

 

Something is wrong.

 

I saw Taeyeon glance at my cousin while Jessica was glancing at Tiffany. I think Tiffany was oblivious to it because she was only staring intently at Taeyeon who was across her.

 

Does Tiffany like Taeyeon? But Hyoyeon said Tiffany like Jessica. Maybe she’s just mistaken… right? Ugh. These three confuse me.

 

Honey, I’ll make you regret sending me here.

 

“Sica, you got something on your face.” I heard Taeyeon say.

 

“Eh?” My cousin turned to Taeyeon.

 

“Here. Let me.” Taeyeon used her thumb to wipe something from the corner of Jessica’s lips…

 

And she it.

 

Yuck.

 

“Uh. Thanks.” That’s what my dense cousin said.

 

I thought it was just my imagination but I think I saw Taeyeon smirk at me.

 

I was wrong.

 

She smirked at Tiffany who was sitting beside me. Suddenly, I felt the atmosphere around us became cold and dark. I gulped when I saw Tiffany glaring at Taeyeon who still has that smirk on her face.

 

Now I get it. Love sure knows how to mess everything. If only my cousin could stop being so stupid.

 

I sighed and looked at Jessica who was still not finished with her food. I could only shake my head. Why does everyone fall for this girl?

 

Aish! Blame it on the superior Jung genes!

 

I took out two small envelopes from my bag and one to Jessica and the other one to Tiffany.

 

“What’s this?” Jessica looked up and asked me.

 

“Just open it and see for yourself.” I replied.

 

The two of them opened it and read what’s written on the card. They both had that blank expression. Wait for it.

 

In 5

 

4

 

3

 

2

 

1

 

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!” Tiffany screamed, making the whole restaurant cover their ears. I turned my head to see other people glaring at us so I slightly bowed at them for apology.

 

Of all the people in the restaurant, I was the unluckiest. Imagine sitting next to her and she suddenly screamed like that. Seriously, this girl needs to have that microphone surgically removed from . Her loud voice could kill.

 

“Oh my gosh.” The same loud girl said, now in a much calmer tone.

 

“High school reunion? Wow.” Jessica said in an uninterested manner. I thought she’d be happy with this. But why?

 

“And it’s going to be for three days in Jeju. I’m so excited!” Tiffany squealed.

 

“Three days? But what about work?” Taeyeon asked with a frown on her face. I’m starting to feel uncomfortable with this girl. She seems-

 

“Taeng is right Nic. We have a huge project coming up so I’m pretty sure that our boss won’t allow us to go.” Jessica reasoned. She seemed to be hesitating. I guess I have to ask her later.

 

I clapped my hands to show them that there’s nothing to worry about. “Actually, I already talked to your boss about it. Believe it or not, she gave you her permission. I think she’s also excited for you guys. She seems happy about it.”

 

“WHAT?!!” Jessica yelled at me. Again, I have to cover my ears. These two really make a perfect match.

 

“She approved it? Thank you, Nicole!” Tiffany said. Good thing Tiffany is on my side. Kekeke.

 

“You’re welcome. I talked to her this morning. I told her that you would have your vacation starting this Friday so it won’t affect your job that much and she agreed. You’re lucky to have such a nice boss. You should be happy too, Jessica. Besides, everyone is coming. There’s you, Tiffany, Hara, Gyuri, Luna, Yoo-“

 

“Yuri.” I heard Jessica mumble.

 

So that’s what this is all about.

 

I stayed silent, not knowing how to break the Sica effect. Then Tiffany whispered something but with the microphone in , all of us heard it clearly.

 

“Yuri is not coming. She went to the US.” Tiffany took a glance at my cousin.

 

Jessica remained silent and just stared at Tiffany. Tiffany sighed then I saw look nervously at Jessica.

 

“Yuri broke up with me.” Tiffany said.

 

I turned my head to my cousin to see how she would react.  At first, I thought my eyes were deceiving me so I blinked a few times just to make sure. And it was there…

 

 

Jessica smiled.

 


A/N: Most of you thought it was Krystal. Kkkkk. You forgot about the other Jung. Hyoyeon's too scared so she she sent her girlfrined instead. LOL.

Thank you to qiqilovemin for subscribing and voting! And don't forget the comments guys! I love all of it! And to the silent readers... Please do come out. I also want to hear from you guys.

Have a nice day!

P.S.: I'm so happy Krystal made an Instagram account. She should tell her sister to make one too. XD